• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack 2 revealed at PSX 2016

Lady Gaia

The defensive Knack fans, angry or confused Knack "haters", and the video that looks like someone added a "2" to a Knack 1 gameplay trailer. Everything about this is hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as someone characterizing people who liked a game and are pleased it's getting a sequel as "defensive?" There are plenty of us who saw potential in the first game and are still more than willing to acknowledge that it was rough and needed work. The same can and should be said of many games without the extra layer of derision and condescension that gets applied to Knack.

NYmanutd

I get some people are happy, and that's great. On a personal level I wish they worked on something else.
This i respect. Same thing i could say about The Last of Us, i could care less about the sequel but i understand that there are people who really like the first one.

Kevin

The first Knack wasn't a terrible game in my opinion but it wasn't a great one either. Watching the trailer for this game, it looks like more or less the same as the original. Same graphics, same level design, etc. Does look to at least add in co-op play which could be neat. Hopefully online co-op! Just kind of wish they updated the visuals and level design as well as gameplay some more.

CoWZ05t.gif

Jimm

I don't understand the insane adoration... but this was the first PS4 game I played and finished and I really enjoyed it.
I'm happy to see it get a seauel and I'll buy it for sure!
Wtf at this gotg stuff though haha

RexNovis

Banned
this thread has comepletely broken my sarcasm detector. it is impossible to tell who is and isn't being genuine. How on earth has this mildly successful mediocre game become such a massive lightning rod for such avid trolling? What a world.

Not surprised, they left a lot of plot holes in the first game, hopefully the story is better. Hyped but Please get rid of the FUCKING RNG crystals goddamn it.

Etzer

Almost as hilarious as someone characterizing people who liked a game and are pleased it's getting a sequel as "defensive?" There are plenty of us who saw potential in the first game and are still more than willing to acknowledge that it was rough and needed work. The same can and should be said of many games without the extra layer of derision and condescension that gets applied to Knack.

You can be happy or not about this game without getting into totally fruitless arguments. That's what my post was joking about. You saw that I called the angry people "hilarious" as well, right? The bit about the "2" in the trailer just was me calling it as I see it. You're free to disagree. If you like the first game, I'm glad that you're getting a sequel.

My little sister will be pleased with this news, got her Knack for christmas and we played it through together. I thought it was pretty average, but she had a lot of fun and thought Knack was a cool character(she's 10).

Shredderi

You know what? I'm glad Knack 2 is happening just for the reactions of the haters >:D Cry some more!

Edit: Lol at that comic.

Kouriozan

It'll probably sells more than the next Mario on Switch, too!
I mean, it's impossible for this to not happen, it's basically 40M+ userbase VS 0.
The King is back!

People make fun of knack but there really is a lot of untapped potential to be a great action/platformer to go alongside stuff like Jak & Daxter. Not saying it will, but it has the potential.

This is a Trump world now.

Genuinely surprised this is a thing. Imagine if this sells better than Mario Switch (install Base bias, I know).

Yeah he never said anyone who liked the game was automatically defensive. I'm sure it was just aimed at the people trying to revise history about the game.

Thanks for proving his point about being defensive I guess lol

Top Bottom