• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Epic Yarn |OT| The Grass Feels Like...Pants

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Alrighty, I called my Gamestop and they have the game in stock. As soon as I get out of work, I will get my claws on this.
I have no self control, but it's worth it for Kirby. I haven't played a Kirby game since N64.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
CaptYamato said:
Thinking about getting a Wii for Christmas. If I do this game is so mine.

Do it.
I can't speak for Kirby yet, but as a late adopter to the Wii I can say without a doubt that it was worth it the moment I stared playing Mario Galaxy. So good.

Snuggler said:
Do it.
I can't speak for Kirby yet, but as a late adopter to the Wii I can say without a doubt that it was worth it the moment I stared playing Mario Galaxy. So good.
I had one before but the ex got it in the split. :lol :lol

Two questions: The game does get more difficult later on, right? I don't want to just breeze through something I spend $50 on.

Secondly, how is the Co-op? Was wanting to play through this on multiplayer with a friend, but is it full on two player, or like Super Mario Galaxy two player?

Beat the first 3 levels. Game is fucking BEAUTIFUL and adorable. Warms the cuckolds of my heart. Love the music as well. The fact that it's go right to win doesn't bother me at all.

Mr. Wonderful said:
Two questions: The game does get more difficult later on, right? I don't want to just breeze through something I spend $50 on.

Secondly, how is the Co-op? Was wanting to play through this on multiplayer with a friend, but is it full on two player, or like Super Mario Galaxy two player?

From what's Ive heard:
1) Starting at World 3, game gets harder.
2) Coop is great only problem is picking up your buddy by accident.

KevinCow

Banned
I like how if you turn into the car and run into a Waddle Dee from behind, he falls over.
zShhC.gif

Edit: Haha, you don't even need to be the car.

Platy

Played a bit at a friend's house .... the fact that you don't have HP makes the killing much more evil than a gta game =P

KevinCow

Banned
Platy said:
Played a bit at a friend's house .... the fact that you don't have HP makes the killing much more evil than a gta game =P

I try not to kill any Waddle Dees. They're just too cute. When they have weapons, I just disarm them then leave them be.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I want to touch this game. I mean literally, I want to put my hand through the screen and touch it, it looks so nice and soft.

KevinCow said:
I try not to kill any Waddle Dees. They're just too cute. When they have weapons, I just disarm them then leave them be.

Even their weaponless attack is cute.

And the sleeping ones are just OMG.

This game targets the same region of the brain that a kitten playing with a piece of string does, only it's a much more sustained and prolonged attack of mind melting cuteness. Just when you think it couldn't get any cuter ("oh my go, Kirby is in a yarn tank"), it trots out an even more adorable kitten playing with a piece of string ("oh my god, now he's in a yarn ufo") and sets it down beside the first one.

Oh man, I was joking around with my friends and family when we were playing the game about how it would be funny if we were considered the bad guy and now I see others feel the same way. :lol

Picked it up at Kmart to get the $20 coupon. I was hoping I could use the coupon for a Wii point card but none of the Kmarts in my area carry them for some strange reason. Has anyone ever had any luck getting other stores to accept competitor's coupons?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Guess what...

3Ho91.jpg

...can't wait to put it in. It'll be interesting to be playing this and Fallout at the same time, since they're polar opposites of each other.

I'M AN IDIOT.

All this past week I've been going "Kirby on Sunday! Kirby on Sunday! KIRBY ON SUNDAY!"

Today I was awoken pretty abruptly a few hours ago, and Kirby didn't enter my mind once through all the grogginess.

But now that I've read this thread....

*runs to K-mart*

They are doing the gift card deal, right?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
story seems fascinating so far...:lol

I have to resist the urge to skip the cutscene but oh well, at least this game is finally mine

wow, the animation is so fluid and you can take photos!

Aeana

jaundicejuice said:
This game targets the same region of the brain that a kitten playing with a piece of string does, only it's a much more sustained and prolonged attack of mind melting cuteness. Just when you think it couldn't get any cuter ("oh my go, Kirby is in a yarn tank"), it trots out an even more adorable kitten playing with a piece of string ("oh my god, now he's in a yarn ufo") and sets it down beside the first one.
Yes.
The game is really easy as expected, but I don't seem to care. It is easily one of the cutest and most charming games I've ever played, and I can't seem to stop. And the music is just fantastic, especially Big Bean Vine as I linked on the last page.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ooh I didn't even know about the apartment stuff, I put in the king's throne since it seems right for a true pimp like Kirby

it plays similar to Wario Land: Shake It so far but with even better art/graphics and no stupid waggle stuff

tadpole Kirby is my favorite so far, so cute

Penguin

Kirby seems like the type of game, I would have made when I was a kid.

"I want to be a car.. no no no I want to turn into a UFO... oh and I'll play in a giant cake factory!"

It gives the same sense of joy that Galaxy 1/2 does with always discovering something new behind the next door. :D

krae_man

Oh man I love that happy dance Kirby does. It's like Yosemite Sam without the guns and a billion times cuter somehow.

Any chance of someone creating an avitar of it?

I played through the first world during the Saints' blowout earlier. This is just what I need right now: a happy game. There are many doors and areas that didn't unlock by the time I cleared the first world though. How do I get them to open?

Ridley327

goldsoundz said:
I played through the first world during the Saints' blowout earlier. This is just what I need right now: a happy game. There are many doors and areas that didn't unlock by the time I cleared the first world though. How do I get them to open?
You generally unlock them by reaching a certain beads total on the boss of that world. You'll see the icon for the patch show up after you hit the gold medal target.

krae_man said:
Oh man I love that happy dance Kirby does. It's like Yosemite Sam without the guns and a billion times cuter somehow.

Any chance of someone creating an avatar of it?

Someone already has it as an avatar.

Haunted

Sn4ke_911 said:
first paragraph said:
When Kirby's Epic Yarn was announced, many people thought Nintendo was stringing us along, that the game would be poorly stitched together or otherwise patchy. A 2D platformer with a cute gimmick runs the risk of being threadbare, but it would appear that developer Good Feel has it all sewn up.

You might worry that the bad yarn puns are a bit woolly, but I refuse to change my material.
>_>

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've brutally murdered every Waddle Dee so far. I grab them then I throw them straight up into the abyss. My Kirby is an evil, blood thirsy SOB.

Gotta stop playing for now. : (

Top Bottom