• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land |OT| 6+ Years in the Making

The Hermit

PokéKong said:
This thread isn't cute enough yet.

tumblr_lt69ncsmdX1qbfxim.gif

Just look at dat MetaKnight, thinking he's too cool to wave happily like the rest of those embarrassing fools... but just can't help giving a courtesy sword waggle.

The wink from King Dedede... this is amazing.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So I'm guessing the guy getting Kirby and friends to gather all the ship parts is going to be the main villain

Anyway, excited for this...looks as good as NSMBWii and DKCR, and I'm really loving this 2.5D renaissance of Nintendo series.

God damn, too many games coming out.

This looks really great. I was a huge fan of Epic Yarn and how fresh and new it felt, but a good old school Kirby on a home console is always a welcome treat.

Unfortunately with all the research I've got going on, I won't be able to play this until X-mas...argh!

Looks adorable though, I hope Nintendo markets this well!

robot

Why is King Dedede good in this game? A question my 5 y/o will no doubt have when we play co-op.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've held off on Mass Attack, because I can't decide between it and Return to Dream Land. Someone, help me decide. ;_;

King Boo

ninja kirby is coming back?! 4 player co-op?! i can play as the mighty Waddler?! when does this kirby game of the forever going to be released?!?! oh next week....

i liked a lot of kirby games, but superstar was my favorite. so i'm glad it seems to be similar to that. i am also the few people that liked kirby air ride. the city trial, and that top view mode were pretty awesome. it just needed better racing modes, and to get rid of those safety walls.

Shiggy

PumpkinPie said:
They're really churning them out these days, aren't they?

It's only the third one this year, the second one on Wii and the sixth this generation. In the same time, there were five Halo games on a single platform.

Boerseun

Banned
Like many of you I've been following this game since the Gamecube days. In its current state it really does look fantastic! It begs the question though -- where has the game been all these years? I cannot believe it was "in development" all this time, which makes me think Nintendo put it on hold, maybe even cancelled development, only to revive it after New Super Mario Bros. Wii proved such a huge success.

NEO0MJ

Chet Rippo said:
I'd be sort of surprised if he wasn't.

Kirby games teach kids never to trust strangers who tell you that you have to save the universe.

King Boo said:
ninja kirby is coming back?! 4 player co-op?! i can play as the mighty Waddler?!

Sucks that we can't play as the other characters alone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One of the main reasons I even bought a Wii.

It's about fucking time.

Nix said:
This is coming out next week!? How come I didn't know this? Wow, definately picking this up.
Yeah, the release date kinda snuck up on me too. I'm glad it's coming out in October rather than the choked-full November.
In anticipation for this game I recently started replaying Kirby's Dream Land 3. Such a great game.

Teknoman

Looking forward to the game, but looking forward to the soundtrack even more. Kirby games always have amazing soundtracks.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Hell, why is there no Iwata Asks for Mass Attack?!
I read this as "Why is there no Iwata Asks for Mass Effect" and immediately thought that it should happen. And if he's not pleased, the dev will be fired. "Iwata Asks" instead of "The Apprentice". Yeah, that's it.

-PXG-

Angry Kirby doesn't look so bad on the US boxart.

And yes, I've been keeping my eye on this. Looks great.

Haly

I'm disappointed Metaknight, Dedede and Waddle Dee don't also have angry faces.

It would be hilarious.

Halycon said:
I'm disappointed Metaknight, Dedede and Waddle Dee don't also have angry faces.

It would be hilarious.

Meta-Knight always has an angry face, kind of.

Also, I'm disappointed that the 4P character is Waddle Dee. Why not Adeline? Paint Roller? Ricky?!?

Haly

Chet Rippo said:
http://i.imgur.com/ibOi4.png[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://www.beaverbrigade.com/america_eagle.jpg

Green Scar said:
Also, I'm disappointed that the 4P character is Waddle Dee. Why not Adeline? Paint Roller? Ricky?!?
None of those are Gooey.
jJoPs.png

But anyways, Waddle Dee was a main character in Kirby 64, so it still fits.

Chet Rippo said:
None of those are Gooey.
jJoPs.png

But anyways, Waddle Dee was a main character in Kirby 64, so it still fits.

Yes! Gooey would work great too. And I know about Waddle Dee in 64, but still. It's like playing as a Toad in SMB. Oh...

GooeyHeat

Yes, I would have preferred Gooey as well. I also would have preferred Super Star co-op, but whatever. At least you can be multiple Kirbys. This still looks pretty sweet though, as all Kirby games do.

Top Bottom