• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV Comic Con Trailer, Release Date and Confirmed Theaters

AzureFlame

Suddenly Luna looks beautiful to me and that voice acting is incredible, amazing trailer, can't wait for this versus epic.

Edit: i noticed the car from orginal Versus trailer at 1:37-1:38.

vehicle-pic.jpg

Rappy

Honestly couldn't tell u. My comment was based solely off the box office thread made for its release where everyone said it did bad. I wish it'd get a fullish release here stateside. U can't just squander Aaron Paul and GoT cast members, America loves these people!
I do agree that the FF name is more popular in the West nowadays and they attached some big names to it so it may do better here. That said, I'm one of those who will say that it did decently with those box office numbers for a release meant to be straight-to-Bluray, no matter how many times duckroll says it did terrible. I imagine most people saying those numbers were good are people comparing it to Western box office numbers they are more familiar with.

If you were to take the opening weekend numbers for Disney CGI movies for the same amount of screens, Kingsglaive did about ~40% of that. Considering those movies reach the widest audience possible, I'd say 40% is pretty good. Not to mention tripling its ticket sales after 10 days is good in any box office. This is all said in comparison to Western box office numbers at a glance, which is why I'm asking for perspective with someone familiar with Japan's box office. I also may be biased in my arguments because I'm tired of the whole doom and gloom/"bomba" culture here on GAF(and the rest of the internet).

wanders

I do agree that the FF name is more popular in the West nowadays and they attached some big names to it so it may do better here. That said, I'm one of those who will say that it did decently with those box office numbers for a release meant to be straight-to-Bluray, no matter how many times duckroll says it did terrible. I imagine most people saying those numbers were good are people comparing it to Western box office numbers they are more familiar with.

If you were to take the opening weekend numbers for Disney CGI movies for the same amount of screens, Kingsglaive did about ~40% of that. Considering those movies reach the widest audience possible, I'd say 40% is pretty good. Not to mention tripling its ticket sales after 10 days is good in any box office. This is all said in comparison to Western box office numbers at a glance, which is why I'm asking for perspective with someone familiar with Japan's box office. I also may be biased in my arguments because I'm tired of the whole doom and gloom/"bomba" culture here on GAF(and the rest of the internet).

None of the trailer have broke the 1 million view mark even with the big names attached to them...

wanders

Maybe if they had shown a trailer of this caliber for the original reveal, it would have had more exposure.

I think square doesn't think it's gonna be a huge hit so they aren't marketing it that big considering the limited release.

Square is off the mark here. They should really push this since it's probably the best video game movie yet

wmlk

The anime broke a mil no?

Yeah, but I think their target audience overlaps with people who watch anime. I think the anime was bound to have more viewership just based on that alone. And it was one whole episode that was available immediately and featuring characters we knew about for a decade.

I think square doesn't think it's gonna be a huge hit so they aren't marketing it that big considering the limited release.

I think square is off the mark here. They should really push this since it's probably the best video game movie yet

I don't know how exactly you market this or push this any harder. As you said, their plan for the release was probably set before Uncovered.

Jeels

FYI, for those unaware, you can purchase tickets now:

Ah1sb8y.png

I would go ahead and do so if you plan on watching. First night at the Alamo Drafthouse in Houston for example, a lot of the good seats are already gone.

The movie theater in Seattle haven't updated thier website yet with times for the movie. Is there another site to buy tickets through?

FYI, for those unaware, you can purchase tickets now:

Ah1sb8y.png

I would go ahead and do so if you plan on watching. First night at the Alamo Drafthouse in Houston for example, a lot of the good seats are already gone.

Let me see if I can purchase on amc.

Nope preorders aren't live for NYC

Go_Ly_Dow

Square is off the mark here. They should really push this since it's probably the best video game movie yet

If that's the case then word of mouth will do the trick during the digital and physical release.

wmlk

The movie looks great man. It's an intro to FFXV so everyone will be on the same page.

EDIT: This was mostly a comment on why it's doing much better than expected critically in Japan. It still sucks that the game doesn't have it.

Setsu00

The movie looks great man. It's an intro to FFXV so everyone will be on the same page.

And those who don't watch the movie (for whatever reason) will learn about the movie's events in the most climactic way possible:
By reading a freaking newspaper!

Setsu00

Well at least they found out together with Noctis ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Even a news report would have been more dramatic. Unless said newspaper is one of those Harry Potter newspapers with moving pictures, but I guess that would make it just a lot sillier than it already is.

Wow this actually got me a lot more hyped for the game (at least story wise). Was always planning to get it but haven't been particularly excited about it until now.

Ultros probably won't actually speak though will he? Wish he would but I could see it maybe clashing with the tone. Bonus points though if they squeeze it in along with an Aaron Paul reference by having Nyx call Ultros a bitch followed by an older member of the group saying "Don't tease the octopus, kid."

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Saw it when it released in theaters here in Japan and I strongly recommend seeing it in a theater if you have a chance. The battles were amazing on the big screen.

Top Bottom