• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Razmos

Yeah Ill.Kairi2 completely renewed my desire to play this game. Not having to worry about SP is amazing.

I've pulled that medal many times now and still haven't got extra attack though.

Mine currently has Def +4000 lol, so tanky

Also pulled HD Namine multiple times (I couldn't believe it) and only got Damage in Raids and HP+800 on her

Skittles

DCapta-UIAEpPC0.png

Yeah, tempted to do one pull as well. Not expecting anything amazing, though. This is definitely good for those who missed out on the first banner provided you save enough jewels to pull 5 times (or less), that medal changes the flow of battles: you go from trying to conserve SP constantly to constantly abusing Specials every turn.
They were a bit slow to put up this update notice tonight haha. I'll do one pull as well

Sölf

DCapta-UIAEpPC0.png

Yeah, tempted to do one pull as well. Not expecting anything amazing, though. This is definitely good for those who missed out on the first banner provided you save enough jewels to pull 5 times (or less), that medal changes the flow of battles: you go from trying to conserve SP constantly to constantly abusing Specials every turn.

1500 only? I already have one, but maybe I get another one and can reroll for a better trait (and 150% multiplier).

Fauve

Is Namine good without a guilt? I just pulled her and I have 5 M&B's in storage right now. With one more I can guilt her but I'm wondering how she fares without it, in case there are better candidates later.

Welp. I got Illustrated Cloud with my pull... what a waste of 1500 jewels. lol :/

That's what I get for using jewels for something that isn't Tsum Tsum.

Is Namine good without a guilt? I just pulled her and I have 5 M&B's in storage right now. With one more I can guilt her but I'm wondering how she fares without it, in case there are better candidates later.

She's good to use for buffs/debuffs when no guilted.
When guilted, she's really good because you can just copy friend medals and make them 'guilted' with the keyblade multiplier too.

M&B are still pretty rare, but she might be using it on. Maybe. lol

Fauve

Welp. I got Illustrated Cloud with my pull... what a waste of 1500 jewels. lol :/

That's what I get for using jewels for something that isn't Tsum Tsum.

She's good to use for buffs/debuffs when no guilted.
When guilted, she's really good because you can just copy friend medals and make them 'guilted' with the keyblade multiplier too.

M&B are still pretty rare, but she might be using it on. Maybe. lol

Hmm, I'm all good with buffers - lots of variety there so if that's her function unguilted it doesn't seem worth it for me to use her as is. Her copy function looks pretty interesting and potentially really good, but the price foe guilting is pretty steep. I may wait a bit before making a decision in case something else comes up. Probably around the next guilt campaign I'll reevaluate.

And try not to spend ALL your jewels on Tsum Tsums (even though I know they're great), 0.2 Kairi may be coming soon lol!

c-murph

DCapta-UIAEpPC0.png

Hmmmmmm... I think I have two 800HP on mine. Wouldn't mind getting a Ex.Power...

I already have max guilt and quite possibly the best combination of traits on my iKairi 2 (Extra Attack and Max Gauge +2), but 10 medals for 1500 jewels is hard to pass up.

Psxphile

As expected, that first pull didn't land me anything good. The Tier 4 was iVentus, so that's my first pip for that. Got pips and was able to max guilt some Tier 2 stragglers but that's about it. In fact, none of the pulls were new medals I didn't already have at some point. I think that's a first for me.

c-murph

Did the 1,500 pull. Got iKHII Sora. Had him guilted at 97% but with 1000atk. Bumped to 136% + 2000 Def. Alright, alright, alright.

Psxphile

Japan is getting Illustrated Pride Lands Sora via premium quest. Seems like a pretty good boost medal: Upright Power / AOE / 0 SP cost / Tier 6] ATK+3 + PSM ATK+3 for 1 turn, recovers 4 SP. Imagine that with Extra Attack.

I'll probably spring for the weekly unlock (*sigh*, twice probably since that's what SENA does) when it comes out here (in like 4 months). Sebastian can only do so much, and I'm still kicking myself for sleeping on iB&B.

Japan is getting Illustrated Pride Lands Sora via premium quest. Seems like a pretty good boost medal: Upright Power / AOE / 0 SP cost / Tier 6] ATK+3 + PSM ATK+3 for 1 turn, recovers 4 SP. Imagine that with Extra Attack.

I'll probably spring for the weekly unlock (*sigh*, twice probably since that's what SENA does) when it comes out here (in like 4 months). Sebastian can only do so much, and I'm still kicking myself for sleeping on iB&B.

That's a really insane medal...
Extra attack makes it practically godly.

Good thing I'm satisfied with my current JP set up, since I max out buffs and debuffs pretty much.

edit: This medal has 3 trait slots too apparently... freakin crazy

Psxphile

Less than 2 hours left to decide whether I really want to shell out 30 bucks for this medal.

Doesn't seem like non-VIP players will be getting anything new to do this week:
DCpo85dUIAEIIk2.jpg:small

Man, at least include farmable Chip/Dales in that premium quest like in JP.

Quick question: what's better?
1) 7 VIP medals in a single paid unlock week + 4400 jewels (3000 + 1400)
-or-
2) 8 VIP medals over two paid unlock weeks + 8800 jewels (6000 + 2800)

That last Org 13 quest is something else...It's aimed at paying players, right?

I've heard whales are even having trouble with it. The 2 turn part is probably what makes it the hardest.

Quick question: what's better?
1) 7 VIP medals in a single paid unlock week + 4400 jewels (3000 + 1400)
-or-
2) 8 VIP medals over two paid unlock weeks + 8800 jewels (6000 + 2800)

I'd probably start buying VIP if we got all 7 medals per week.
I've only bought VIP once so far in my time of playing. It was just for buying a set of ib&b, which I got extra attack on.
So it was 15 dollars well spent since I still use those medals. lol

I don't see myself buying VIP again until Key Art 11 maybe.
I could only imagine the crappy feeling of people who buy VIP medals like Key Art 11, but don't get extra attack. Because they are SOL for extra attack unless a new type of Mickey medal comes out for traits. (And those will be very rare and expensive I would think)

What the hell were they thinking with proud quest 112.
Olympia // ability strikes exactly 3 times
Freaking pain in the ass... idk if I can do it with my current medals...
I'm glad there are only like 2 quests that require "must strike X amount"

Still haven't beat this quest... I really want to to get Dark Gnaw.

Realized I never posted my JP set up. This is my current JP set up.

C2cLxY3.jpg

What do yallz think? idk if I can really improve it besides getting Dark Gnaw.

Psxphile

Not sure if these images will show...

oSnwN7cc1z

oSOlNAQtq

Besides what was posted before:

- week-long raid event is against another variant of the fish sub mech. Raid board prize is that weird ghost earring. Doesn't even mention if there's a perk attached.
- another Solo and Party lux ranking contest. One of the prizes will be one or more Speed Gems.
- a sudden new Cross Union event appears. Hope you all cleared the previous one's boards already.
- more Skills to Thrill. Might be something in there you might want. Skills include AB4, AB3Max+SP2, AB3+Lux, Second Chance 1 and Triple Threat.
- 0AP campaign is back. Ends July 2nd.

Andrefpvs

Hmm, I kinda need AB3Max and Triple Threat, and another Second Chance wouldn't hurt, but then I'd have no jewels for banner pulls for a while...

Skittles

That last Org 13 quest is something else...It's aimed at paying players, right?
Kinda, you can do it by paying or if you have a guilted reverse speed that's comparable. Guilted dark riku would make this a cake walk. I beat it with this
QropVgh_d.webp

(Extra attack on kairi, ground def down on ht sora, and air/ground def down on dark riku)

creid

I can't even beat the 12th round, can't survive the first turn and can only kill the middle enemy in the first turn.

Skills to Thrill deals are almost never worth it. You only really buy those for the skills, but the premium avatar boards give you a lot more bang for your buck, plus you get gems and C&Ds.

With the Skills to Thrills being lowered to 1.5k jewels, I don't think its bad to pick up one if you need. 3k jewels for it before was too much. Only one I would probably pick up is Triple Threat if I didn't have one.

Do we know what's coming after EX Cloud? .2 Kairi or Tsum Tsums, maybe?
Dragon Maleficent is what people are thinking is coming next. -2GDD AoE for one turn is big for us.

Man, I seriously don't "get" HSCs. I have a +80% score bonus yet I still can't cross the 2.25M threshold, while people with only +63% can get a score above that. =/

It really hurts this time around because I'm only 400k from reaching that final reward threshold. Unfortunately, that gap seems to be too wide for me to get even with perfect RNG.

Maybe, just maybe, if I happen to come across that guilted EX Cloud I saw like 3 times ever I can close that gap. I am using the only other one I can find, which is not guilted.

Razmos

From what I've read people get higher scores by using strong single hit medals, you get a higher score from killing an enemy with one one strong single hit than several because you get more points for overkilling and you can't do that hitting multiple times as the damage stops registering once they are dead

From what I've read people get higher scores by using strong single hit medals, you get a higher score from killing an enemy with one one strong single hit than several because you get more points for overkilling and you can't do that hitting multiple times as the damage stops registering once they are dead

Problem is, I don't really have anything that can do something like that and not put me in peril of dying. Like, the closest thing I can think of would be Hercules & Phil, but they are weak in comparison to, say, my M&D&G and don't fit well into Starlight, which is by far my strongest Keyblade.

Can Nova factor into overkilling? I may be able to use that for the final copter fleet.

Skittles

Problem is, I don't really have anything that can do something like that and not put me in peril of dying. Like, the closest thing I can think of would be Hercules & Phil, but they are weak in comparison to, say, my M&D&G and don't fit well into Starlight, which is by far my strongest Keyblade.

Can Nova factor into overkilling? I may be able to use that for the final copter fleet.
You don't have xaldin b? I got 22.9 @ 63% using him, 3 KA9s, and an ikairi with extra attack. Nothing dangerous survives until the friend cloud ex

You don't have xaldin b? I got 22.9 @ 63% using him, 3 KA9s, and an ikairi with extra attack. Nothing dangerous survives until the friend cloud ex

I dunno what kind of Xaldin B you have, but mine can only do like 50k damage to the Black Copter Fleet at the end with that exact same set-up.

Mine has ATB 3 MAX & SP1. Did you use all 3 KA9s on the black copter? I hit for like 300k on it.

Your Xaldin B has to have Aerial Enemy Defense -60%, then. Mine has no traits.

EDIT: Oh, I see what's going on here. I mistook your iKairi for an iKairi 2.

Yeah, I have no way to increase my GA by more than 3 tiers still without having to use two medals.

Skittles

Your Xaldin B has to have Aerial Enemy Defense -60%, then. Mine has no traits.

EDIT: Oh, I see what's going on here. I mistook your iKairi for an iKairi 2.

Yeah, I have no way to increase my GA by more than 3 tiers still without having to use two medals.
With just +3 GAU, I still hit for 220,000.

Skittles

That's not enough to kill the Black Copter Fleet. =/

Not even that plus my Nova is enough. And even if I get lucky with the Defense Boosts I don't seem to be anywhere close to 2.25M, based on how my score increased.
Hm, what if you switch out a KA9 for another +3 GAU? Also, what's your Nova at?

Hm, what if you switch out a KA9 for another +3 GAU? Also, what's your Nova at?

If I do that, the multiplier won't be high enough. I can only get to +56%, and that's only if I manage to get lucky enough to find another EX Cloud (it shows up like once every 100 refreshes or something, so dumb).

EDIT: I simply have no choice but to take this L, unfortunately. Now I have a pretty useless* Illustrated Donald with no traits. Yay~...

At least the other HSC medal got an Extra Attack trait. That's really good.

*Non-trained or guilted Illustrated Donald is useless because I have a KA#3 with Extra Attack and a guilted KA#7, making it completely obsolete.

I put off doing the HSC because I didn't have any bonus medals at all. I realized minutes before that it was ending today (I thought it was tomorrow for some reason) and tried to quickly run it. I died to the boss w/ 13.8m score, but didn't get a single reward because my score went in just after the event closed. I'm not expecting that it was much, but what should I have gotten?

I also couldn't beat Zexion 12 or 13. Today sucked. :(

Edit: I found a video of someone running the event for the first time. I missed out on the following + whatever my rank would have gotten.

Donald & Daisy x3
HDL x4
Magic Mirror x3
6* Chip x1
6* Dale x1
5* Chip x3
5* Dale x3
Cid x1

Famassu

I hope they fix the board issues I've been having. Sometimes I unlock a node and it kind of doesn't fully register it having been opened at first. It gives me the thing it's supposed to but it doesn't show the node as unlocked and doesn't let my unlock the next node. Need to go back and then re-open.

And I'm not sure if I'm getting the bonus of having unlocked the boards fully. I unlock the last one, it doesn't show me having unlocked it and I don't the notification of getting the bonus. I go back and then open the board again and the last one is unlocked and don't get anything. :S

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I hope they fix the board issues I've been having. Sometimes I unlock a node and it kind of doesn't fully register it having been opened at first. It gives me the thing it's supposed to but it doesn't show the node as unlocked and doesn't let my unlock the next node. Need to go back and then re-open.

And I'm not sure if I'm getting the bonus of having unlocked the boards fully. I unlock the last one, it doesn't show me having unlocked it and I don't the notification of getting the bonus. I go back and then open the board again and the last one is unlocked and don't get anything. :S
I have that problem. I wanted to make sure I got the bonuses so right before completing a board I knew would give a Moogle as a bonus I made sure to sell all of mine and then complete the board. The bonus Moogle showed up in my inventory even though the notification didn't pop.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
they'll never actually release this game worldwide, will they?

edit: by worldwide I mean my country. :(

Top Bottom