• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of FIghters XIV: Rock Howard DLC Trailer

wrMuaqg.gif

oh man that win pose, so good

BadWolf

Btw this is how SNK handled the character DLC from announcement to release:

February: DLC revealed with a notice to expect more info in March
March: All characters revealed via weekly trailers
April: All characters releasing on the same day

Btw this is how SNK handled the character DLC from announcement to release:

February: DLC revealed with a notice to expect more info in March
March: All characters revealed via weekly trailers
April: All characters releasing on the same day

It's almost as if they waited until they had enough work done to assure they could stick to the schedule they laid out for themselves. Thank goodness all the other AAA fighting games out right now follow this same formula, so no one needs to learn a lesson here.

/s

Defuser

So much for having respect for the Garou team lol.

But fucking finally Rock finally made it. Now someone get B.Jenet in.

Lren

Excited that it's coming out sooner than I initially thought! For sure picking up Rock and the rest of the dlc characters.

TreIII

At least this time, it IS the Garou team who made this decision.

A lot of the people at SNK now, who developed XIV? They're SNK vets who were predominantly on the Fatal Fury side of the equation.

BadWolf

At least this time, it IS the Garou team who made this decision.

A lot of the people at SNK now, who developed XIV? They're SNK vets who were predominantly on the Fatal Fury side of the equation.

Yeah you basically have the guy who designed Rock 18 years ago sitting on twitter right now and being sorry for pushing the team extra hard when working on Rock for XIV.

https://abload.de/img/jojoesuvv.gif

we JoJo now

So badass.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

wut?
The original Fatal Fury and Garou devs are working on KOFXIV.

Yeah you basically have the guy who designed Rock 18 years ago sitting on twitter right now and being sorry for pushing the team extra hard when working on Rock for XIV.
Oh man, that's amazing.

sibarraz

Banned
It's almost as if they waited until they had enough work done to assure they could stick to the schedule they laid out for themselves. Thank goodness all the other AAA fighting games out right now follow this same formula, so no one needs to learn a lesson here.

/s

Capcom: Your sarcasm is triggering me, please enjoy your next $25 dlc stage

yella

Next week can't come soon enough. Hopefully this means more people will pick up the game now; it's so much fun.

vg260

/s

If they're doing it completely right, they need to offer a bundle. Hopefully they will.

Jaeger

Well it wouldn't be their first time doing this. Art of Fighting characters should be older than their Fatal Fury counterparts (Geese Howard was his younger self in AOF2), yet they didn't age at all in KOF.

KOF does not take place in the same continuity as AoF and FF. Story wise this is not the same Rock Howard as the one in Garou.

MaLDo

Rock was my main in Garou. He's awesome.

Are there news about a PC version of this game? Now is the moment I really need it.

Loona

Shingo got robbed. Probably too busy getting his third PhD to care.

If Shingo had made it, who knows how many people would have accused SNK of just recycling the Kyo model and animations...

Welcome back, Ro---

*sees him calling Vanessa old*

You know what, fuck you~

Terry really did suck at teaching Rock to deal with women. She's gonna bodybodybodybody Rock's teeth off, and what's Rock gonna do, go cry to daddy?... I think not...

Yagami_Sama

I just hope that there is no story for him, because there is no sense in putting him on the game.

Okay a lot of people wanted him on the game, but stoty wise, is lame.

Geese is alive which means that Rock is a 10 or 11 years old.

I if they will ignore story and stuff, I hope they might include "The new faces team" or Rugal. Krizalid, Igniz.

I just hope that there is no story for him, because there is no sense in putting him on the game.

I if they will ignore story and stuff, I hope they might include "The new faces team" or Rugal. Krizalid, Igniz.

None of this matters in the first place because KOF is a different continuity from Fatal Fury, and it matters even less in XIV because Verse.

Hyun Sai

Come on guys, nothing makes sense in KoF timeline, especially when the fucking Bird is here.

This will be my first time playing Rock, but he is already Jojo tiers in style.

Skilletor

Y'all stay trying to rationalize this shit when we have a SamSho character from like the 16th century or whenever in this game.

lmao

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Y'all stay trying to rationalize this shit when we have a SamSho character from like the 16th century or whenever in this game.

lmao

Like for real, SNK came up with the Verseverse(?) so they can pull up any characters they want.
For example: ROCK MOTHER FLIPPIN' HOWARD!!!!

If they're doing it completely right, they need to offer a bundle. Hopefully they will.

Good point, I kind of just assumed they would. Here's hoping.

I won't be able to resist either way.

Edit: Right, just remembered they never did a bundle for XIII.

just ordered the base game last night. will be interesting. played some SFV CFN beta. ..... i'm terrible at stick play. but the game just seemed a little off to me anyway.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
They did a pretty nice job getting his Jacket animations in there. I kinda hate how SFV has worse "Gi" animation for Hadokens and such than even 4. Rock makes the transition to 3D with more TL&C than many characters from any other game. And his effects looks pretty good too, though I think they lack a bit of distinction, they have a smoother flow that's lost on most other imitations (Like whenever our Blazblue protags try and summon victory pose wings, which always just look kinda choppy.)

The callback to the GEESEU trailer counter shenanigans is great. Not as cool and impactful as his dad, but swift and fun. A character like him keeping some kind of throw in KOFXIV is pretty nice too. Wonder if it's an attack-throw, and actual grapple, and if the follow-up can be done in the non EX version?

I think the music heard here will sound catchy in a match (it's got the proper energy), but I really kinda closed over it when watching the trailer, unlike the more nostalgic pieces for the other DLC cast.

I'm very happy with this DLC. They hit a nice mix of characters I personally love, and characters those I play with love, or at least are interested in. Rock JoJo'n it up gives him at LEAST a BIT more personality than he regularly had, and it really fits his youthful Luck & Pluck mannerisms.

Top Bottom