• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded announced for Nintendo DS

Coded plot spoilers:

Data Sora fights a Data Roxas and thanks a Data Namine for events that did not actually happen to either of them.

duckroll

Pinko Marx said:
Regardless, you read stuff in order don't you? If you read anything about a secret ending, then continue to read, you can't really blame him for spoiling the ending, can you?

I've finished BbS twice over. I'm immune to the spoilers. I'm just confused as to why he's so intent on spoiling the entire SECRET ENDING of a game yet to be released in the region most people play the games in, just to answer a simple question. He didn't even tag it the first time.

It's like someone asking "Sixth Sense looks like a pretty normal ghost movie, why's everyone talking about it so much?" and then BAM someone answers with the ending spoiler. Seriously. Wut?

duckroll said:
It's false because the secret endings are not really part of the linear game. They're an extra movie you unlock when you beat the game in hard mode, or when you complete all collections in normal mode. The regular ending is still the same. You originally posted a spoiler that gave a false impression of the game's narrative.
"Linear game" is a pretty abstract concept when talking about the story. The plot doesn't exist within the game's boundaries. The last 20 minutes of the game is the last 20 minutes of the game, regardless of whether you have to unlock it or not.

He didn't even tag it the first time.
But was it really that big of a spoiler? For all anyone knows, the secret ending could be
Riku murdering Sora.
That was a fake spoiler by the way. That doesn't happen.

Why is everyone talking about the Sixth Sense anyway? It seems like a pretty normal ghost movie.

Aaron Strife said:
"Linear game" is a pretty abstract concept when talking about the story. The plot doesn't exist within the game's boundaries. The last 20 minutes of the game is the last 20 minutes of the game, regardless of whether you have to unlock it or not.

But was it really that big of a spoiler? For all anyone knows, the secret ending could be
Riku murdering Sora.
That was a fake spoiler by the way. That doesn't happen.

Why is everyone talking about the Sixth Sense anyway? It seems like a pretty normal ghost movie.

Bruce Willis is actually a ghost himself.

Pinko Marx said:
Bruce Willis is actually a ghost himself.
490806934_5fc42f0785.jpg

that is the face I just made

duckroll

Aaron Strife said:
But was it really that big of a spoiler?

So now you're backpedaling to "why is it a big deal" again? Seriously, show some respect to other people who read the forum. I make fun of the KH storyline all the time, because it's mostly retarded, but that doesn't mean it's okay to just go around spoiling without warning and replying to questions by posting the ending to unreleased games.

Do you even understand that concept?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh FOR FUCKING CHRISTS SAKE

I really love Kingdom HEarts. But can we get a goddamn definitive fucking sequel to Kingdom Hearts 2?

Like, this shit is too much to keep up with. I'm not really a portable person so 358, BBS, and now this. I want a console sequel :|

Edit: so much vulgarity pre-edit :lol

Stat Flow said:

I really fucking love Kingdom HEarts. But can we get a goddamn definitely fucking sequel to goddamn Kingdom Hearts 2?

Like, this shit is too much to keep up with. I'm not really a portable person so 358, BBS, and now this. Fuck. I want a console sequel :|

This is Square-Enix, dude.

duckroll

Stat Flow said:

I really fucking love Kingdom HEarts. But can we get a goddamn definitely fucking sequel to goddamn Kingdom Hearts 2?

Actually, Coded is a sequel to KH2. It's the only game so far that actually takes place entirely after the events of KH2. You're in luck! :lol

Just don't expect any new worlds!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
duckroll said:
Actually, Coded is a sequel to KH2. It's the only game so far that actually takes place entirely after the events of KH2. You're in luck! :lol

Coded as in Re:Coded?

Nice.

This isn't really another spinoff. The original, Coded, was announced alongside BBS and 358/2 Days for cell phones.

I'm actually glad this is finally seeing the light of day on DS.

hamchan

So is Coded even significant to the overall story of KH?

If it isn't then I might as well skip this one since It looks like another rehash of worlds.

duckroll

hamchan said:

If it isn't then I might as well skip this one since It looks like another rehash of worlds.

I find this a little silly. Games are games, not movies. So if your only interest is in the significance to the overall story, then you could just probably youtube all the cutscenes eventually and skip the game.

The real question should be "are there any interesting gameplay systems, and is the game any fun". I can't answer that question since a) I don't have a Japanese cellphone, b) we don't know how different Re:Coded will be in terms of gameplay and presentation compared to the original game.

duckroll said:
So now you're backpedaling to "why is it a big deal" again? Seriously, show some respect to other people who read the forum. I make fun of the KH storyline all the time, because it's mostly retarded, but that doesn't mean it's okay to just go around spoiling without warning and replying to questions by posting the ending to unreleased games.

Do you even understand that concept?
Well seeing as how I went back and spoiler tagged it and put up a giant "DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED BIRTH BY SLEEP" label over it, I'd say I do understand that concept, thank you very much. I realized my mistake and corrected it. We're past this. We've reached the point where this is no longer the issue at hand. In fact I actually got it when you edited my post to say "don't fucking spoiler" and that was like an hour ago.

By the way, when you say "again" you imply that I backpedaled to "why is it a big deal" at all in the first place. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth, it would make my NeoGAF experience that much pleasanter.

hamchan said:

If you're familiar with KH, you should know every game (and Ultimania collection and interview that we never ever see, for that matter) contributes pieces of the puzzle towards the complete mess that is KH plot.

duckroll

Aaron Strife said:
Well seeing as how I went back and spoiler tagged it and put up a giant "DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED BIRTH BY SLEEP" label over it, I'd say I do understand that concept, thank you very much. I realized my mistake and corrected it. We're past this. We've reached the point where this is no longer the issue at hand. In fact I actually got it when you edited my post to say "don't fucking spoiler" and that was like an hour ago.

By the way, when you say "again" you imply that I backpedaled to "why is it a big deal" at all in the first place. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth, it would make my NeoGAF experience that much pleasanter.

Okay, look, whatever. Maybe we started off on the wrong foot. I just want to use this as an excuse to post this, even though it has nothing to do with this conversation, or KH (debatable): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w

Ferga

aww man ds =[

I have feeling after playing birth by sleep on the psp, i won't be able to play coded on the ds.

I like my ds and all but i just want more reasons to play my psp and enjoy some good graphics on a handheld

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ferga said:
aww man ds =[

I have feeling after playing birth by sleep on the psp, i won't be able to play coded on the ds.

I like my ds and all but i just want more reasons to play my psp and enjoy some good graphics on a handheld

Good graphics on DS aren`t possible - confirmed.

hamchan

duckroll said:
I find this a little silly. Games are games, not movies. So if your only interest is in the significance to the overall story, then you could just probably youtube all the cutscenes eventually and skip the game.

The real question should be "are there any interesting gameplay systems, and is the game any fun". I can't answer that question since a) I don't have a Japanese cellphone, b) we don't know how different Re:Coded will be in terms of gameplay and presentation compared to the original game.

You're right.

I guess I'll wait until more gameplay details are revealed before deciding not to play.

Pureauthor said:
If you're familiar with KH, you should know every game (and Ultimania collection and interview that we never ever see, for that matter) contributes pieces of the puzzle towards the complete mess that is KH plot.

Yeah I know. I just get the feeling that Coded contributes the least to the overall plot.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
cw_sasuke said:
Wont happen till 13 Versus is finished - so hard to accept ?

Yes it is. I don't really care about anything Square puts out other than Kingdom Hearts.

Peff

Uh, unless there are new worlds in Re:Coded, you will have to go. Agrabah,
Wonderland, the Coliseum and Disney Castle, but those could be the only Disney worlds in the game if nothing changes

Amir0x

Banned
omg rite said:
Good lord.

I could annihilate the game for you in long post form but I figured this was merely the place to focus on Coded being unappealing after that title came out.

God I couldn't believe how bad Kingdom Hearts 358/2 was. I mean I expected it to be heavily flawed, but it was damn near unplayable. I mean playing it was actually painful.

Coded seems to just revisit old worlds again and the gameplay looks really bad in the old version. I don't know how significant this remake will be gameplay-wise, but boy they gonna have to offer free blowjobs after that disaster.

hirokazu

This is a brand new game, right? Not a port/remake like Re:CoM?

EDIT: I see it's a port of the mobile phone game that was announced with the PSP and other DS one.

I've completely lost track of all these Kingdom Hearts games and whatever central story elements have been revealed after KH2. I really just want a KH3 but seems like Square thinks otherwise.

The more of these handheld games show up, the more I'm losing interest in the franchise. :x

hamchan

hirokazu said:
This is a brand new game, right? Not a port/remake like Re:CoM?

EDIT: I see it's a port of the mobile phone game that was announced with the PSP and other DS one.

I've completely lost track of all these Kingdom Hearts games and whatever central story elements have been revealed after KH2. I really just want a KH3 but seems like Square thinks otherwise.

The more of these handheld games show up, the more I'm losing interest in the franchise. :x

You'll probably be alright if you only play BBS.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hirokazu said:

358/2 days occurs in between KH1 and KH2 and follows Roxas and Organization 13.
This game takes place just after KH2.

BbS is KH0--it is the next main installment to the series. If you want KH3, you should buy BbS.

shuyin_

Banned
To J-Gaf that played BbS and/or Coded: is it explained what's written in the letter Sora receives from Mickey in KH2's ending?

Seda said:
What I want to know is what is written in the letter that Pluto had at the end of the first Kingdom Hearts.

We never get to read it!

I'll translate both:

"Shit's goin' down, go kill some heartless."

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Seda said:
What I want to know is what is written in the letter that Pluto had at the end of the first Kingdom Hearts.

We never get to read it!
I like to think it's what gets written on the screen after they start running ("Remember, Sora. You are the one who will open the door to the light."). But maybe Pluto is a jerk and they never manage to catch him since he's gone again at the start of CoM. :lol

Top Bottom