• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Epic Yarn |OT| The Grass Feels Like...Pants

Gravijah

Gunloc said:
Really? I haven't seen a single one yet.

I didn't even know they were running commercials for it, I'm glad to hear they are.

Yup. The commercial reminds me of GameCube era commercials for some reason.

Blizzard

Banned
(._.) said:
Why does Nintendo release their games on Sunday?
So that with their games, unlike those of every other game company, people with jobs can actually play them before a giant work week starts.

...okay I actually don't know, but I appreciate it. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
(._.) said:
Why does Nintendo release their games on Sunday?

They've made it a habit this generation to release their big name titles on Sunday. Which I'll damn well take over Tuesday!

sfried

AniHawk said:
Game comes with a $20 gaming coupon at K-Mart and a $10 gaming coupon at Toys R Us.

If you get Kirby at K-Mart, you get the gaming coupon, plus you save $20 when you buy NSMBW, Sin & Punishment 2, or Metroid: Other M with Kirby.

I should probably get another S&P2, you know, as a collector's item.
Okay where the hell are people getting this information? I just went to my local Toys R' Us and so far nobody there has heard of this promotion.

Blizzard

Banned
sfried said:
Okay where the hell are people getting this information? I just went to my local Toys R' Us and so far nobody there has heard of this promotion.
I, too, would like to know this before I pay $50 and don't get any coupon on the receipt. :p

AniHawk

sfried said:

I just trust cheapassgamer knows what they're talking about is all.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275719

According to them it's buy the game and get the guide and the $10 off gift card/coupon. Same deal applies to New Vegas. Supposed to go into effect tomorrow.

There was a deal a while back about buying something with NMH2 and getting a $15 gift card, but nobody at my TRU heard of it either. It showed up in their computer though as "15 Gift Card Wii Game Deal" or something, so they went ahead and gave me the game and the gift card, and then I used the gift card to buy Mass Effect 2.

Then I went home and discovered it was buy TVC and get NMH2 or some other Wii game for $15 off. I went back there right away and told them what the real deal was since my games were still shrinkwrapped and explained what the deal was and they let me keep the non-official deal.

So it should show up in their computer if they don't have a weekend ad.

AniHawk

I don't think you have to worry about a Kirby game not selling well. These games don't appear in top tens, but sell several hundred thousand to a million with each installment.

upandaway

AniHawk said:
I don't think you have to worry about a Kirby game not selling well. These games don't appear in top tens, but sell several hundred thousand to a million with each installment.
Didn't Superstar Ultra sell like 2 million?

I've never understood the concept behind different regional release dates, especially in this day and age. "Internet hype? That means nothing! We're waiting a few months before launching a proper campaign, with a full-page advert in Official Nintendo Magazine! That'll shift units!"

gerg

whatevermort said:
I've never understood the concept behind different regional release dates, especially in this day and age. "Internet hype? That means nothing! We're waiting a few months before launching a proper campaign, with a full-page advert in Official Nintendo Magazine! That'll shift units!"

While a long wait for localisation might be a relic of the past, internet hype (in regards to forum-goers, and whatnot) pretty much does mean nothing.

Soms of the tunes have a very The Sims-like/jazzy feel to them. Which is a good thing, even if it does feel a bit out of place for a platformer.

gerg

Totakeke said:
Well I wouldn't argue that it does nothing, how did a game like Scribblenauts sell without it?

I'm not sure how much the early hype for Scribblenauts changed WB's faith in the title, but despite this the vast majority of the title's sales still came from people who hadn't read post #517 or whatever it happened to be.

Also, I did say that internet hype "pretty much" does nothing. There may be the occasional case where it is important (and especially in regards to niche titles), but in the vast majority of titles I would still deny its importance.

Brannon

So we get Cute Kirby AND Serious Eyebrow Kirby IN THE SAME GAME?

They had to have done that on purpose.

And that purpose... is glorious.

Gowans007 said:
Boo? Been a while since a UK delay like that.

Nintendo :(
I have a feeling NoE just hate Kirby. I mean, Kirby Super Star Ultra took about a year to hit Europe (even South Korea got it before), Kirby Squeak Squad took 7 months, Canvas Curse took 5 months. The games go on to sell really badly as well (thing is with Professor Layton NCL took NoA to the side and said "try marketing it this time, look how well it sells in Europe!" yet Kirby is another similar sales gap).

Although that could be due to everyone who actually cared going and importing the games (but even that shouldn't make the difference seen). That said I can see NoE making the decision due to having 3 2D platformers out this Holiday; New Super Mario Wii (its sales should be aided by the hardware bundle), Super Mario All-Stars and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Therefore not feeling the need to bother with a 4th. The question is when will they feel like bothering

Brannon said:
So we get Cute Kirby AND Serious Eyebrow Kirby IN THE SAME GAME?

They had to have done that on purpose.

And that purpose... is glorious.
It also means they can not have Angry Kirby on the box as players would get confused with Prince Fluff. Also, I'd be pretty angry if I was the main character and Nintendo was like, you know what would sell better, if Kirby were the main character.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So, yesterday I get an email stating that my Amazon order had shipped.

However, I had not realized that I had placed an Amazon order. Apparently I preordered this after E3 and forgotten. Oh well--Kirby Epic Yarn on Tuesday!

Fimbulvetr said:
The soundtrack is great, but the best track is a remix of a classic Kirby track.

SMG's best track is entirely new.

Comparisons with Galaxy are silly in the first place, but there's no sense in saying "it's a remix" like it's a bad thing either.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
B-Genius said:
The Giant Bomb Quick Look is amazing...

Flower Sofa FOR MY APARTMENT! Yeehheehheeesss!!
:lol

All over my body! God I wish I had a Wii. I'm already forcing my sister to buy it for her Wii so we can play it together. :D

Holy Order Sol said:
Comparisons with Galaxy are silly in the first place, but there's no sense in saying "it's a remix" like it's a bad thing either.

I know. It's not necessarily negative(these are arguably the best versions of those tracks; making something classic sound even better is no small feat).

But they are only a fraction of the total soundtrack, while SMG is made almost entirely of new, great sounding music.

Epic Yarn's soundtrack is still pretty awesome though.

evanft

Sooo.....when does the actual game start? So far all I've been doing is breezing through levels collecting beads.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Debating whether to get Sin and Punishment along with this due to the deal. I might hold off since I'll only save about $5.

Get it goddammit stop slacking off.

EDIT: Seriously fuckers Game of the Year was released in June what the fuck are you guys waiting for.

traveler

Not Wario
Thinking about picking this up today. What is the current best deal on the game? (Really wish this had come out a day sooner so I could of actually done the TRU B2G1 Free deal :/)

traveler said:
Thinking about picking this up today. What is the current best deal on the game? (Really wish this had come out a day sooner so I could of actually done the TRU B2G1 Free deal :/)

Kmart as long as there's one by you.

Regulus Tera said:
Get it goddammit stop slacking off.

EDIT: Seriously fuckers Game of the Year was released in June what the fuck are you guys waiting for.

Cheaper price obviously! 8)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wait, this is out today? Damn, didn't think it was until Tuesday.

I really wanna pick it up but I've already spend my bi-weekly gaming budget on Fallout. Argh, what do I do...I'm so tempted to just go for it today.

Ugh, Kmart suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I hope they have it when I get there. :/

Snuggler said:
Wait, this is out today? Damn, didn't think it was until Tuesday.
I really wanna pick it up but I've already spend my bi-weekly gaming budget on Fallout. Argh, what do I do...I'm so tempted to just go for it today.

Kirby > Fallout

Hope that helps!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Alright I have no choice, I'm gonna try and get this today. I really should plan these things ahead of time so I don't have to act on impulse, but I just clicked on the OP and stared at the pictures for a brief moment and realized that I must have it. I don't even care how it plays, I just wanna see it in motion.

Kirby > Fallout

Hope that helps!

I don't have a preference between the two, but I figured Fallout would give me more bang for my buck. I guess it doesn't matter now since I'm probably gonna get Kirby today.

Busaiku said:
Would Amazon match the $20 coupon deal?
There isn't a K-Mart near me for almost 50 miles...

If they were going to they would have by now. And they haven't matched pretty much any of Kmart's deals because Kmart is crazy right now. :lol

Drkirby said:
Damn Amazon, I'll have to wait a few days :/

What happened to you? You used to be cool. :(

When I got to the store to buy this game this morning there was a line of people waiting for them to open. Two of them even looked like your stereotypical "hardcore" gamers. I can't wait until I get off of work tonight.

My wife saw Prince Fluff on the box and thought he was the bad guy because he has "angry eyebrows". :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom