• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse |OT| players gonna clay clay clay clay clay

Aeana

If im right, you should be able to play just fine without looking down. But that remains to be seen.

I'm reasonably certain that it'll be possible to adjust so you're not looking at the gamepad. I'm certainly going to be trying to do that.

AdanVC

Game should be out on the eShop in less than an hour, right? :D yayyy

tumblr_n7aln3tlyX1s5zwimo1_500.gif

True story: Canvas Curse was the only Kirby game I ever loved unreservedly, and one of the only touch-only games I ever liked. It is like a dream they are making a brand new game like it for the Wii U. The clay visuals are extremely nice too!

Giant bomb quick look is harsh on this game, and they mention loving CC

Visuals look amazing in that style too, big shame

I'm normally an off-TV player anyway, and Canvas Curse is by far the best Kirby I've played, so as with so many other Nintendo games, the concerns of reviewers and general audiences don't illuminate a thing for me at all. I'm going into this game more worried about depth, difficulty, freedom of movement, and speed. Epic Yarn looked and sounded beautiful, but was slow and gentle to the point that it didn't satisfy the sense of escalation that made the Mario games since Galaxy and DKC:TF so rewarding. And the thing about pre-release reviews is that you can never tell a damned thing because Nintendo embargoes post-credits content, and the credits in their games are creeping earlier and earlier.

Hey, you're a Member again! (Weren't you Junior'd for a while?) Anyways, amazing thread. Really slick OP!! Wow. Game looks very interesting. Didn't realize it was out so soon, but I will pick this up as soon as possible!

I need this game.............. and now I remember that I haven't played Triple Deluxe, crap.

I'm still getting it day one and playing it someday.

What did they say changed between Canvas Curse and Rainbow Curse to make this one so much demonstrably worse?

Dan didn't enjoy the boss fights (
and at least one of them that he didn't like gets repeated
), didn't think there was much variety throughout the game, and you don't have the typical Kirby power of absorbing enemy powers.

I glanced at the review and he thought the levels were too simple throughout and the hidden stuff or collectibles were really easy to find (I seem to remember the collectibles being a big part of Canvas Curse, needing the right power or a different character). And he felt it wasn't really worth the $40.

I'd probably still be interested if I didn't have such a big backlog (especially on my Wii U with Pikmin, Bayonetta 1+2, Metroid Trilogy, and Punchout), but right now this is a wait and see for me.

lt519

It's unlocked on the eShop now!

How I wish I didn't have a huge day at work tomorrow, I'd be up all night playing this. Thought I was going to be able to but I'll have to wait until tomorrow night or Saturday morning ): have fun!

RM8

Hmmm... I see this is priced as a full retail game here in Mexico (~$67 USD) unlike Captain Toad. I might order it from Play-Asia instead, which means I'll have to wait :(

jholmes

Great OT, awful thread title. Just awful. How could you do this to me, Max?

Seriously though I'm excited. The game's shipping to my house tomorrow but I wish it was already there :(

Calamari41

41 > 38
Enjoying the first couple of levels so far... The graphics style is absolutely amazing, I really hope they pump out some "normal" platformers with this engine/style, like they did for Wooly World.

Game looks great on the gamepad as well.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So far I just played through the first level, grabbed all the chests there. The challenge mode levels are pretty fun, I could see those getting pretty tricky later on.

Vena

Can't say I am having any trouble watching my big screen while controlling the game with the gamepad...

This plays exactly like W101 for me in terms of mind-hand coordination.

totowhoa

Banned
Can't say I am having any trouble watching my big screen while controlling the game with the gamepad...

I imagine it's going to really vary depending on the person, as far as looking at the tv goes. I mean, I could never get a good feel for Kid Icarus controls, which was a bummer (something I want to try again since getting a new XL), But as somebody who has used a Wacom for over ten years, I think this should feel second nature for me. I'm sure very few people will bother to invest the time to get a good feel for it, but I wouldn't blame em.

Persona7

Banned
I don't know when I am getting the delivery for this.

What is the OT title referencing? I see a lot of people mentioning it but i'm out of the loop.

Aeana

I got all of the treasures in the second level no problem. My hand hurts from the stylus already, though. I love the music, and it's very cute, but I have to admit that I'm kinda missing the powers already.

Thoraxes

I'll be picking this one up this weekend. As someone who has only liked Canvas Curse in all of the Kirby games (and I 100%'d it), to me this is a must buy.

It's also one of the few touch-screen games I've enjoyed.

Aeana

Cleared the first world. Neat twist on the tree boss. I think the hardest thing so far for me has been lining myself up for the diary in the end-of-level roulette. I've only gotten one so far. Gotta go back and try to get the others.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Seems like there is a ton of music to get. Really glad I haven't really spoiled the soundtrack for myself, can't wait to hear everything.

Teknoman

Cleared the first world. Neat twist on the tree boss. I think the hardest thing so far for me has been lining myself up for the diary in the end-of-level roulette. I've only gotten one so far. Gotta go back and try to get the others.

Glad to know that it seems like I hoping it would.

I got all of the treasures in the second level no problem. My hand hurts from the stylus already, though. I love the music, and it's very cute, but I have to admit that I'm kinda missing the powers already.

Yeah the powers seem like such a weird thing not to include. I guess transformations probably looked cooler.

That fucking OT title lol. I cringed but also giggled. I hope those incompetent fucks at my EB Games have a copy of this game when I go there.

me0wish

I finished the first level and missed two treasures, couldn't find them anywhere. Oh well!

Did you check the gray area in the last portion of the level? There are two different ones that you need 100 stars to access

This jogs my memory of something. I remember in Kirby Mass Attack there were shortcuts that unlocked after the first clear of a level which made going back for treasures there a bit less frustrating, anything similar here?

NEO0MJ

Hope they bring it fast here. This is one of my most hyped games of the year, hope it lives up to my expectations.

zroid

Banned
wasn't expecting it but I'm actually getting this game today sooooo yay!

edit: dat Giant Bomb review. seems harsh. I'm sure I'll love it.

TheMoon

What is the OT title referencing? I see a lot of people mentioning it but i'm out of the loop.

Taylor Swift - Shake it Off

This would be perfect. Sigh.

Perfect? No, far from it. Drawing lines with a pointer is far too inaccurate for this game with its frantic action. You'd be failing left and right, cursing your way through stages.

Pointing the Wiimote accurately towards the TV constantly for long periods of time is perfect? Have you tried playing Art of Balance with a Wiimote for more than 10 minutes without rest?

This.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, forgot this was out today. I should have about $17 or maybe $28ish in GS credit, might pick it up eventually when my budget is a bit better. Just wish I could get the Meta Knight amiibo since I have Kirby & Dedede.

Also can't wait to hear all the remixed music.

maxcriden

But what's that have to do with Kirby?

The song lyric is "players gonna play play play play play." I changed "play" to "clay." It's a play on words. See also:

Yoshi's New Island | OT | Is you is or is you ain't my Baby (Mario)
Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo
Mega Man: Battle Network | OT | Don't be fooled by the chips I've got

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MORE LIKE A CLAY ON WORDS.

Still need to figure out if I want to get this or use the funds I have to pre-order Codename Steam so I can get the Majora's Mask pin. MAYBE I'll get lucky, get this, and be able to play a good amount during Spring Break in a few weeks.

Top Bottom