• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

TreIII

I know about his new wrestling name (obviously), I was just curious if the new alter ego meant a new playstyle or if Tizoc retained a good chunk of his old way of fighting.

Yeah, as others have said, he ends up being a very different character. For one, King Dino actually has quite a number of guard points on his normals.

It really does seem like they're playing up the rivalry between himself and Maxima, who is KOF's other "big guy who rocks guard points".

BadWolf

Yeah, as others have said, he ends up being a very different character. For one, King Dino actually has quite a number of guard points on his normals.

It really does seem like they're playing up the rivalry between himself and Maxima, who is KOF's other "big guy who rocks guard points".

Kinda wish they made Tizoc and KOD different people so we could have both in one game.

TreIII

Kinda wish they made Tizoc and KOD different people so we could have both in one game.

That would have been a fun twist.

But then again, nothing's stopping them from having two of him on the roster, if they really wanted to. Takuma/Mr. Karate got that honor, and he's not even "main poster boy" material like Kyo and Iori!

BadWolf

Gameplay in good quality (Chin, Shun'ei, Hein, Kukri)

Chin:
- He has an EX version of the drinking move now, stocks two drinks in one go
- He can stock up to 10 drinks now
- His D overhead combos after a normal and causes a hard knockdown. No overhead combos anymore?
- His counter still lets you juggle with stuff
- His draw game win animation is great

Ralf:
- His Ralf Kick feint can be cancelled into his air dive special
- His air dive special can be empty canceled (i.e. without needing to hit the opponent at all) into a DM

Shun'ei is very flashy and very cool.

Yeah the sand effect is great, doing the sand 'teleport' one after the other also leaves multiple images behind.

The guy has a very interesting move set.

Cjq4mnjVEAAYgyO.jpg:orig

Found this on Tumblr

tumblr_o7v9pvc35i1qbaj5no1_400.png

Funny enough, I just found my old DVD of KoF Another Day. Thought I'd rip it so I could add the episodes to my Kodi setup. It includes little commercials for MI2 and MAN, everything looks so stiff and janky, it really makes you appreciate how XIV looks.

qcf x2

Ralf Climax DM: https://youtu.be/B8EOztZep4k (Link Corrected!)

Wohoo, he strait up KILLS the opponent.
Until they're revived just to fall onto the screen moments later.
Nice compromise of his Neomax + GALACTICA PHANTOM IS THE BEST MOVE EVER, rolled into one.

MuiMui Climax DM with Gunny: https://youtu.be/3iwch9AAYeA

Yooo, I was about to say Ralf's looks kinda cheap and underwhelming but that final scene totally changed my mind, lol.

MuiMui looks awesome. Definitely going to be on my day 1 team. No idea who else I'll roll with to start though. So many appealing choices, and I haven't even seen the Not Laura chick who I'm sure will be awesome.

that's canon tho

This can't be right lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Boss Doggie: Well, they were introduced together in this game! So SOMEONE at SNK knows, lol. They should totally play the "Mysterious Relationship" up in the story mode or something here. (And of course in another Intro between the 2.)

qcf x2: Yeah, I hope they get another layer of refinement to some of these before release. This happened a lot in XIII, so I expect it to happen here. Seeing Ralf gather flames as his punches increase in impact would be good, and I have no idea how the enemy was locked into his initial blows, lol. I wish the camera WOULDN'T show the enemy falling back down, just pause on Ralf walking out of the flames, until the next match, when used as a K.O.

The little flame burst on MuiMui's attacks just feels perfectly game-y and fun to me. Unlike our recently revealed Ibuki from another game, Mui x2 just has that kinda Rhythm that screams "play me" in my eyes. A new rekka character that has a rhythm similar to Kyo's is always welcome.

I really hope to love Zarina's move set and personality. I have no idea what to expect from her... Maybe she'll play like a better version of Seth? I never properly got into playing him strongly, but I know he had some great aerial ridiculousness in 2k2UM that might fit her "Flying through the air" motif that came up in the Orochinagi interview a while back.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Heh, the asshats were careful not to give away the designs of the characters we haven't seen yet :p

We see Zarina's Toucan! Gang Il is.. err... KICKING! And err... *shrug* And that other guy standing with Iori in the white jacket that I don't recognize! ;-)

Where's my sandman gameplay?

Stuck in the land of "You're not really suppose to be taking videos!" Japan. I wonder how long before that build finds itself into pro-players hands with low restrictions and direct feed allowed?

more disappointed than i should be that if meitenkun was a bit further left the notifications icon could be his anime sleepy snot bubble

also i want to see the sleepy boy in action

N4Us

My crosspost from DreamCancel about XIV about Combo Breaker

Played the Combo Breaker build this weekend. Didn't have as much time with it as I did at PSE but mainly played it to try things out. Most of this might be old hat now but I figured I'd list a few things I noticed:

- Terry feels like he should've felt in XIII. st.D is a GODLIKE far-range normal that has an incredible anti-air hitbox. Burn knuckle hard knockdowns now too. It felt like his Rising Tackle hitbox got nerfed a bit at first but after a while didn't seem like too big an issue. EX Buster Wolf is projectile invincible.

- I noticed Kula can't cancel from cr.C anymore? I'm sure she could in the six character build. I don't know if they took that out but I could never get it out.

- I think Athena can low profile air projectiles with both crouch C or D. At least against Athena and Roberts if you do them early enough.

- Tung seemed pretty good. Not as wild as his NGBC iteration but definitely nasty when people played him more. His spinning super is great for an anti-air as it has a quicker startup than in NGBC.

- Sylvie was fun. EX Static looks like it will be good for combo extensions, like Beni's EX grab was. Some of her normals were really good, especially j.D.

- Beni still feels really good to me, even though he's lost some XIII tools. You can't backdash cancel into air fireball anymore. His new slash is really good especially in Max mode, where you can alternate ex and a.Slash for pressure. Still has the input shortcut from XIII for kick combo.

- I noticed Sega was listed in the copyright info now. ???

Sayad

- I noticed Kula can't cancel from cr.C anymore? I'm sure she could in the six character build. I don't know if they took that out but I could never get it out.
Don't think Kula was ever able to cancel her cr.C in any KoF game, if she was able to in the PSE build, it make sense that they took it out now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This can't be right lol

it was an in-joke that turned into canon lol

Originally there was a bug that had Leona saluting Chang but somehow not saluting Clark (or was it Ralf?). Fans took a note of this and apparently SNK replied that she admires Chang's strength or something. And that's why they kept "pairing" Leona to Chang, that even back in XIV's reveal they were shown together.

I mean, I would - that guy gives DIO a run for his money.

Top Bottom