• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Comic Con Trailer, Release Date and Confirmed Theaters

That would clash terribly with the tone there going for, from what I've heard, he's terrifying in this.

CoG1YqyWYAA53sW.jpg:large

For all we know he was being humorous before the fighting started.

JBwB

Damn it I'm so annoyed I won't be able to watch this in theaters.
Visually it looks amazing and the celebrity VA's are all on point.

jiggle

Excellent trailer
I wanna watch now
Looks more final fantasy than the fucking game

Edit: I thought Luna is supposed to be not useless in this
Why are they only portraying her as a distressed princess?

AsakuraZ

I was at the panel earlier today, and the trailer was amazing. They also showed us the first 10 minutes of the movie, left me wanting more! Nyx mounting the monster reminded me of MH for some reason but I guess I've been playing it too much recently.

jiggle

Nah.

RsSESd5.gif

The movie and game have similar things going for it. This is based off of FFXV after all, not the other way around.
The 2 excellent summons they showed do give me that feel
But most of the other media don't though

bunkitz

Whew. That looked really good. Getting really excited for the film and XV's story as a whole.

I like that we get a brief glimpse of a city (I'm assuming Insomnia?) that looked very much like modern day Japan. It's still pretty damn weird, and I thought it was weird to see in Brotherhood, but I thought it might have been a mistake there or something. I guess that's the part where they say things will start out very familiar and realistic-looking.

Socivol

Theater list is trash. They have 5 in Texas and 0 in the Chicago -_- just another marketing fail. Hopefully they add some additional theaters before launch.

benzy

I was at the panel earlier today, and the trailer was amazing. They also showed us the first 10 minutes of the movie, left me wanting more! Nyx mounting the monster reminded me of MH for some reason but I guess I've been playing it too much recently.

Do you remember any of the Q&A they did? Anything interesting?

chozen

I read the Kingsglaive spoilers, but that is 100% a Knights of the Round design.

EDIT: Yeah, it's the sixth knight in the summoning animation. They even both wield a hammer.

https://youtu.be/XUykD1YinqI

If all 13 knights are in the game which I'm assuming they are, (also noctis' phantom weapons in duscae are named after KOTR weapons) it seems like they are summoned to protect Lucis in this instance.

It looks like they hop out of a crystal dimension and they will probably hop back in when they are done attacking.

If all 13 knights are in the game which I'm assuming they are, (also noctis' phantom weapons in duscae are named after KOTR weapons) it seems like they are summoned to protect Lucis in this instance.

It looks like they hop out of a crystal dimension and they will probably hop back in when they are done attacking.

Slight Kingsglaive spoilers concerning the knights:
According to someone who saw the movie, these are actually statues animated by the power of the Ring of the Lucii, which indicates to me they may not be traditional Astrals.

chozen

Slight Kingsglaive spoilers concerning the knights:
According to someone who saw the movie, these are actually statues animated by the power of the Ring of the Lucii, which indicates to me they may not be traditional Astrals.

How are they alive and out in the open on the NA Boxart though?

Unless that it's all just symbolism of what the game is about

How are they alive and out in the open on the NA Boxart though?

Unless that it's all just symbolism of what the game is about

My guess is that could be them in some sort of spiritual form, and that the animated statues have more to them than just being carvings. They're probably some sort of icon to Lucis with deep significance, and that's why the ring resonates with them in particular. Either that or the person was totally lying, but this came with all the other Kingsglaive spoilers that seem extremely confirmed in light of that trailer. Won't list them here as I don't want to spoil anybody.

SHITTTTTTTT I was working on making a comparison of the two but thought to myself it was a little farfetched so I gave up. I WAS RIGHT. VINDICATION.

Well here's a another look at the weapon.

aALvCU.jpg

Oh, I guess this could be the guy wielding the mace rather than the guy wielding the hammer. There are three knights in the summoning animation with that extremely distinctive helmet shape- one with a mace, one with an axe and one with a hammer. Either way I'm glad to see someone agrees with me! This looks like the Knights of the Round are in Kingsglaive (and hopefully XV) in some form or another.

wanders

My guess is that could be them in some sort of spiritual form, and that the animated statues have more to them than just being carvings. They're probably some sort of icon to Lucis with deep significance, and that's why the ring resonates with them in particular. Either that or the person was totally lying, but this came with all the other Kingsglaive spoilers that seem extremely confirmed in light of that trailer. Won't list them here as I don't want to spoil anybody.

Oh, I guess this could be the guy wielding the mace rather than the guy wielding the hammer. There are three knights in the summoning animation with that extremely distinctive helmet shape- one with a mace, one with an axe and one with a hammer. Either way I'm glad to see someone agrees with me! This looks like the Knights of the Round are in Kingsglaive (and hopefully XV) in some form or another.

The one that I screencapped is definitely the fourth knight of the round table, they both wield a similar mace: https://youtu.be/QxJzdy9jtg8?t=25s

It all ties to the original game title: Final Fantasy VERSUS XIII (13 knights of the round table) (lol)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You know I was just thinking that I assumed that Regis was gonna be incredibly powerful compared to Noctis due to his age and experience, didn't think his old age would weaken him so much that he would be willing to attempt to sign a treaty.

chozen

You know I was just thinking that I assumed that Regis was gonna be incredibly powerful compared to Noctis due to his age and experience, didn't think his old age would weaken him so much that he would be willing to attempt to sign a treaty.

But I mean it makes much more sense now from the plot perspective.

He's too old to defend Lucis and Noctis has much to learn and gain on his journey to take it back. I love it.

Bladenic

I'm interested in the performances and how the movie does in the very limited release. It'll be funny if it does better here than in Japan (unlikely though). Probably won't see it myself until FF15 Deluxe gets delivered.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
But I mean it makes much more sense now from the plot perspective.

He's too old to defend Lucis and Noctis has much to learn and gain on his journey to take it back. I love it.
Yea I can see why he didn't want Noctis to become king. Rapid aging and weakened magic is a rough deal.

cj_iwakura

I'm surprised they aren't trying for a wider release, I think it'd do well. Look at how DBZ did.

Hoping for more(any) South Florida theaters.

Turin

Banned
Yea the main cast is way better than expected. So much better than what you'd expect from Square or Final Fantasy.

Lena was so damn good in that intro. Reminded me of Cate Blanchett in the Fellowship prologue.

Sean with that cool gravitas of his sounds lightyears better than the guy they have voicing Regis in game.

Kieli

So... they keep saying select theaters, but they won't release the actual list.

Do they want my money or not?

Glad to see the trailer getting such positive reactions.

Have a bunch of friends over this weekend and showed them all the trailer. They are all extremely excited to see the movie. We're all planning a day to all go watch it in Orange.

No, it's her real name. Lightning is just a pseudonym she gave herself. Her Japanese name is by the way Raitoningu, lol. XD

I think what that poster meant was she's Claire in English, Eclair in Japan. They probably didn't want English speakers making fun of her for being named after a pastry.

Haunted

Just so I'm keeping track of all the FFXV cross-media efforts and how they fit into the chronological timeline:

There's a downloadable PS4 game (A King's Tale), then the CG movie (Kingsglaive), then the anime series (Brotherhood) and a mobile game (Justice Monsters Five) and then FFXV itself.

Did I forget anything?

Top Bottom