• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse |OT| players gonna clay clay clay clay clay

I've got a meeting in town tomorrow around 11, gonna swing by Best Buy afterwards to see if I can snag a copy. I still can't believe we're getting a sequel to Canvas Curse and it's out tomorrow! :D

So I was watching the GB Quick Look and is it true that they took out the ability to absorb enemies in this game?

I loved that in Canvas Curse and without it I'm afraid it will be lacking in the variety the abilities offered the previous game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You really want a pessimistic OT? I remember the Tales of Symphonia DotNW OT ending with a one liner along the lines of "the game you should be playing instead: *link Tales of Vesperia OT*" . It just kind of soured the whole thing. That said the review topic linked should give a clear indication this game is getting mixed reviews.
Aren't OTs meant to give people quick introductory knowledge of a game? If you're gonna include reviews in that snapshot, it only makes sense to include various takes on the game, not just positive ones. I'm excited as hell about this game, but only praise being worth including seems weird to me.

So I was watching the GB Quick Look and is it true that they took out the ability to absorb enemies in this game?

I loved that in Canvas Curse and without it I'm afraid it will be lacking in the variety the abilities offered the previous game.
I'm worried about that, too. Hopefully the game will offer enough new stuff to counterbalance those abilities being gone.

maxcriden

Why bother having reviews in the OP if you're only going to include positive ones?

Anyhoo, can't wait for this game. I've been wanting a Canvas Curse sequel for forever!

No, I agree. Was just pressed for time. I'll add em in. As I type this I'm I'm an orthodontic chair having a mold of my teeth done so it'll be a little while before I can.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Another 2D platformer from Nintendo?
Nas_-_Life_is_Good.jpg

Tapejara

Most adorable OT of the year. Didn't know there was multiplayer; I might get some friends together and try out the co-op.

TI82

Banned
+nice OT max, good job
+that amiibo use is hilarious
-why only include the positive reviews? Seems facetious

Oh well, have fun with your game guys

Platy

Awesome OT !

ONLY NOW i understood the reference =P

Also, should be mentioned in the OP how amiibo works.... aparently once a day you can tap an amiibo and kirby gives you full star power, metaknight gives you more power and dedede gives you extra life

iammeiam

I keep telling myself I'm going to be patient and see the general opinion of Canvas Curse fans on the changes but I'm totally going to end up buying this from the eShop tomorrow because Canvas Curse Sequel. too much hype to resist.

Ultima_5

Question. I'm buying this tomorrow most likely, and the OP mentions multiplayer.

What is the multiplayer? it fun and can my gf do it

El Odio

Banned
Question. I'm buying this tomorrow most likely, and the OP mentions multiplayer.

What is the multiplayer? it fun and can my gf do it
Apparently the any extras play as Waddle Dee and can carry Kirby around and move on their own with the lines. They have there spears in their artwork so I assume they can attack freely as well.

jariw

I hope Nintendo uses this style for another game in the future, because it just seems like a waste here seeing as you're looking at the Gamepad all the time. This would've been perfect for Yoshi (although I do also like the yarn aesthetic in Woolly World a lot too).

From what I've read in the reviews, the claymation seems to be just an animation style that adds no real gameplay element. Yoshi's Woolly World goes much deeper, where the yarn, cotton and other elements are used for the actual gameplay.

If Nintendo would revisit the claymation style in some future game, I'd personally like the clay to actually be used in the gameplay.

Hatty

I hope Nintendo uses this style for another game in the future, because it just seems like a waste here seeing as you're looking at the Gamepad all the time. This would've been perfect for Yoshi (although I do also like the yarn aesthetic in Woolly World a lot too).

It'd be great for Pikmin so the game matches it old promo art

suozEJh.jpg

fhqwhgads

Picking this up day one no matter what reviewers say. I've learnt not to be very trusting of reviewers with Wii U games (See Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, ect)

Zach

My friend pre-ordered this on the eShop and wants to know when she'll be able to play it (Central Standard Time). Anyone know?

Sorry if this has been addressed.

My friend pre-ordered this on the eShop and wants to know when she'll be able to play it (Central Standard Time). Anyone know?

Sorry if this has been addressed.

Since it's first party Nintendo, I want to say 12:00 am, Eastern. So 11:00 pm for Central? But of course I can't confirm that.

If I didn't have so many games to play right now (playing Majora's Mask right now), I'd probably break out my copy of Canvas Curse and give that another play-through.

Reviews are mixed enough that I'd probably enjoy it, but I'm just waiting for more impressions before committing to a purchase of this new one. The graphics look amazing, but if it isn't mechanically as deep or fun as the first I may just hold off. I still have Captain Toad to buy too! Too many games!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I should buy triple deluxe while I wait for EU version.
Who am I kidding, I can't stop monster hunting

I'm pretty stoked for this new Kirby arrangement album. And the game that comes with it too.

Somehow, this is the first new Kirby game I'll be playing since the original Canvas Curse. Dunno how exactly that happened, lol.

me0wish

It'd be great for Pikmin so the game matches it old promo art

suozEJh.jpg

This is always how I imagined Pikmin 3 would look like, I was disappointed it's going to be a Wii game as the Wii could no way produce such graphics.

I was so excited for Pikmin 3 reveal on Wii U to see the clay like graphics, the reveal got me disappointed, but I loved how it turned out to be.

I wonder if this will be hard to find like Pikmin 3

It'll probably end up like Captain Toad; first print run will sell out and you'll have to wait several weeks before a second print run shows up at retailers.

Who knows what'll happen a year out. But odds are that you should just pick up a physical copy now if you'd like to own it.

It'll probably end up like Captain Toad; first print run will sell out and you'll have to wait several weeks before a second print run shows up at retailers.

Who knows what'll happen a year out. But odds are that you should just pick up a physical copy now if you'd like to own it.
Good point. I may pick it up, play a bit, and then shelf it. 6 hours seems shorter than Captain Toad which was 8 for me.

Agreed, glad I pre-ordered a copy.

Amir0x

Banned
True story: Canvas Curse was the only Kirby game I ever loved unreservedly, and one of the only touch-only games I ever liked. It is like a dream they are making a brand new game like it for the Wii U. The clay visuals are extremely nice too!

Top Bottom