• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Oct. 24 US - Trailer + Boxart

Nix

Banned
Sword Kirby will be mine! All nightmare long~!!!

Man, I love the return to traditional kirby. Epic Yarn just didn't do it for me.

Orayn

loblaw said:
Why do all the awesome games come out when the system is on the decline? I don't get it.
Almost every system has a last hurrah. By that time, developers know the ins and outs of the hardware, and the system itself is still selling well enough that there's time to give it some fireworks before moving on to the next one.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Epic Yarn looked tremendously better.

Gotta love Angry Kirby. Nice boxart. Excited for this though I'm not sure it'll grant me the sheer joy that Epic Yarn gave me last year.

reminder

I'm not interested in this game, but i have to say this name is MUCH better than the european title Kirby's Adventure Wii.

WillyFive

Looks fantastic.

Epic Yarn should never have been given the Kirby IP, since there was already a Kirby game in development.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just hope you don't have to use that giant sword to often. It looks awesome, but the Animation is far to long, I can't help but think of the Final Fantasy VIII summons.

Looks great. Can't wait to play it. Don't see why Epic Yarn and this can't coexist. I mean, sure I wish the original Epic Yarn game was released just because it gives Nintendo another IP but I'll always take more Kirby.

Akainu

I hope that's not a sample of what the soundtrack will be like it sounds horrible. Kirby used to have such good music.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks like the Kirby I love and miss. Epic Yarn was a borefest. Looking forward to this, though.

Soulstar

Akainu said:
I hope that's not a sample of what the soundtrack will be like it sounds horrible. Kirby used to have such good music.

Same here. I would even go so far to say that the series music in general is easily among the best.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
reminder said:
I'm not interested in this game, but i have to say this name is MUCH better than the european title Kirby's Adventure Wii.

Why? I actually think the European title is more apt. I associate the Dreamland games to handhelds, while Kirby's Adventure makes me think of home console episodes. Kirby's Adventure on the NES, probably more than the original Kirby's Dreamland on the GB, really kickstarted the series, with a big adventure, lots of levels, and Kirby's trademark power-absorbing ability.

I'm also tired of Nintendo trying to shove "new" or "returns" in every series they finally bring back to life. At least this time it doesn't sound as stupid as "Donkey Kong Country Returns", but I'm not fond of titles that sound like an actual sentence.

Here's Kirby's competition for October:

October
04 RAGE (360/PS3/PC), Dark Souls (360/PS3), Cursed Crusade (360/PS3/PC), Spider-Man: Edge of Time (360/PS3/Wii/NDS/3DS)
07 NBA 2K12 (360/PS3/PC)
11 Forza 4 (360), Ace Combat Assault Horizon (360/PS3), Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (360/PS3/PC)
13 Might and Magic Heroes VI (PC)
18 Batman: Arkham City (360/PS3/PC), Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
24 Pokémon Rumble Blast (3DS), Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
25 Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC), King of Fighters XIII (360/PS3), Dance Central 2 (360), Silent Hill: Downpour (360/PS3), House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut (PS3)

This is the kind of Kirby game my girlfriend has been waiting for. She wasn't too in to Epic Yarn because she said it didn't "look like a Kirby game, it looks like another game with Kirby thrown in there."

Top Bottom