• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - TGS 2011 Information Thread [Neku Sakuraba And Details]

Beth Cyra

The Lamp said:
They say Spring 2012 in Japan.

So probably add 9-11 months after the Japanese release date and you've got the American release date lol.

I'd say October '12.
Given how quickly FF XIII-2 and other recent titles have came out much quicker then that we could easily get 3D sooner.

Thanks for the Sora/Neku footage! Neku looks awesome and TWISTER! <3

Honestly the game looks amazing, BBS had a bit of hardware troubles on the PSP (framerate, lag, sparse environments) but this game looks like it has little if any troubles. Everything looks as great as the PS2 titles, and is how BBS should have been ( I still love that game).

Every time people say dedicated gaming handhelds are losing out relevance to phones, I think of this game, and how wrong they are and how much I want a 3DS.

The Lamp

TruePrime said:
Given how quickly FF XIII-2 and other recent titles have came out much quicker then that we could easily get 3D sooner.

Think back to Re:Coded...and BBS....and 358/2 Days....
Disney are the ones that handle Kingdom Hearts' voice acting (not sure about the actual translating) and they like to take their sweet-ass time.

Luigi87

The Lamp said:
They say Spring 2012 in Japan.

So probably add 9-11 months after the Japanese release date and you've got the American release date lol.

I'd say October '12.

Usually the English version of the games are recorded at the same time as the Japanese versions.

BbS took quite a long time to release outside of Japan, as Square actually redid a number of cutscenes with fully animated characters, versus the static texture face characters that was used a lot more in the vanilla Japanese version.

And of course the extra boss.

The Lamp said:
Yeah, and excuse Chain of Memories for introducing a combat system that required thought and strategy over button-mashing. 8l
Thought and strategy? Hello, all you need are a couple of zero cards and you break the game.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favorite rpg ever. I really hope bbs comes to the ps3 or something because i'm a big fan of the gameplay of the series. Getting max stats for Sora was so satisfying. Do you still synthisize power boosts and such in SE-Osaka's games?

mysticwhip said:
Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favorite rpg ever. I really hope bbs comes to the ps3 or something because i'm a big fan of the gameplay of the series. Getting max stats for Sora was so satisfying. Do you still synthisize power boosts and such in SE-Osaka's games?
Ignoring coded as I have barely played much of it as it's piece of crap, no, you don't do it in BbS or Re:CoM. The synthesis mechanic is solely toward move synthesis and there is no synthesis mechanic to speak of in Re: CoM.

duckroll

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Ah, I only knew about them supervising the battle system. I didn't know they were involved in the map design. Even then, I guess that's even more evidence for the Osaka team being the best team.

Also, footage of Sora gameplay (And meeting Neku) is out. Traverse Town got a massive redesign, it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AedeIwVFoFI

Wow, looks fantastic. Also, I think that woman probably actually plays KH in her spare time. Seems like she fits into the demographic for the series! :D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Ah, I only knew about them supervising the battle system. I didn't know they were involved in the map design. Even then, I guess that's even more evidence for the Osaka team being the best team.

Also, footage of Sora gameplay (And meeting Neku) is out. Traverse Town got a massive redesign, it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AedeIwVFoFI
Oh God they got Twister in.

I've been trying to ignore Kingdom Hearts since II. I cannot resist any longer.

Famassu

duckroll said:
What benefit is there to the fans to wait for Versus to be completed?
They've got experience working on more powerful hardware? KHIII should be a massive leap forward for the KH series. While the Osaka Team has done a great job with taking the KH combat to the next level, the games are still on the level of the PS2 games otherwise and based on past comments Nomura seems to have something very ambitious planned for Kingdom Hearts III (i.e. one of the reasons he's said why he didn't continue straight to KHIII was that he thought the team would need to get experience on working with the hardware KHIII would be for because they'd need to be very familiar with it to achieve all that Nomura has envisioned for it, though these comments are now ~5+ years old so not sure how much of it still holds true).

MoonsaultSlayer said:
What is it? On my phone and hard to see. First person view of someone.
I couldn't really tell either, but the trailer descriptions have said it's Braig asking Xehanort "has your memory returned yet", or something to that degree.

EDIT: no, wait, I can see Xehanort's hand & him summoning the Keyblade he has in BBS.

The Lamp

Crewnh said:
Thought and strategy? Hello, all you need are a couple of zero cards and you break the game.

Uhh, no, because zero cards are also the weakest cards, and the major bosses always have high level cards that they combo, and usually way more than you have zero cards.

Cool new trailer, can't wait til they release it officially.

Was nice to see Quasi and Esmerelda. I wanna see Frollo and Phoebus too. and the gargoyles :3

The Lamp

OH WOW what were they showing there at the end?
I didn't finish BBS but
was that Braig at the end approaching....Xehanort with a keyblade?

duckroll

The Lamp said:
OH WOW what were they showing there at the end?
I didn't finish BBS but
was that Braig at the end approaching....Xehanort with a keyblade?

It's Xehanort waking up in the lab in first person, and then summoning his keyblade. He sees Braig there.

oh god yes.

This is validate my 3ds purchase and more.

I need to stop being lazy and finish BBS tho.

Got up to The Stitch world with Ventus and just stopped for some reason.

So excited for this game. Glad to see the combat system is still evolving.
Really happy to see that Square Enix hasn't forgotten about TWEWY. Maybe we will get an optional boss cameo as well.
Seeing the Japan release date is Spring 2012 gives me hope that the the game with be released outside of Japan in 2012 as well.

I'm liking Square reaching out to their other franchises for content.

Next -- World is New York City featuring Aya Brea and characters from Enchanted.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Is it me or is that art not as great as 1 and 2's? Because it reminds me of the cover of KH1, it's very underwhelming in comparison.
I like the art, it has a clean, contemporary look to it. I wouldn't mind at all if this was the game's cover.

I like how the art has evolved since the first game, yet remaining distinct from other Nomura designed games.

The Lamp

I love Nomura's design for enemies in the Kingdom Hearts series (if he's in charge of designing enemies?)

Those little pets are adorable. Part of me wishes he had a part in the Pokemon design process...some of the wacky new Pokemons could use a heartless-touchup.

The Lamp said:
Uhh, no, because zero cards are also the weakest cards, and the major bosses always have high level cards that they combo, and usually way more than you have zero cards.
That doesn't matter. You wait for them to use a card or sleight and then...break. Doesn't matter how many 27 level attacks they stack against, one zero is all it takes. If you've got potions, hi-potions, whatever, makes it even easier even on Critical in Re:CoM. I had tonnes of zero cards before I even finished the first world set. Who are you trying to fool, CoM is not deep at all no matter how much you want it to be.

watershed

Banned
I'm glad to see a sense of speed and flurry type action in this game. I put about 20 hrs into 358/2 on the ds but I really didn't enjoy much of it. The ds really isn't suited to a fully 3d game in the first place but even then I found the combat to be boring due to repetition and the towns largely being empty and lacking charm. The rpg elements were alright with the different cards, but they didn't make a hugely noticeable impact in combat.

I played some of the first Kingdom Hearts on the ps2 today because I was reading up about this game. The world is much better realized and charming, but the combat was even more boring than in 358/2.

I always want to get into the KH series but that's all the experience I've had with it so far. I know people really seem to like Birth by Sleep. So what do people think of this game so far? Is it looking like an advancement/improvement in the series? Do we know anything about its rpg elements/customization?

michaeltraps said:
I'm liking Square reaching out to their other franchises for content.

Next -- World is New York City featuring Aya Brea and characters from Enchanted.

Don't talk about things that would never happen like that which would make this game awesome, Giselle would equal Day 1 for me. :(

Especially if it was real Aya and not that abortion from PEII or The 3rd Bomba. But Giselle would be more than enough.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
New footage looks amazing onomnom, I need this (and a 3DS revision, trolol).

Hylian7

Regulus Tera said:
Oh God they got Twister in.

I've been trying to ignore Kingdom Hearts since II. I cannot resist any longer.
I just watched it again and noticed this this time. It's hard to hear it over the voice, but it's most definitely there. FUCK YEAH.

FStop7

Banned
This is pretty much how I became aware of this game.

"Hey, did you hear about the new Kingdom Hearts game?"

*eye roll* "Oh great, is Winnie The Pooh going to pull out a gigantic sword and duel Captain Hook and Sephiroth only to be saved by Jack Sparrow when he's about to be defeated? What the fuck is with that ser--"

"It crosses over with The World Ends With You."

"PUT IT IN MY VEINS NOW"

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So...when will the official trailer be out?
Today, right?

Probably sometime this week.

Allegedly, there was a slightly longer version of the PV that was on display at the booth shown at TGS as well. Hopefully that's the version S-E decides to upload.

Top Bottom