• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Oct. 24 US - Trailer + Boxart

GameE

kirbys_return_to_dreamland_boxart.jpg

boxart

Jockel

timetokill said:
She wasn't too in to Epic Yarn because she said it didn't "look like a Kirby game, it looks like another game with Kirby thrown in there."
Well that's probably because it is.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
timetokill said:
Here's Kirby's competition for October:

October

This is the kind of Kirby game my girlfriend has been waiting for. She wasn't too in to Epic Yarn because she said it didn't "look like a Kirby game, it looks like another game with Kirby thrown in there."
She has good eyes, since that is exactly what it is.

Looks like it will be coming out with at a good time, not much direct or even indirect competition.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
timetokill said:

October
04 RAGE (360/PS3/PC), Dark Souls (360/PS3), Cursed Crusade (360/PS3/PC), Spider-Man: Edge of Time (360/PS3/Wii/NDS/3DS)
07 NBA 2K12 (360/PS3/PC)
11 Forza 4 (360), Ace Combat Assault Horizon (360/PS3), Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (360/PS3/PC)
13 Might and Magic Heroes VI (PC)
18 Batman: Arkham City (360/PS3/PC), Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
24 Pokémon Rumble Blast (3DS), Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
25 Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC), King of Fighters XIII (360/PS3), Dance Central 2 (360), Silent Hill: Downpour (360/PS3), House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut (PS3)

This is the kind of Kirby game my girlfriend has been waiting for. She wasn't too in to Epic Yarn because she said it didn't "look like a Kirby game, it looks like another game with Kirby thrown in there."

Battlefield 3 doesn't stand a chance against the mighty power of Angry Kirby.

Boney

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Woa let's not get crazy here. People say this with every new Kirby game and it never delivers on that promise.
It's just been so long :(

And this has tons of abilities per power!

It looks just like every other Kirby game-- slow-paced and boring. I don't understand the appeal of these games, and I've tried by downloading nearly every Kirby game on the VC. Every time I think "I should have gone with Mario or Sonic or Donkey Kong..."

timetokill said:

October
04 RAGE (360/PS3/PC), Dark Souls (360/PS3), Cursed Crusade (360/PS3/PC), Spider-Man: Edge of Time (360/PS3/Wii/NDS/3DS)
07 NBA 2K12 (360/PS3/PC)
11 Forza 4 (360), Ace Combat Assault Horizon (360/PS3), Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (360/PS3/PC)
13 Might and Magic Heroes VI (PC)
18 Batman: Arkham City (360/PS3/PC), Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
24 Pokémon Rumble Blast (3DS), Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
25 Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC), King of Fighters XIII (360/PS3), Dance Central 2 (360), Silent Hill: Downpour (360/PS3), House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut (PS3)

Nintendo's releaseing this the same day as Pokemon Rumble Blast. Its been sent to die!

Those bastards!

Anywayz this looks pretty good. I don't know if Iwanna buy it day one or wait for a price drop since I got to many other games coming out and the Kirby games are usually so easy, amd considering I'll probably beat it in less then 10 hours I just don't know if I wanna pay full price.

But its Kirby....KIRBY!!!

MNC

timetokill said:
It was. It was supposed to be a different game, but kirby didn't have a game for some time so they put kirby in it.

My gf liked EY either way and she's gonna love this one.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
CoffeeJanitor said:
God I hope that the little attack cutscenes will be skippable. Those types of things get old fast.

Yeah, that's the main thing I don't like about the game.

Well, that and it's still a bit too slow for my tastes. It's also guaranteed to be way too easy but my expectations are low on that front.

Boney

Banned
MNC said:
It was. It was supposed to be a different game, but kirby didn't have a game for some time so they put kirby in it.

My gf liked EY either way and she's gonna love this one.
In the end it incorporated other Kirby elements in it's design though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
For some reason this really feels like a Sakurai game. The air ship, Kirby's statue form being like his trophy in Smash Bros., etc. This has gotta be HAL, right?

Seda

Andrex said:
For some reason this really feels like a Sakurai game. The air ship, Kirby's statue form being like his trophy in Smash Bros., etc. This has gotta be HAL, right?

Yeah, it's HAL.

Sciz

Regulus Tera said:
Woa let's not get crazy here. People say this with every new Kirby game and it never delivers on that promise.
This is, however, the first game since to get the ability system right again. That right there puts it ahead of the pack.

Top Bottom