• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded announced for Nintendo DS

KevinCow said:
What's with Kingdom Hearts spinoffs and terrible subtitles?
Chain of Memories works.

358/2 Days would have worked if it has just been "358 Days"

No idea what's with Birth by Sleep, but it sounds kinda cool.

KevinCow

Banned
Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep are fine, I guess. I was mainly referring to 358/2 Days and now this Re:Coded. It's like they throw punctuation in there randomly with no regard for what they're supposed to be used for.

duckroll

KevinCow said:
Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep are fine, I guess. I was mainly referring to 358/2 Days and now this Re:Coded. It's like they throw punctuation in there randomly with no regard for what they're supposed to be used for.

What do you mean? The original game is called Coded. Re:Coded is a remake of Coded. Just like Chain of Memories and Re:Chain of Memories. Sure, it's weird looking, but it has an intended purpose.

KevinCow

Banned
duckroll said:
What do you mean? The original game is called Coded. Re:Coded is a remake of Coded. Just like Chain of Memories and Re:Chain of Memories. Sure, it's weird looking, but it has an intended purpose.

Ah. Well that makes sense. I thought they were just trying to call it Recoded, and threw a colon in there just because.

Oh, here's the topic. I got a look in the first page I didn't see it, so I bumped the old one.

D:

Sorry Kagari, your 'yes...' just sounded too sad to me :p.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The Spoony Hou said:
Oh, here's the topic. I got a look in the first page I didn't see it, so I bumped to old one.

D:

Sorry Kagari, your 'yes...' just sounded too sad to me :p.

It was more like 'You didn't look hard enough."

Amir0x

Banned
After the abysmal DS entry of Kingdom Hearts, and how awful I heard Coded is, I think I'll be firmly skipping this one. I don't even feel an inclination toward it after 358/83837478238 days. That one was so bad, so awful in so many ways that it was almost shocking. Imo it's the worst "big" game to come out in the last three years.

In any event, probably wouldn't be worth much anyway... I just really play them for the music and also the bizarre quality of Disney characters meshed with jerk off Square characters, and from what I understand not much new in Coded.

I feel like this series is more impenetrable for newcomers than a hardcore online FPS game right now. It's really becoming super niche from my perspective.

duckroll

MikeE21286 said:
I feel like this series is more impenetrable for newcomers than a hardcore online FPS game right now. It's really becoming super niche from my perspective.

I do think this is a problem with the series. With Birth by Sleep at least, it's a sort of a "fresh start" where the characters are brand new, and while there are many references and "answers" to previous KH mysteries and story elements, they're presented in a way where those not familiar with the series will still enjoy the story as it is.

Unfortunately, any future game continuing storylines and characters from BbS will likely get more and more confused because the connections to the rest of the series will be stronger. The entire storyline in the series is convoluted and really plain stupid. It's a good thing I just play for the gameplay and Disney worlds...

Yep, another Kingdom Hearts spinoff with weird gameplay I couldn't care less about. Thanks, Nomura!

I'll say one thing. Versus better be goddamn amazing and worth delaying KH3 for this long.

Sorry. I don't mean to piss on anyone's parade. I'm just getting impatient. :\

http://picasaweb.google.com/GoldMetalSonic/KingdomHeartsReCoded#

Picture.png

Click the logo for the 3200x2249 resolution. The pic is in perfect-quality, the logo oddly has artifacts (note: the pic came in psd form, I converted it into png).

ZeoVGM

Banned
Amir0x said:
After the abysmal DS entry of Kingdom Hearts, and how awful I heard Coded is, I think I'll be firmly skipping this one. I don't even feel an inclination toward it after 358/83837478238 days. That one was so bad, so awful in so many ways that it was almost shocking. Imo it's the worst "big" game to come out in the last three years.

In any event, probably wouldn't be worth much anyway... I just really play them for the music and also the bizarre quality of Disney characters meshed with jerk off Square characters, and from what I understand not much new in Coded.

Good lord.

EmCeeGramr said:
so how many soras are there

Well, there's that one and that one and that one, and that one who retroactively became Sora and of course the other one who's actually the guy who retroactively became Sora so I guess he counts too.

Gameboy415

This game is apparently going to bridge the gap between KH2 and KH3 (whenever that may be), similar to how COM bridged KH and KH2.

For anyone who enjoys spoiling games before playing them (I DON'T!), just look up KH: Coded on Wikipedia for the entire story.

duckroll

Gameboy415 said:
This game is apparently going to bridge the gap between KH2 and KH3 (whenever that may be), similar to how COM bridged KH and KH2.

No, it's not. It bridges KH2 and BbS actually.

Jeels

duckroll said:
All roads lead to the same path. After all....

"There are many worlds, but they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny."

I literally laughed out loud. I then felt kind of pathetic that I laughed at a Kingdom Hearts joke.

duckroll said:
No, that's not better, because it's not even true actually. Wtf.
BIRTH BY SLEEP SPOILERS DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS GAME

I'm talking about the secret ending.

Where Aqua meets Ansem the Wise in the realm of darkness (presumably, where he ended up after he tried to blow up Kingdom Hearts in the second game).

And then it shows Sora with the letter from King Mickey from the end of KH2.

So it's more like 5-10 minutes than 20, but that's not the point. I know Kingdom Hearts storylines are hilariously convoluted, but that one should be pretty obvious. The secret ending of BBS, from the Aqua/Ansem interaction onward takes place after KH2.

Coded explains the relevance between this secret ending (of Birth by Sleep) and the ending of KH2.

duckroll

I don't know why you're so intent on spoiling the secret ending of BbS when the game isn't even out in English yet. Seriously. You're a real jerk.

duckroll said:
I don't know why you're so intent on spoiling the secret ending of BbS when the game isn't even out in English yet. Seriously. You're a real jerk.

Well he did put it in spoiler tags so...

duckroll said:
I don't know why you're so intent on telling me something I said is false, and then whining about spoilers when I explain why it's actually unfalse.

Pinko Marx said:
Well he did put it in spoiler tags so...
To be fair, I didn't the first time.

seady

I love the first game, but got sick of the series after it gone on the convoluted route since CoM and 2.

Linkhero1

Pinko Marx said:
The first sentence says "I'm talking about the secret ending."
Any further reading after that and you have no one to blame but yourself.
Why spoiler tag that then? I always highlight everything.

Edit: He fixed it so there's no point in arguing any further.

duckroll

Aaron Strife said:
I don't know why you're so intent on telling me something I said is false, and then whining about spoilers when I explain why it's actually unfalse.

It's false because the secret endings are not really part of the linear game. They're an extra movie you unlock when you beat the game in hard mode, or when you complete all collections in normal mode. The regular ending is still the same. You originally posted a spoiler that gave a false impression of the game's narrative.

Linkhero1 said:
Why spoiler tag that then? I always highlight everything.

Edit: He fixed it so there's no point in arguing any further.

Regardless, you read stuff in order don't you? If you read anything about a secret ending, then continue to read, you can't really blame him for spoiling the ending, can you?

Top Bottom