• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect priced at $150 in Microsoft's official online store

Zabka said:
He's a foot to the side in the gif. And I'm not sure if you even looked at the screen in the picture, but it is showing the same problem with his upper body not being detected properly.

Not the same extent though.

*shrug*

Who knows what the problem is but yeah, obviously there's a problem.

Zabka

I don't think it's much of an issue, if only because I don't know many people who play games in shiny black dress shirts.

Zabka said:
It's gonna suck for the cast of Jersey Shore.

I can't imagine the problem it'll have with skin tight Ed Hardy shirts. All the glitter and rhinestones, and oh so many colors.

I wonder how it handles orange skin tones?

TheOddOne

InaudibleWhispa said:
Having just watched GTTV with Don Mattrick, he says "I know the price. I think you're really going to like the price. We sat through the other competitive press briefings and we were very pleased with our position. I like being at Microsoft this holiday”. I can't imagine he'd be that optimistic with a $150 price tag. He must know that nobody is going to "really like" that price.

He also said that they didn't give the price at E3 because they wanted to "get more coverage". "We can have another press release, and I can come and talk to you again". I think they're planning an announcement at Gamescom (Microsoft - "We will have a much bigger and more spectacular appearance at gamescom this year than we did last year"), and it's going to be cheaper than people are expecting. $99, I think.
Don acted like a douche on GTTV, the other guys where atleast respectfull. Lets be honoust though, ofcourse he's gonna big-up his employer.

JaggedSac

Probably a combination of shirt material and color that is causing the issue. Looks hardware related and not software due to the depth mapping being incomplete.

Top Bottom