• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack 2 revealed at PSX 2016

Brannon

How is there a Knack 2? HOW? Every character in that game was a petulant little bitchtart and the only main character worse than Knack was Locke in Halo.

But hope springs eternal, and here's hoping Knack 2 can pull of a Mortal Kombat 2.

PaulloDEC

Y'all know what time it is. It's time for KNACK 2 GIFS BABY!

k1gmo69.gif

k28hp8b.gif

k3u3obf.gif

Theonik

Knack Knack
Who's there?
GOAT
GOAT who?
Knack Knack

This is a Trump world now.

Genuinely surprised this is a thing. Imagine if this sells better than Mario Switch (install Base bias, I know).
Original Knack sold better than Mario 3D world in the UK. Knack 2 will probably shit on the Switch mario.

JordanN

Banned
How is there a Knack 2? HOW? Every character in that game was a petulant little bitchtart and the only main character worse than Knack was Locke in Halo.

But hope springs eternal, and here's hoping Knack 2 can pull of a Mortal Kombat 2.

That's what I love about Knack. All the characters are unapologetic pricks.

It goes against the grain of the typical "sunshine and lolipops" cartoon.

Didn't care about the first game and I don't really have any interest in trying out the sequel, but looking at the trailer it does look better.

I guess this is what people wanted, so I hope you guys enjoy it.

That's a bit much for me.

Y5VhCCa.png

Oh god.

Wakka212

All jokes aside, this actually improves on everything that was problematic with the original.

Includes far more complicated and challenging platforming, a deeper combo set, and a more dynamic and frequent transformation system to jump from small Knack to big Knack.

AND proper co-op??

I'm legit hyped.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Wonder how they're going to handle the shocking ending of the first game.

antibolo

Banned
Knack is great. Had a blast going through the game at Hard difficulty.

Haters gonna hate.

I think the biggest reason Knack gets so much hate is because it was a launch title. People bought it because they had nothing else to play with their shiny new PS4, including people who would have never bothered about this game otherwise because it's not their kind of game.

Chuck

Still without luck
I think the biggest reason Knack gets so much hate is because it was a launch title.
Incorrect. It gets hate because the game is an awful boring slog with zero things to like in it as well as the meme that such a bad game was once touted as a compelling game for the new console.

Not because it was a launch title.

Raylan

Banned
Incorrect. It gets hate because the game is an awful boring slog with zero things to like in it as well as the meme that such a bad game was once touted as a compelling game for the new console.

Incorrect.

It's actually the Game of the Generation right now.

Mezoly

I wonder if it was a mistake to show the Last of Us 2 today, because it will be overshadowed by Knack 2 announcement.

Knack was a new originally IP from the makers of truly original content on PS3 like Tokyo Jungle and Journey which fought against a Mario 3D World, which was based on a handheld game.
They battled hard and Knack won, innovation wins

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

So, where is your research data that shows this?

You should take a break dude, some people are happy that this is a thing. It doesnt matter how it will play out in the end.

SONY is the one that should be worrying if this is going to be financially profitable, and just a hint, if they are making it, they sure are as hell think it will be.

That Msdstc guy sure can be incredibly naive at times...

Seriously, how many of the people posting 'yuk, how /why did this game get the greenlight' type comments, actually played the game? It feels like quite a few are judging the first by Metacritic and it's reputation rather than first hand experience.
I gave the first game a pass but I can totally believe that a lot of people (probably in the minority) genuinely enjoyed the game. I have no problem Sony giving the franchise another go especially when the trailer of the game looked pretty appealing to me.

Knack is great. Had a blast going through the game at Hard difficulty.

Haters gonna hate.

I think the biggest reason Knack gets so much hate is because it was a launch title. People bought it because they had nothing else to play with their shiny new PS4, including people who would have never bothered about this game otherwise because it's not their kind of game.
I think the only reason it gets any love is because it's a launch title, otherwise it would be overshadowed by much better, similar games.

Megatron

Seriously, how many of the people posting 'yuk, how /why did this game get the greenlight' type comments, actually played the game? It feels like quite a few are judging the first by Metacritic and it's reputation rather than first hand experience.
I gave the first game a pass but I can totally believe that a lot of people (probably in the minority) genuinely enjoyed the game. I have no problem Sony giving the franchise another go especially when the trailer of the game looked pretty appealing to me.
I really think most of us really played it. That said, just because the first game was a steaming pile of manure doesn't mean this one will be. I really believe they will turn it around and fix the problems of the first game.

Oh believe me, there are a lot of people out there right now who are salty because Sons gives games like Knack a second chance.

I haven't played Knack yet, so I don't know if it has deserved that 2nd chance, but I do know this decision shows that Sony doesn't kill IPs on the spot if they don't become the next Gran Turismo (sales-wise). And that's cool.

Good point.

Haines

Banned
Looked average instead of crappie.

I'll give it a chance if it surprises but I highly doubt it.

Nintendo will fill this hole for me

If it was some no name developer than they should absolutely have another crack at it.

But this is Japan Studio and they should be working on Ape Escape 4 :mad:

PaulloDEC

I think the only reason it gets any love is because it's a launch title, otherwise it would be overshadowed by much better, similar games.

People need to stop trying to rationalise this. I don't finish games that I don't enjoy, and I've played Knack more than once. It's got nothing to do with being a launch game, and it doesn't mean I don't like other games more than I like Knack.

Sometimes things that are weird or just not that good just click for people. It's the reason why cult classics are a thing.

SURGEdude

Looks like it's got a good chance of being better than the 1st, which shouldn't be hard. Unless it ends up being incredible I expect it to join Gravity Rush 2 in the bargain bin quickly. Now there's a game that deserved a sequel.

antibolo

Banned
I bet many of you people who are complaining about this sequel being made must also be the same people being happy about Sony wasting developer resouces on remaster after remaster.

KrebStar

I enjoyed Knack despite its many flaws, so I'm glad to see it getting a sequel. If handled properly, I could see Knack finding its place as a melee focused platformer similar to how Ratchet is a shooter focused platformer.

Top Bottom