• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

JayEH

CjdpKL3UkAQBiJ2.jpg:orig

Yuri grew up.

Het_Nkik

and how do you know they won't send you the standard version instead?

The listing is clearly for the Premium Edition. And my order confirmation has a SKU. If the SKU doesn't still match up with the Premium Edition closer to launch, I'll contact them and have them correct it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

JayEH

Yuri's face looks better in game though it still is a bit weird. I know there was a lot of background noises but it sounds like they changed her voice too.

Uh, wow. That's Dan's Ultra 1 from SFIV wholesale.

I mean...I guess that's the point, since Dan's an Art of Fighting parody.

their twitter even says she does the thumbs up pose after the uppercut like dan if the opponent still has life left, lol

i'm happy, 13 yuri didn't have enough directly stealing street fighter super moves for my taste!

Tu101uk

i'm happy, 13 yuri didn't have enough directly stealing street fighter super moves for my taste!
Bear in mind it's not just super moves she rips off, heck in XIII they gave her what is in essence Akuma and Gouken's demon flip (which they thought it was so successful they left it in for XIV).

For those who who may not know, Yuri is a legit parody of Street Fighter in response to Dan who was obviously a parody of Art of Fighting. It's even acknowledged in a special CvS intro with the two characters.

I think Yuri has one of the best transitions to 3D out of the returning cast.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hein: DM end and Winpose: https://twitter.com/FOOD441/status/736496023594369024
Brief Intro: https://twitter.com/FOOD441/status/736496181484740609

Yodobashi's Exclusive PS4 Preorder theme by Hiroaki:
CjhG0QAUoAIGtyv.jpg

Sofmap Exclusive Ogura's PS4 Theme:
CjivjTkUgAAhkuQ.jpg

Wall Tapestry (B2 size: 19.7in x 27.8in (!!!):
CjiVyg6VEAEAD9P.jpg:large

Can I have this Wall scroll plox?

Uh, wow. That's Dan's Ultra 1 from SFIV wholesale.

I mean...I guess that's the point, since Dan's an Art of Fighting parody.

And Yuri still does it better! ;-) I'm glad to see her get a solid SFIV reference, I hope the trend continues well into her EX Moves and stuff too, while they're at it.

nice...so custom intros are back?

From that angle, nope, that's post round. The Pic of Billy bowing to Geese seems more like a hint at some custom intros, but there's none in builds we've seen so far.

Ha ha that's so fitting. And adorable.

I love it when Yuri gives off a mix of "Wow, she's strong!" and "I can't believe THAT is what beat me?!!" simultaneously. She's such a troll, even when she's serious.

Serious case of the sameface in this game, especially for the female characters. Just look at the women fighters team and Athena.

Well, that's pretty authentic to the Shinkiro-based inspirations of the past. And even if some faces are similar (with only anime-style hair and eye colors, eye and iris sizes, and expressions differentiating them), the personality shown in character animations in-game helps soften the feeling.

Stylish, lol. Looking forward to seeing more of he and Hein... and MAXIMA. At least he got to be Yuri's training mecha!

ZenTzen

For those who who may not know, Yuri is a legit parody of Street Fighter in response to Dan who was obviously a parody of Art of Fighting. It's even acknowledged in a special CvS intro with the two characters.

I think Yuri has one of the best transitions to 3D out of the returning cast.

all the art of fighting and fatal fury characters seem to have had great transition to 3d, only andy is the great outlier of all of those, and thats mainly because of the crappy hair they have going on for him, really dont get why they decided to change his slicked back long hair to that abomination he has in XIV, hes kinda like SF ken and his transition to 3d

Looking at the Dan Ultra to compare, I just noticed SNK took a page from Capcom and now have the kanji (I presume for Kyokugen) on Ryo and Yuri's gis near their chest.

Hein: DM end and Winpose: https://twitter.com/FOOD441/status/736496023594369024
Brief Intro: https://twitter.com/FOOD441/status/736496181484740609

Yodobashi's Exclusive PS4 Preorder theme by Hiroaki:
CjhG0QAUoAIGtyv.jpg

Sofmap Exclusive Ogura's PS4 Theme:
CjivjTkUgAAhkuQ.jpg

Wall Tapestry (B2 size: 19.7in x 27.8in (!!!):
CjiVyg6VEAEAD9P.jpg:large

Can I have this Wall scroll plox?

So nice to see those two back in action for KoF as well. I wonder who the artist of the third one. Looks familiar.

EDIT: Kula's neck is really freaking me out the more I look at that Hiroaki art.

Amedo310

Yeah. Going save my poster money for that Athena and Mai one. It will go well with the beach Terry, Andy, Mai, and B. Mary one.

Top Bottom