• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Epic Yarn |OT| The Grass Feels Like...Pants

157zrj4jpg.gif

Jackano

I listen to the soundtrack 3 days ago and it's not very good. The game contains too few traditionnal Kirby themes, certainly because it wasn't at first designed to be a Kirby game.
And too much piano on midi... not my style!

After Metroid Other M and Galaxy 2, it is a third musical disapointment for me. I hope Donkey Kong will return with great music. And after that, Zelda!

Jackano said:
it wasn't at first designed to be a Kirby game.
Speaking of which, I don't understand why Nintendo didn't shoehorn Kirby into FlingSmash as well. The main character they have for that now looks like a total derp, and it would've been a perfect fit for Kirby.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Fucking LOVED it. Awesome simplistic fun in a cartridge.

Did the 'arts and crafts' visual style LONG before Little Big Planet. Nintendo invented that shit.

Some of the best (see cutest) sound in a game ever.

"Eat aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashole, eat aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasshole"

"Balls, look at mah baaaalls"
It was no Yoshi's Island though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gravijah said:
it does not have kamella battle thus it is not anywhere near the same league!

also: kingfin battle

I hate the kamella battle track so goddamn much. It triggers some deeply repressed feeling of rage I cant quite describe.

Bouldergeist is sweet awesome though.

Gravijah

EatChildren said:
I hate the kamella battle track so goddamn much. It triggers some deeply repressed feeling of rage I cant quite describe.

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DOOO DOOOOOOOOOOO

DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DOOO DOOOOOOOO

DUH DUH DUH

DUH DUH DUH

DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHH

This game is so damn beautiful! Such a breath of fresh air and what a great way to bring Kirby back to a home console. Cant wait to play this..it'll be my first Wii game since NSMB Wii :lol

Also, seriously awesome OP! Great work!

Salsa

EatChildren said:

The only way i could hate the kamella theme is because it fucked my concentration as i couldnt stop dancing.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
cooljeanius said:
See if you can bring it back with you if you ever go home for break. That's what I did last year.
I ended up buying a second one on Craigslist for like a hundred and fifty bucks. I have gotten many hours of entertainment out of it, although only being able to play my WiiWare/VC purchases on one or the other sucks.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
cooljeanius said:
See if you can bring it back with you if you ever go home for break. That's what I did last year.
I probably will. I think my parents have pretty much stopped playing Wii Sports Resort so they shouldn't have a problem with it. We just have a problem with space in dorm. It's hard not to play some of these games, and multiplayer Goldeney would be awesome. :D

robor

Amir0x said:
I've played all of them.

Of those, I only like Canvas Curse. Canvas Curse was the first implementation of the touch screen I ever liked to boot. It's totally unlike any other Kirby game, though, which is probably the point :lol

I can relate.

Ironically, my favorite Kirby games are those that aren't traditionally Kirby (excluding Kirby's Adventure). Games like Dream Course, Tilt N Tumble and Canvas Curse are among my favorite from Kirby (I would put Air Ride on there if the game were to look more like it's N64 counterpart).

I consider this in due part to HAL Labs having a wealth of talent that is overshadowed by Mr. Sakurai.

The_Technomancer said:
I ended up buying a second one on Craigslist for like a hundred and fifty bucks. I have gotten many hours of entertainment out of it, although only being able to play my WiiWare/VC purchases on one or the other sucks.
That's pretty much how I ended up with my DSi, except for the Craigslist part.
Fantastical said:
I probably will. I think my parents have pretty much stopped playing Wii Sports Resort so they shouldn't have a problem with it. We just have a problem with space in dorm.
Don't ever get them the Netflix instant streaming disk for it, or they'll never let you use it again. At least that's what almost happened to me... Also, I think you'll be surprised at how little room you actually need for it. We barely had enough room to walk in our dorm room last semester and yet we were still able to swing our Wii Remotes around in Wii Sports Resort without knocking anything major over.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
cooljeanius said:
Don't ever get them the Netflix instant streaming disk for it, or they'll never let you use it again. At least that's what almost happened to me... Also, I think you'll be surprised at how little room you actually need for it. We barely had enough room to walk in our dorm room last semester and yet we were still able to swing our Wii Remotes around in Wii Sports Resort without knocking anything major over.
It's not exactly that. The stand the TV is on is just big enough for the TV and the 360 is on this little table beside it and there isn't room for anything else. I could probably make it work, it just wouldn't be ideal. :D Most of the games I play don't have a lot of waggle.

AniHawk

Game comes with a $20 gaming coupon at K-Mart and a $10 gaming coupon at Toys R Us.

If you get Kirby at K-Mart, you get the gaming coupon, plus you save $20 when you buy NSMBW, Sin & Punishment 2, or Metroid: Other M with Kirby.

I should probably get another S&P2, you know, as a collector's item.

smurfx

get some go again
AniHawk said:
Game comes with a $20 gaming coupon at K-Mart and a $10 gaming coupon at Toys R Us.

If you get Kirby at K-Mart, you get the gaming coupon, plus you save $20 when you buy NSMBW, Sin & Punishment 2, or Metroid: Other M with Kirby.

I should probably get another S&P2, you know, as a collector's item.
i'm buying kirby and sin and punishment 2 for my nephews for xmas. with the 20 dollar coupon i plan on buying donkey kong country returns for my nephews as well. hopefully i can get another 20 dollar coupon with the purchase of donkey kong. might get epic mickey for them if i get that coupon. that or that stupid new scooby doo game. i try to get them to play good games but sometimes they go for the turds.

Top Bottom