• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boogiepop

So has anyone actually hit 250 yet to confirm if any of the Avatar Boards past 210 have any cost in them? Don't think I have it in me to keep up the level grinding for the time being if I'm not going to get any more cost out of it...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Please anyone can recruit me for a party? My ID is 12557. Thanks guys!
Are you in Unicorn? In general stating your Union and lvl helps the process xD

So has anyone actually hit 250 yet to confirm if any of the Avatar Boards past 210 have any cost in them? Don't think I have it in me to keep up the level grinding for the time being if I'm not going to get any more cost out of it...

http://m.neogaf.com/compose.php?do=postreply&t=1204564&p=202834181&page=43

Ilvocare

I've maxed out Starlight to +20, along with the other three solo-element Keyblades.

I ground up 20 Yen Sids, 9 Fantasia Mickeys, and I have Colosseum and Event coins primed to rake in planes.

Tomorrow, I grow from a boy to a man. Overnight, hopefully.

In other news, fuck this whole event, it's an awful awful trap. Make an event where people can rake in Lux for days and have it wasted on disabled rankings. Then the event ends and people can't use levels reliably to fill up their AP, needing to use Jewels if they want to refill and keep going.

Like, it's probably not as conspiratorial as I'm making it sound, but fuck.

CRS

I know it's been mentioned here before but what's the increments of the damage multiplier for Stitch and Master Form Sora?

As well as how many special attacks will it take to reach max?

So is the only way to make Munny through the Moogle Medals Special Quests and finishing 5 quests? I need money to evolve some Medals and I have very little Munny.

also

Banned
How does one grind raid bosses? I know you can make the Bee raid boss appear but how do you do it for regular raid bosses?
wvEf8U7.png

Psxphile

Monday came and went and took the half-AP for special quests along with it. Really does seem like it's a special promo for Mondays only. Shame, as I really could have used it to grind for EXP/Evolve medals. Oh well, at least I was able to take advantage near the end when my Munny Quest unlocked.

EDIT: ^ "Unlimited" X?

cw_sasuke

From the Ingame Message

Thank you for voicing your opinions about the new Zootopia Avatar Boards. We appreciate all of your feedback and enthusiasm!

Some of you have noted that the Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde Medals included in the Avatar Boards have different stats than their Japanese counterparts. While we understand that this surprised some of you, both Medals were rebalanced to better fit the current state of the North American version of the game.

However, to express our apologies for not making this difference more clear in our announcement, we will be sending all those who purchase the Zootopia Avatar Boards 300 Jewels.

Additionally, it was brought to our attention that the Chip and Dale Medals displayed in the Zootopia Avatar Board icons are 6★, while the actual Chip and Dale Medals contained were 5★. To correct this, we will also be sending 1 Chip 6★ and 1 Dale 6★ Medal to all who purchase the Avatar Board.

Deliveries of the Medals and Jewels will be made on May 18, 2016 to all purchasers of the Avatar Boards.

Thank you for playing KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ!

They knew exactly what they were doing - 300 Jewels payback isnt much when the boards were 3k. They should have refunded like half of the Jewels costs for people who bought it on Day 1 thinking they would get the medals with the original japanese attributes.

Yeah, I was actually thinking of that post, but mainly wondering if they at least threw in some cost at the 250 avatar boards or something. IE did they slow down the appearance of cost a lot, or stop it completely?
Hmm...i thought they stopped giving out Cost Nodes all together after level 210, at least thats my understanding.
Sorry for the lack of information, i'm in Unicorn and at lv.98.
Wanted to send you an invite but just realized our group is already full. But there should be another Gaffer Unicorn group here - i think we had at least two.
In other news, fuck this whole event, it's an awful awful trap. Make an event where people can rake in Lux for days and have it wasted on disabled rankings. Then the event ends and people can't use levels reliably to fill up their AP, needing to use Jewels if they want to refill and keep going.

Like, it's probably not as conspiratorial as I'm making it sound, but fuck.
Honestly i think thats exactly the plan - at the end of the day they wanna make money and they will save the real good medals and boards until the time is right - as in people having to spend Jewels for stamina or money for jewels.

Playerbase in the US will likely be way smaller anyway with the knowledge of what Japan got in the first months - so they will adjust their gameplan to get to us...lol.

Ilvocare

Honestly i think thats exactly the plan - at the end of the day they wanna make money and they will save the real good medals and boards until the time is right - as in people having to spend Jewels for stamina or money for jewels.

Playerbase in the US will likely be way smaller anyway with the knowledge of what Japan got in the first months - so they will adjust their gameplan to get to us...lol.

See, the problem with my batshit "IT WAS SE'S PLAN ALL ALONG" tangent is that they'd have to have deliberately decided on having the Zootopia event (which practically explodes Lux on you as a side effect while one is grinding for coins) while "weeding out cheaters".and making all that accumulated Lux pointless. It feels too coincidental for me, even for SE.

In other news, lol that fucking apology.

CRS

Also taking a look at the rankings, Square finally removed the cheaters. Maybe we'll finally get tier rewards back.

Faiz

At this point is it safe to upgrade Starlight or should we be hanging on to orichalcum for future upgrades to the mono-color keyblades?

Kinsei

Banned
At this point is it safe to upgrade Starlight or should we be hanging on to orichalcum for future upgrades to the mono-color keyblades?

Upgrade away. I believe we have to use adamantite to upgrade our keyblades past level 20 instead of orichalcum.

Primus

Post-20 upgrades require a new material, Adamantite, instead of Orichalcum.

That being said, we're going to hit the Underworld starting in Quest 311, which will allow us to finish upgrading Olympia to 20. So if you hold on to the Oris from 275 and 300, when we get to the Underworld you'll be able to very quickly max Olympia.

Regardless, by 325 we'll have all the Orichalcum we need to have all five current Keyblades maxed. Then it's the long wait until the mid-400s for Divine Rose.

So is there any sort of limit on applying Cid, Chip and Dale medals?

I used a +5 Chip and Dale on one of my "best" medals, so hopefully it wasn't wasted.

Kinsei

Banned
So is there any sort of limit on applying Cid, Chip and Dale medals?

I used a +5 Chip and Dale on one of my "best" medals, so hopefully it wasn't wasted.

Yeah. At 6 stars a medal can only have their cost reduced by 10 and their attack and defense boosted by 1000.

Fauve

I know it's been mentioned here before but what's the increments of the damage multiplier for Stitch and Master Form Sora?

As well as how many special attacks will it take to reach max?

Couldn't find any info online but I did a test on my own (so there may be some mistakes):

This is from a 2* Stitch with a multiplier of 1.92-2.96

Normal attack damage= 617
Stitch alone: 1210 damage (x1.96)
1 Special attack before using Stitch: 1365 (x2.21)
2 Special attacks before using Stitch: 1545 (x2.5)
3 Special attacks before using Stitch: 1640 (x2.6)
4 Special attacks before using Stitch: 1670 (x2.7)
(Couldn't test the next tier because I don't have any Stitch friends, but I would assume this would be the max multiplier at 2.96)

So, from my test I saw that you would see a decent increase in damage if you're only using 2 medals beforehand. Then the following 2 have diminishing returns in damage until you can reach the max, where the multiplier jumps ahead a bit.

Maybe more people could test this and maybe get a more accurate answer (I didn't really test it much) but I hope this helps at least somewhat.

The_Kid

I typically only use two specials before Stitch because I found it just isn't worth it afterwards. But that being said, against the right enemy and with the two specials, Stitch kicks ass.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nah just chain 5 stitches + stitch friend medal

and cry when AOE is required

This is actually my primary problem with my Speed team right now - I have a ton of single target medals. I need to focus on guilting some of the Speed AOE farmables.

cw_sasuke

Well the jpn version has way better medals than global... anything else would be surprising xD

Fauve

Holy crap thanks for the info Fauve!
No problem! I kinda wanted to find out myself anyway.
------------

I'm in need of speed medals, so I'm thinking of guilting a Sora and Stitch. My red medals are probably my best, and my blue a close second. Here's hoping I get Roxas when he comes out though, most of my blues are AoE.

Tirod

I can't believe how dumbbbbbbbbb my guilt rolls are. It has to be some sick joke. I went ahead and guilted a Donald Version A (I know, I know) since I just got TW to 5 medal slots while finishing quest 275. Donald remains my only other free medal guilt with 25% along with Tidus. The actual free medals I love (Wakka and Stitch) both can't get higher than 14% with MULTIPLE REROLLS.

Since Donald is also sitting at 25% I went ahead and put an Attack Boost 1 on him as well.

Sitting on jewels is torture, I really want to pull some Mickeys, Aurons, or Leons to make my Magic keyblade less pathetic. :(

Top Bottom