• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Comic Con Trailer, Release Date and Confirmed Theaters

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnkOpknGok

In theaters August 19

CoGXXl9UEAABNjQ.jpg:orig

Film continues to impress visually.

wmlk

The voice acting is so on point.

Also, Nyx pulling off Noctis' Warp Strike or something similar looked great.

Crossing Eden

The voice acting is so on point.

Also, Nyx pulling off Noctis' Warp Strike or something similar looked great.
Yea the main cast is way better than expected. So much better than what you'd expect from Square or Final Fantasy.

Looks like Light has her own company in Lucis. Hehe

But it's looking great. And it's the most exciting thing for me from the XV universe aside from the game itself.

It looks like
one of the Gods(Celestial looking things) we see in the XV cover is
fighting in the city.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
"Eclair."

They did it, they finally worked Lightning into XV.

Reszo

In theaters in the US on August 19th. Digital download on August 30th,Blu-ray and DVD on October 4th

Oh sweet I'll get the digital download, Im pretty sure it's not coming to Cleveland area theaters.

Edit: it's not only releasing on the Playstation store is it? for the digital release

MegaPanda

In theaters in the US on August 19th. Digital download on August 30th,Blu-ray and DVD on October 4th

Oh my god this is all I needed to hear. Canada might get left out of a theatrical release and the thought of having to wait till end of September/October to see this was killing me.

I never really cared for Luna, but I'm disappointed to see that she, at least based on this trailer, seems to be made out to be a damsel. Most likely a helpful one in the end.

Seems to contradict what has been said about her character for people that have seen it. Hopefully what they've said is true.

Crossing Eden

It's interesting that they call it a saga despite only having plans for a single game atm.

chefbags

That trailer was amazing! I wish FFXV trailers were that good...

KG needs moar Afrojack

Their final trailer for ffxv should be like this. While kind of spoilery, it would hype to no end and also to take away that damn afrojack music and get Shimomura back in there.

mortal

Gold Member
It looks phenomenal! The films does a perfect job of embodying the fantasy based on reality theme. It's hard to explain, but the world of XV looks so much more dense and vivid here, with so many nuances and fleshed out details.

The more naturally realistic looking characters really add to the overall aesthetic, and makes it all seem like a strange vivid dream. A very unique approach to fantasy. It feels like the film inherited all of the aspects that Versus XIII originally built on.

This also makes me wish Square would experiment more often with different art styles.

MegaPanda

I just realized that the Lindzei sign kind of points towards the FNC mythos being absent/heavily changed. Not sure why they havent just pulled it away from FNC by now

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Well, no luck so far with those theater locations. Not driving 300 miles to go to Houston. List is pretty pathetic right now.

wmlk

I just realized that the Lindzei sign kind of points towards the FNC mythos being absent/heavily changed. Not sure why they havent just pulled it away from FNC by now

Or it's an easter egg.

Whatever the case, Fabula Nova Crystalis' core mythology is very simple and can be used in the game and not have the names directly mentioned.

Tangential, but I kinda find it funny that a lot of CG heavy action scenes in movies that reviewers often dismissively describe as "something out of a video game", in the context of a video game would be a Cutscene or QTE sequence that gamers would complain as " 'playing' a movie".

I never really cared for Luna, but I'm disappointed to see that she, at least based on this trailer, seems to be made out to be a damsel. Most likely a helpful one in the end.

Seems to contradict what has been said about her character for people that have seen it. Hopefully what they've said is true.

Please look forward to what she actually does in-movie

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

You know, in real life the camera company Canon is named after a Buddhist bodhisattva. You can name companies after "gods/spirits" in some cultures.

Holy shit, the scene in where young Luna's pushing young Noctis in his wheelchair, the look of Tenebrae is fantastic! Can't wait to explore that mystical looking area(with lots of large trees).

Top Bottom