• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Choomp

Banned
Just saw this on Twitter. Colin memes are best memes.

B_FozxrU4AAmXqc.jpg

When they say the Vita has no games

Unbelievable there's not more of a following for KF on GAF. Their GDC stream has been amazing so far.

I'm sad I'm missing it, stupid working all day thing.

Gonna catch as much as I can in the evenings though.

I also think there's probably more of a following but that a lot of people don't know this thread is here in Community.

I'm sad I'm missing it, stupid working all day thing.

Gonna catch as much as I can in the evenings though.

I also think there's probably more of a following but that a lot of people don't know this thread is here in Community.

Also, as Colin has said there seems to be a weird (very unwarranted) hatred of them on NeoGAF over the years. That's why I suggested someone make this community thread. It's a place for fans to discuss the stuff Kinda Funny does in one place. Did you see some of the insults hurled at Greg in that thread about their final Podcast Beyond? It was some nasty, deplorable stuff. He handled it like a true champ, though. Fun fact: It was that very thread in which the idea of this thread got rolling.

Also, as Colin has said there seems to be a weird (very unwarranted) hatred of them on NeoGAF over the years. That's why I suggested someone make this community thread. It's a place for fans to discuss the stuff Kinda Funny does in one place. Did you see some of the insults hurled at Greg in that thread about their final Podcast Beyond? It was some nasty, deplorable stuff. He handled it like a true champ, though. Fun fact: It was that very thread in which the idea of this thread got rolling.

I've seen a few of them, though I think a lot of the "hate" was misguided disdain for IGN that simply got directed their way because they were so prominent there. Many of the people who had problems with them clearly had never taken the time to listen to them very much aside from maybe seeing Greg on Up at Noon once in a while. The claims of them being "fanboys" in particular show that since everyone who follows them knows they both mock and call Sony out regularly for all sorts of stuff.

But yeah haters gonna hate etc, this thread is a safe place and I'm enjoying it :)

MattyG

Banned
The Helldivers lets play just made it a day 1 purchase for me. I hope the Vita version holds up, looks like it'd be great to play in bursts on the go (though single player may not be ideal).

Karu

The Helldivers lets play just made it a day 1 purchase for me. I hope the Vita version holds up, looks like it'd be great to play in bursts on the go (though single player may not be ideal).
I would adise you to visit the Review Thread. Vita impressions are rather dire!

Was a great stream yesterday, looking forward to today. The Runbow part was a bit unfortunate. Also... Greg & Colin should do all Game dev interviews from here on out. "What's your favourite color?" :D :D

a916

Greg - Nick if you want to come over here I'll whip your *** ass. I will beat the beard off your beautiful face.

LOL, that had me cracking up.

MattyG

Banned
It really doesn't matter. Whichever version you buy, you get the other two versions for free.
Oh yeaaaahhhh, cross buy. That makes me a little less hesitant to to get it, then I can at least give the Vita version a look for free then.

Maybe Helldivers can be our first Kinda Funny Community event, if enough of you get it.

Oh yeaaaahhhh, cross buy. That makes me a little less hesitant to to get it, then I can at least give the Vita version a look for free then.

Maybe Helldivers can be our first Kinda Funny Community event, if enough of you get it.

It's also cross-play AND cross-save.

Edit- Whoa, Tim's plan to get his launch PSP and game library was really shrewd (and awesomely clever). It's from the live GDC Gamescast.

Portugeezer

They've done a great job, even with the minor technical hiccups (was to be expected, they kept it real though). Keighley was nice at the end, building up the hype for TGA 2015 already lol

bigkurz

Banned
These guys are great. Followed them from IGN to KFG, and haven't really gone on ign much. Kinda funny is producing so much content.

Interesting tweet by Greg today. On Colin and Greg live, the announcement was made by Steve Gaynor that console versions of gone home were essentially dead.

This news was then reported UNCITED by dualshockers, and subsequently picked up by GameStop and reported. All ignoring kinda funny along the way. Bogus.

EDIT: The bottom of the dualshockers article does cite Kinda Funny games. But it's not anywhere in the body of the text, and it was confusing/unclear enough that gamespot thought the interview was with dualshockers themselves.

Karu

The Twitch buffering is absolutely killing me, omg. Just won't load longer than 40 seconds. Urgs. Hopefully they (Twitch) can get that on Youtube's level one day. Have no idea, what it would take.

Nbz

Anyone know the guest line up for today's stream? I know they have Cliffy B, but can't remember the rest

I love all this stuff. The GDC livestream was utterly superb. So happy.

I just wish Greg and Colin would do a Beyond style show, every Tuesday. Greg should host, no offence to Tim, he's good in his own way - but I came along with Kinda Funny, becuase I couldn't live without those guys on Beyond. Tim should be the third chair, but Greg should host.

Also, as much as I love live content, and the GDC stuff was amazing. I do think all of them feel (and come across) less pressured when it's not live, and I like the relaxed nature of a podcast that can be edited.

I dunno. Please don't take this as negativity, I am just missing Beyond more than I expected and it was an amazing structure that doesn't exist anymore.

Colin and Greg Live is super as well. I love that.

Top Bottom