• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Chin's bellybutton is moe af.
Ain't it tho? Real fanservice there!

*Grabs chain* SHIT!

ExcelExcel ended up in Southtown! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! Pedro for KOF!

Tweeted a half hour ago:

@SNKPofficial
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
A New Teaser Trailer is going to be revealed soon! Stey tuned!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/710407687939293184
There was a pic with it, too!
12841437_245101815832146_7200096508710479789_o.jpg

BadWolf

Beni continues to look great, his facial expression looks good in that shot.

Tweeted a half hour ago:

@SNKPofficial
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
A New Teaser Trailer is going to be revealed soon! Stey tuned!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/710407687939293184

There was a pic with it, too!

Oh my!

This close to the Korean event... could it be you know who?

Seems they are progressing nicely with the hand details, King's in that shot look so much better than Kyo's did initially.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Something sbout that model feels off
But mainly because it is a still imge :p

She's so skinny! They seem to be proud of that aspect though. Her hair looks more defined to me, which is good, because her and Andy seem to have a similar design philosophy going on. Neither of them has the kind of Detail of Benimaru's hair, which is more where they need to be.

I love her face, though. Serious and mature.

Oh my!

This close to the Korean event... could it be you know who?

This signified the return of... MAY LEE JINJU! (T_T) R.I.P original Seiyuu.

I love the Translation of the Korean Even notice on Facebook:

The KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
'Playstation ® Arena' (3/20) in the players will see the exhibitors!
The scene that you enjoyed from the Lord.

Seems they are progressing nicely with the hand details, King's in that shot look so much better than Kyo's did initially.

I really like the leathery shine on her gloves, too. They spend a lot of time on unique gloves in this game...

BadWolf

Overall Beni still seems to be ahead of everyone else in terms of polish.

Damn, I had no idea that she passed away :(

She did a great job voicing May Lee.

I love the Translation of the Korean Even notice on Facebook:

I really like the leathery shine on her gloves, too. They spend a lot of time on unique gloves in this game...

That translation is so fitting lol.

And yeah, whoever they hired to work on the clothes/accessory details seem to be a few levels above the rest in terms of experience.

TreIII

Awwww...I forgot that Tomoko Kawakami (Soifon in Bleach, Itsuki in Sengoku BASARA, among various others) was May Lee's VA, too. She is definitely missed.

I wonder if that's another contributing factor to why SNKP hasn't been in a particular hurry to bring May Lee back. Daisuke Gori's (Raiden) death was bad enough.

Beckx

I like the blur effect on Beni's leg. Detail on King's cuffs is great. They do need to fix a little clipping on the bow tie. In general I think the hair for all the characters is pretty solid, nothing looks like food.

Neoxon

From the other thread via Neoxon, there's a new trailer already! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3QhWr2Qz5c

Reveals are

Vice
Kim
Lucky Paula Paula

Vice looks great to me.
Thanks for the shout-out, man. While I'm not big on Sylvie's design, she does look interesting to play. And it's nice to see Kim & Vice officially revealed to return (but let's be honest, everyone was already leaked).

The game from a visual standpoint is also really starting to come along.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

This is the Build as PSArena. So probably the same one at the last HK event... except... y'know, we might see more videos than just from PenPen!

It Begins...

why do some modern kof tournaments lock the winners team order selection which allow the loser to counter pick the order?

Why not just make orders blind pick as intended - just like when you win in the arcade, the game doesn't lock the orders so why should anything else (thus allowing order counter-picking)?

Never understood why locking orders makes the game fairer.

BadWolf

This is the Build as PSArena. So probably the same one at the last HK event... except... y'know, we might see more videos than just from PenPen!

It Begins...

Someone mentioned MadKof might go.

King was one of his mains in XIII (and in KOF2000 as well).

Yeah I kind of figured it was gonna be that build because they didnt announce anything about adding characters.

Hopefully they make more characters playable for the tournament in April.

Crocodile

Is Leona getting ready for take-off?

I dunno character models have improved but I still feel they need a lot of work and I doubt they'll "get" all the way there by launch.

Tizoc

Is Leona getting ready for take-off?

I dunno character models have improved but I still feel they need a lot of work and I doubt they'll "get" all the way there by launch.
Its ok they can always upgrade the visuals post release :3

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Note that this is the build from back in Feb. As you can tell in trailers, they're still refining things.

This day is not a "Graphic showcase" day. It's a day we hope to see more gameplay videos, especially from some high quality, classic KoF players.

Tizoc

Note that this is the build from back in Feb. As you can tell in trailers, they're still refining things.

This day is not a "Graphic showcase" day. It's a day we hope to see more gameplay videos, especially from some high quality, classic KoF players.
Personally and i mean this explicitly, i dont care much about the gfx that much
I just want to jurassic hurricAne fools already

Sayad

Those models look good enough for me, considering their size during gameplay. I could do without close ups, but I understand why they're doing them.

Damn, so many fighting games I wan't to play this year and not enough time, hopefully Tekken 7 get pushed to 2017. :3

Sayad

No air Venom Strike or Double Strike without meter! Normal Trap Shot better have startup invuln or I will miss XIII's King. :3

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is it because projectiles as a whole in this game are more powerful?

We honestly don't know yet. There's kinda slower jump / hop speeds, but we haven't seen much projectile work in actual matches yet.

It takes 1 meter to go into EX mode, which is the only way to use EX moves so far, I believe. So that could be an IT factor for some characters, and others might depend on pure DMs more? We'll see...

BadWolf

BadWolf

Thanks for finding and posting, Mr... Bad?

You Can see King's shirt rip here: https://youtu.be/_GE6mP4gjQk?t=1m22s

Note that it's more like... actually, SNES Art of Fighting, lol. It's more of a destruction of the vest and revealed cleavage, rather than the shirt basically disappearing.

lol, no prob.

Good point, and could be wrong but they also seem to be 'censoring' it by having her fall in such a way after KO that her upper body is off screen. Saw it happen on two occasions now.

I'm really liking how Leona has transferred to 3D. From the look to the animation, she seems spot on.

Robert's 'Climax' DM looks kinda stale but at least it's a shoutout to his KoF 97 kick super.

Leona's CDM and various supers have improved visually since their first showings so Robert's is also probably a work in progress.

BadWolf

And looking this EX move from King: https://youtu.be/sOrbIB1NEJw?t=4m38s

Looks Like a Perfect EX Tornado kick to set up for Trap Shot with that GROUND BOUNCE. WTH is a ground bounce in a KoF, lol.

Really like how the EX moves have new animation instead of just be the same animation visually with new properties like in XIII.

The ground bounce is super interesting, maybe it's XIV's replacement to anywhere juggle moves? Guess the report was true of being able to combo after a counter CD if the opponent doesn't tech and the character bounces off the ground.

Having both ground bounce and wall bounce combos is a pretty interesting universal refresh to the combo system.

Amedo310

Yeah. That's the Keep on Shining Tournament.

Robert's Climax is movie cheesy good. Also, his ex-roundhouse kicks launches opponents in the air.

So do we know for a fact that other than the addition of characters this is the same build in terms of how everything else works? I remember an interview where it was acknowledged that hops and runs were slightly slower and felt off to some people and they said it would be fixed but it looks the same to me.

It's funny that they put in King's old-school shirt rip KO thing when she's not even remotely trying to hide her rather large bust in this game.

Top Bottom