• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

0AP is back starting tonight! Also other stuff.

C2zH5YsVEAAghnT.png

So I just realized that "ignores target's attributes" = "super-effective on everything." I guess that makes the WoFF medals a lot better than I thought.

That said... I think I'll keep my jewels on hand. A guilted Ariel/Sebastian would be nice, but I actually have a guilted Piglet already and that should handle most of Proud Mode just fine.

Azuran

Banned
I did one pull on the XIII banner because I really want to guilt my Lexaeus, Demyx. or Zexion since I only need one of them. To the surprise of no one, I got:

2x Vexen (1 pipped)
Roxas
Xemnas
Marluxia (pipped)

RIP

At least it was only 1500 jewels but this game really wants you to hate it sometimes.

Sölf

Well then, my nearly 20k jewels shrunk to nearly 11k.

- Bought 1 Avatar Board
- Pulled the WOFF deal twice

WOFF gave me a 3 dotted Laexeus, I now have a 75% guilted one. I also got Tama, Yuna and Sephiroth, the latter also being 3 dotted. Tama and Yuna are not that useful because I already have Pooh & Piglet and Jack & Sally, all of them being Magic, but oh well. Still lacking a decent Power buffer. Aside from those, I got a 3 dotted Pain & Panic and a 3 dotted Belle. I do have one 5* Belle and one 5* Pain & Panic, the latter already having 1 dot. So I only need one more of those to guilt them. I can also guilt KH King Mickey now, I only need to upgrade one.

So, those 2 pulls were actually pretty good.

Anyway, my score went up from 7,2 million to 12,8 million and I am now in the 2500-5000 bracket at position ~3300. So I think I will get an Arielle.

Skittles

Yo, my 20k jewels are starting to burn a hole in my phone.

This XIII pull looks... pretty good, no?

What do the jewel boards do?
The XIII is really good if you haven't guilted any of them. The WoFF is good if you don't have any good debuffers like J&S. The jewel boards each give you a power gem(used for upgrading keyblades past +25), 2x magic mirror, ATB 3 MAX(brand new skill), ATB2 & Lux plus, 3x chips, 3x dales, 2 cid 10s, and three Huey, dewey, and louies.

Permanently A

The XIII is really good if you haven't guilted any of them. The WoFF is good if you don't have any good debuffers like J&S. The jewel boards each give you a power gem(used for upgrading keyblades past +25), 2x magic mirror, ATB 3 MAX(brand new skill), ATB2 & Lux plus, 3x chips, 3x dales, 2 cid 10s, and three Huey, dewey, and louies.

What is J&S? Since I don't have it should I pull on woff? Or should I buy the jewel boards? Or both?

Sölf

What is J&S? Since I don't have it should I pull on woff? Or should I buy the jewel boards? Or both?

Jack & Sally, it was a reward from a high score challenge a few months ago.

It's an AoE Magic Medal that buffs your strength of all elements by 1 and debuffs the defense of all elements by 1. It's really strong and I am happy I got one. If you can pull you should at least pull once, WoFF is really good and if you get the Sora one you basically have a J&S in stronger I think.

Ilvocare

Does the raid boss give out more coins at some point? Level 15 still gives out about the same as level 1...

but level 15 is giving 5 more coins per category

so I'd assume the increase is present, but gradual

also spent most of my free time today grinding coli in order to nudge myself into the top 10k

as I thought, it's getting harder to qualify but it CAN be done

Credo

I thought I had fully committed to saving jewels until I got enough for a guaranteed premium, but I may have to spend 3k if these WoFF medals are as good as you all make them sound. I'm close to having Xigbar guilted too, so that XIII banner is also tempting me. I really need APP medals more than anything else, so I may save my jewels and not get the avatar board unless you all think these in particular are too good to pass up.

Azuran

Banned
I thought I had fully committed to saving jewels until I got enough for a guaranteed premium, but I may have to spend 3k if these WoFF medals are as good as you all make them sound. I'm close to having Xigbar guilted too, so that XIII banner is also tempting me. I really need APP medals more than anything else, so I may save my jewels and not get the avatar board unless you all think these in particular are too good to pass up.

It depends on your current setup. If you're not aiming at guilting them, they mostly work as buffers and debuffers. I have HD Sora so the buffers don't interest me that much, but I manage to land WOFF Sephy which should work great as support for my other medals.

Grieves

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've been saving my jewels but these WOFF medals look like they do what I was hoping to get from premium medals.

Also very tempted to get an avatar board for AB3max.

I just know next week we will get a deal and I'll regret spending the jewels.

Sölf

I just quote myself from Discord:

Sölf - heute um 13:41 Uhr
alright KHUx GAF, I need your help what to do for the HSC
I am at nearly 15 million, but not quite there - getting there shouldn't be that much of a problem, Pooh & Piglet just needs to poison one of the 300 copter fleets, that should gfive me enough points to reach 15 million
however, I still won't kill them, 2 of them (power and speed) will be alive at that point
what should I do? I have a few things to try out
- simply say screw it and just poison one and hope for the best
- put DEF 2 on one of my medals (most likely WoFF Sephiroth or Yuna, the former having ATB 2 + ATK Prize, but doing not much damage because he is the second medals, the latter has ATB 2)
- Replace Pooh & Piglet with Sebastian to get the +3 strength instead of the +2 Strength - that costs 6 instead of 2 gauges though and Sebastian is weak as fuck
- put Sleep+ or Paralysis+ on a medal and hope for that to procc
- buff one of my medals (probably yuna) with ATK 3 instead of ATK 2
hm, yeah, I think that's it

Credo

I'm going to pull once on the World of FF banner and if it goes badly, I'm totally blaming you guys for not dissuading me and not blaming myself for having the backbone to save my jewels!

Not great but could've gone worse I guess. The volume icon is blocking Black Coat Riku and Goofy B, but meh there. The two 3-pips I got were both Black Coat King Mickey, so I was able to guilt him right away, and I was also able to guilt Wisdom Form Sora and Lea because of it too.

Down to 14k jewels now and not sure if I want to bother with the XIII banner or not. Don't know if it'd be worth it to try guilting Xigbar now that I've got another AoE in Mickey.

deanote666

To make images smaller, put them in quote tags.

From my 6 pulls:

1 3 pipped Squall
3 unpipped Squalls
2 unpipped Sephiroths
1 unpipped Lightning.
1 3 pipped Tama

c-murph

Yo, my 20k jewels are starting to burn a hole in my phone.

This XIII pull looks... pretty good, no?

What do the jewel boards do?

Sölf;228917731 said:
Well then, my nearly 20k jewels shrunk to nearly 11k.

- Bought 1 Avatar Board
- Pulled the WOFF deal twice

WOFF gave me a 3 dotted Laexeus, I now have a 75% guilted one. I also got Tama, Yuna and Sephiroth, the latter also being 3 dotted. Tama and Yuna are not that useful because I already have Pooh & Piglet and Jack & Sally, all of them being Magic, but oh well. Still lacking a decent Power buffer. Aside from those, I got a 3 dotted Pain & Panic and a 3 dotted Belle. I do have one 5* Belle and one 5* Pain & Panic, the latter already having 1 dot. So I only need one more of those to guilt them. I can also guilt KH King Mickey now, I only need to upgrade one.

So, those 2 pulls were actually pretty good.

Anyway, my score went up from 7,2 million to 12,8 million and I am now in the 2500-5000 bracket at position ~3300. So I think I will get an Arielle.

Yeah, know those feels. Was at 21K and bought the two avatar boards (Couldn't resist the Atk III Maxes) and did 4 XIII pulls. Was hoping for a Xion to Guilt her but nothing. Down to 10K jewels now.

deanote666

The only XIII I still need to guilt is Marluxia A so the pull isn't worth much for me.

I get enough of the XIII members from other pulls to worry about re-rolling them.

I will probably get 1 or both of the avatar boards next week.

deanote666

Awe man, hope I can get a bigger crown this week. Really want at least a silver one or gold would be great.

My party got a bronze one the last time.

I'm the main breadwinner for my party so that is probably the best we will get this time too.

Anyone that has the spider on higher levels getting more coins per round? Up to level 40 with a max of 100 coins per round.

Ilvocare

The only XIII I still need to guilt is Marluxia A so the pull isn't worth much for me.

I get enough of the XIII members from other pulls to worry about re-rolling them.

I will probably get 1 or both of the avatar boards next week.

You are aware that the boards are up for a week, right? Next Tuesday is their last day, I think.

lyrick

Anyone that has the spider on higher levels getting more coins per round? Up to level 40 with a max of 100 coins per round.

You just made me want to stop wasting time with this event... I was hoping for a nice surprise at 30.

Even at 40 You're still looking at a max of:
40 coins for defeat
30 coins for Host/MVP
30 coins for sub-parts
?

Have your attacks started returning a reasonable amount of SP Gauge?

Psxphile

More than half the coins I've gathered from the event have been from raids summoned by party members, meaning I haven't had to spend an inordinate amount of time spawning my own. This will not be a fun event for those who have shit parties. Or none. :(

deanote666

You just made me want to stop wasting time with this event... I was hoping for a nice surprise at 30.

Even at 40 You're still looking at a max of:
40 coins for defeat
30 coins for Host/MVP
30 coins for sub-parts
?

Have your attacks started returning a reasonable amount of SP Gauge?

Yep on the coins awarded and nope on gauge refills. Been using 2 medals with ABII + APP+, 1 with APP+, and borrowing a key art #1 when available.

Some of the boss parts are around 17 health bars.

With level 40 on mine and around 10 assists on other party members, I've gotten 3/5 of the magic mirrors and am at over 10,000,000 lux from this event.

I've been soloing mine.

My party got a bronze one the last time.

I'm the main breadwinner for my party so that is probably the best we will get this time too.

I'm in the same situation. The last two times, I managed to get the bronze crown but I am the only one that logs in and plays daily. I'll keep trying, maybe if I spend every waking moment fighting raid bosses, I might get to silver!
I won't spend every waking moment playing lol

deanote666

So it looks like you need to fight it 50-60 times to clear the avatar boards...Just cleared them myself.

Haven't even started the 3ed board yet.

This boss has gotten me into the 500's in the solo ranking with 16,500,000 lux so far...

Still mostly soloing it with the occasional party member dealing under 100k to it for the coins...

Going to wait until another guilting event before guilting my WoFF Squall.

BTW, where did the word "guilt" come from since the game calls it the special attack bonus?

CRS

Guilt came from the Japan version. Not sure if it was a translation though or someone started using it and caught on.

Psxphile

In [chi] it was "ギルト" which translates to "guilt" apparently. In-game the attack bonus was also called Guilt Bonus. It was also collected a different way, by destroying Heartless targets that carried Guilt. It was originally referred to as "the sin of the Heartless". So basically your characters get stronger by using the Strength Bangle you get from Chirithy (assumed to be the same Chirithy you see at the end of the latest story update and not the Player's Chirithy) to absorb darkness from defeated Heartless. It becomes a brief plot point in [chi] near the end, who knows if we'll see that in Unchained though.

The term was carried over to JP Unchained but when it went global, became "Special Attack Bonus".

It becomes a brief plot point in [chi] near the end, who knows if we'll see that in Unchained though.
Back Cover spoilers below:
The bangles get brought up in Back Cover, they allow keyblade wielders to gather dark power but it's dangerous to use that power, presumably this is referring to guilt/special attack bonus and the name was changed to keep the true nature of it a secret.

Credo

Do any of you ever hold on to medals that you know you won't ever use? I need to clear out some space, and I see that I have Mushu, Mulan, Donald B, KH II Leon A, and things like that with no pips that won't ever come close to being used, and I don't know why I still have them unless there was some kind of subconscious completionist quirk that kept me from selling them already.

lyrick

Do any of you ever hold on to medals that you know you won't ever use? I need to clear out some space, and I see that I have Mushu, Mulan, Donald B, KH II Leon A, and things like that with no pips that won't ever come close to being used, and I don't know why I still have them unless there was some kind of subconscious completionist quirk that kept me from selling them already.

I'm a hoarder. I'll clear out what I can (every farmable Guilted medal) but I still have my Queen of Hearts and both versions of the Belle & Beast medals oh and my Nick & Judy & dwarves. I've not sold a premium yet.

CRS

Unless you have that medal max guilted, I would just keep it. You never know what kind of event might happen where it will be easier to guilt lower tier medals. (all for Nova btw)

Sölf

Yes, that's why I already have bought up to 275 room in my inventory. I mean, why not? Ys, it costs a bit, but eh, sooner or later I probably need it anyway.

Ilvocare

Yeah, I'm holding onto garbage tier 2 medals so that I can guilt them later, no matter how far down the line "later" is.

Psxphile

Pulled the WoFF banner yesterday.

Not great. WoFF Leon ain't gonna be much help in the HSC. :\
At least I was able to finally max guilt KH1 Riku. And pips for everyone else.

I've gotten rid of all of my Tier 1 medals since I've already max guilted them for the Nova levels, they were pretty useless now yeah. I was willing to dump medals like Dumbo and Abu before Nova was a thing because how unnecessary they were, but now I'm obligated to keep them until I can max guilt each one. I've already had to expand my medal storage several times to compensate. Even after max guilting Tier 2 medals I'm going to keep them until we get Proud mode and we can see just how many of my guilted medals I'll need to clear them. For instance, my max guilt KH1 Riku doesn't hit quite as hard as it used to these days so I barely ever use it in regular play, but replace the old Attack I and slap a Sleep or Paralyze on it and see if it can help in Proud mode.

Credo

I just wondered if I was the only one hoarding. I'm up to 195 slots now, and it seems I buy more slots once every week or two. I guess it'll be neverending.

Psxphile

I was holding out for the rumoured storage space "sale" (5 slots for 50 jewels instead of 100) for the longest time but the miracle never happen.

Ilvocare

I was holding out for the rumoured storage space "sale" (5 slots for 50 jewels instead of 100) for the longest time but the miracle never happen.

ha

I get it

but yeah I also want the miracle to happen, please. Among other things. Oh yeah also Proud Mode is real, it's coming tomorrow, and it's completely unchanged.

no cleaning implements to give you mercy now

Top Bottom