• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's 25th Anniversary Best Copy Ability Poll

Giga Man

Yeah it is!

smashability.png

How could I forget Smash... HOW COULD HAL FORGET SMASH!?

We like Mike! We like Mike!

CHESTO!

I always loved that one.

jph139

Wheel, UFO, and Parasol were all in consideration but... we gotta go Parasol. Gently floating down just feels nice.

Still sad it was cut from Smash Bros. honestly.

Thores

Voted Yo-Yo and Wheel so far. ESP and Parasol are potentially also getting votes in the future. I should probably pick one and focus fire all my votes onto it but it's hard to be decisive when so many of his powers are so good.

I love Water because of the dope invisible glass animation, but Backdrop ad Suplex are hilarious to me always and Beetle is great.

I went with UFO.

Tyeforce

I'm wondering why they're including obsolete Copy Abilities in this. I mean, it's great that they're acknowledging every single Copy Ability (except Smash Bros., I guess), and I understand wanting to list them all for the sake of completion, but why are some obsolete Abilities eligible to be added to Battle Royale?

Like, Ice now includes the function of Freeze, so there's no reason to bring back Freeze. Freeze does have a red dot signifying that it's not eligible to be included in Battle Royale, though, and it's likely for this reason. But there are still other obsolete Abilities that don't have the red dot.

Fire has replaced Burning, Spark replaced Plasma, and Suplex replaced Backdrop, yet Burning, Plasma, and Backdrop are all still shown as eligible for Battle Royale. Uh, what?

I'd also kind of like to see both Suplex and Throw brought back to see how they'd address their similar appearance. Well, that or just have them combine both Abilities maybe?

Yo-Yo, no contest. How long has it been? I can't believe there's actually a chance we'll be seeing it again. What a terribly underrated copy ability.

13ruce

Banned
I love poison kirby so voted for that. Second favorite is tophat kirby third Smash and fourth ufo and fifth Meta Knights Sword. Damn Planet Robobot was amazing beats Amazing Mirror for me (the metroidvania like gba kirby game and my first kirby game).

Voted mirror, but if I were voting based on raw number of giggles I'd have gone for mic. THEY'RE ALL TOO CUTE, MY GOD. This confirms that the Kirby plushies I have are of outstanding job selection (sword, parasol and fighter).
Yeah, let's not forget Smash:
Biggest character range in video game history. Puts everything Mario has been able to do to shame.

Ultimadrago

dks-hc8vaaatsmm1plqs.jpg

https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/911062510987440128

I don't understand Japanese, but to my Google-fu it seems these are the results so far? About midway. Voting ends October 1st, so they encourage to keep voting.

1. Mirror Kirby
2. Yo-Yo Kirby
3. U.F.O. Kirby
4. Spark Plasma Kirby
5. Sleep Kirby

I'm really surprised by Sleep coming up! I'm down, just surprised. It's a nice list, though Yo-Yo's probably my favorite of these listed.

Tyeforce

dks-hc8vaaatsmm1plqs.jpg

https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/911062510987440128

I don't understand Japanese, but to my Google-fu it seems these are the results so far? About midway. Voting ends October 1st, so they encourage to keep voting.

1. Mirror Kirby
2. Yo-Yo Kirby
3. U.F.O. Kirby
4. Spark Kirby
5. Sleep Kirby

I'm really surprised by Sleep coming up! I'm down, just surprised. It's a nice list, though Yo-Yo's probably my favorite of these listed.
Why are so many people voting for Plasma?! Plasma is Spark now! There’s no reason to vote for it over Spark!

Top Bottom