• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Yawnier

Banned
It's card based. You build a deck of attack cards, magic cards, healing, etc. You can mix and match a bit.

Also, outside of battle gameplay is mostly going through randomly generated rooms of the KH1 worlds with a cutscene between each world's set of rooms. The game is a bit more of a grind this way.

Yes. You collect cards and form decks from them. Every attack/item/magic is done by using a card and same goes for all the enemies. Cards have different values from 0-9 and the higher value card can block lower value cards used by enemies (or other way around). 0 is a special card since it can interrupt any card but also can be interrupted with any.

You combine the basic cards to use more advanced techniques. The most simple ones would be combining 3 fire cards to cast firaga for example. When combining cards the value is the sum of the three.

People usually either love it or hate it. The disney stuff in Chain of Memories is a bore since it is a total rehash of KH1 and only the original story parts are of any worth. But it's not all bad, CoM introduces a bunch of new characters to the franchise and is the first one that has any real role for
Mickey
and that is a rare occurence with this series nowdays.

Ah okay, I see. Looks like the combat system is pretty much based on the various cards.

Wow this is already coming out!? That was quick

Lol, you and I have a contradictory definition of the word quick. Quick equals one year after the announcement for you? This game was announced at TGS last year and we are only just now ALMOST getting it.

Is there any chance of Kingdom Hearts PSN avatars on PSN? I would LOVE that

froliq

Ahh can't wait to replay KH1. Got the LE pre-ordered. It's been a while since I've played it near the original launch and I also have never played the other 2 games in this collection.

Andrefpvs

I've been waiting forever for this. The localization was ridiculously long? This would have been perfect as a summer game. I hope 2.5 doesn't take as long to come over.

Anyway, I'm very hyped for this! I've got my copy paid in full, I hope it ships early :)

I've been waiting forever for this. The localization was ridiculously long? This would have been perfect as a summer game. I hope 2.5 doesn't take as long to come over.

Anyway, I'm very hyped for this! I've got my copy paid in full, I hope it ships early :)

We will probably get the 2.5 trailer at TGS and then the actual game this time next year which, if the planets align right, could put KH3 at Q4 2015.

Seda

Wait... a port of a GBA has framerate issues? Huh?

It's not a "port of a GBA" game. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories is a total remake of the GBA game.

So yes that makes the included Re:COM here an HD port of a remake.

An-Det

Been waiting for 1.5 for ages. I remember playing the first games years ago (2004-ish) and getting to some floaty castle world and stopping after a crazy difficulty spike, but I never finished it. Should be interesting to jump back into that world with all the improvements they've made.

"It was basically done by a team of 2 programmers who had to extract the games code from a retail copy of KH Final Mix because they lost the original code... and then update the models, add some features and translate the text into English."

Is that what happened, a tiny team and starting from nothing? If so, damn that's impressive.

Vashetti

Banned
We will probably get the 2.5 trailer at TGS and then the actual game this time next year which, if the planets align right, could put KH3 at Q4 2015.

c2m.gif

Isaccard

Kind of on the fence with this
I'm gonna buy it because Square
, I'm more interested in a 2.5 Remix with KH2 and Birth By Sleep on it.

Didn't see anything about it on their site. In-store, maybe?

There is no LE. The art book and dynamic theme are just preorder bonuses. I see that GameStop's website no longer lists the art book bonus so maybe they've run out already, but you could get lucky and preorder in-store and get one of the books. Though that'd mean you'd be taking one from someone else.

It would just be weird if it is not announced at TGS or D23. It obviously will release next year, probably sooner rather than later in Japan, and Nomura is talking about it so openly it is ridicilous. It's not like SE will have much else after FFXHD release very early next year.

FFXHD early February, KH2.5 late March. Has to be!

CRS

Pre-ordered the game but wont play it until I get a PS3. Might get one if it becomes any cheaper after the PS4 is out.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Got in the mood to get into this series for the first time other day and was about to play my original copy but I literally just found out today that this is coming out soon. That is such a odd coincidence. Now I am waiting patiently for this to come out.

Fred-87

Is it just me? When looking at the pics from page 1 i find the original kingdom hearts nicer looking. Its a shame because i would like to own this ps3 version. The colour pallete in the original is 'warmer' and the ps3 version is too sharp making it seem too much that it is an old title.. the bluryness of the original one is the way to go.

Looking at the trophy list, there is a good chance I can earn most of those. Except for say Sephy and Ice Titan, I've beaten everything else with ease in this game. That feeling when you can use Sora's block on a constant basis...never did the game feel so easy after that.

Arcs Arcanum is the best name for a Omnislash kind of move.

Gbraga

Is it just me? When looking at the pics from page 1 i find the original kingdom hearts nicer looking. Its a shame because i would like to own this ps3 version. The colour pallete in the original is 'warmer' and the ps3 version is too sharp making it seem too much that it is an old title.. the bluryness of the original one is the way to go.

I don't know man, I think this looks amazing:

q1aZbB8.jpg

I do love clean IQ though

Top Bottom