• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack 2 revealed at PSX 2016

SRTtoZ

A bunch of folks have played Knack 2 and reported their findings.

Notable new features include:

> The ability to shrink and grow at any time (not just when scripted)
> A variety of new combat moves, including a host of co-op specific combos
> The ability to upgrade stats in addition to a skill tree for unlocking new moves
> Regenerating health, more frequent checkpoints and different level routes (presumably based on difficulty setting)
> Greater focus on platforming (in some areas, at least)

Sounds great. Looks like they listened to peoples feedback in regards to having more options while playing, like growing/shrinking any time, solvable puzzles using these elements and skill upgrades. I re-bought the game when it was dirt cheap on PSN so I'll be sure to play that before I pick this one up.

knack2-700x350.jpg

s-k-title.png

Wake up sheeple

I will now call these So-Knack and Knackles.

Shirow

Banned
I'm glad this game got made for sure. Damn games are too violent these days fort some reason. I like them but it seems every game lately comes with additional buckets of blood for some reason.

kadotsu

Banned
I have to be honest. If Japan studio manages to create a competent 3D platformer collectathon with some GoW lite arenas in between I'll be all over this. The design feels very similar to Treasure's Wario game.

Raonak

Banned
Between this, TLG, and wipeout, parapper, patapon and loco roco getting some love, i really like that sony's actually investing some of that money into games which are risky.

Knack2 likely has a small budget/team, iterating on an existing game uses way less resources than starting a new IP. so the people who are offended by this game's existance can calm down.

Knack's main problem was that it was too basic. If they can add proper platforming and a more varied moveset, ideally more open level design to, then it could actually become a good game.

dragos495

i actually liked the first game. played the entire thing in coop with my so and she enjoyed it as well. it was the first game we ever played together on our brand new ps4. then came trine and we forgot about knack! :D

So happy the positive impressions are crushing the hater's expectations of this game :)

Meh, the first game was praised as well until it came out and was ... fine ... but nothing spectacular. Just kinda a big meh. Like Kameo. Would have been fine if it wasn't revealed at Sony's biggest presser ever.

I'm not a hater of Knack, I just hear Knack sequel and thing, "but.. why?"

Meh, the first game was praised as well until it came out and was ... fine ... but nothing spectacular. Just kinda a big meh. Like Kameo. Would have been fine if it wasn't revealed at Sony's biggest presser ever.

You don't think games with enough potential should get another chance at correcting their predecessors short comings? With this line of thought, I can think of multiple hit franchises that would have seen their demise at the hand of first games that missed the mark. It's such a cut-throat world when it comes to new IPs today, that it's comforting to see Sony invest and show faith in their smaller projects that need a second chance. Especially when it's a colorful-blue-sky adventure platformer that we see so little of from major first party studios not named Nintendo.

It kills me that one of the first franchises that isn't an open world, grim dark epic starring a 20-30 something gruff male actually gets a second chance at a sequel that the team has made clear they are listening to feedback on from the first game, and people want it cancelled, dead and gone.

This isn't aimed at you directly, but just the general knee-jerk negativity in this fucking place sometimes.

You don't think games with enough potential should get another chance at correcting their predecessors short comings? With this line of thought, I can think of multiple hit franchises that would have seen their demise at the hand of first games that missed the mark. It's such a cut-throat world when it comes to new IPs today, that it's comforting to see Sony invest and show faith in their smaller projects that need a second chance. Especially when it's a colorful-blue-sky adventure platformer that we see so little of from major first party studios not named Nintendo.

It kills me that one of the first franchises that isn't an open world, grim dark epic starring a 20-30 something gruff male actually gets a second chance at a sequel that the team has made clear they are listening to feedback on from the first game, and people want it cancelled, dead and gone.

This isn't aimed at you directly, but just the general knee-jerk negativity in this fucking place sometimes.
I just wanna quote this

black070

Very well said.

farisr

Meh, the first game was praised as well until it came out and was ... fine ...
Praised? Not really. People were looking forward to it because it was by Mark Cerny, but most people who actually played it were just lukewarm on it rather than showering it with praises. And thanks to it being the first game ever shown for the ps4, it got a lot of undue flack as well.

Knack character design is still terrible.
I think his design is great.

Good post, and I completely agree.

It's weird seeing people legit bothered by the fact that this game exists, especially when they have no apparent interest in playing it.

Skeeter49

A lot of people said Knack demoed fine at events if I'm remembering correctly. Though it does sound like they improved upon it a good amount, from a first showing impression.

Knack is kindof a gruff male tho.

But he does like to dance.

hesido

Lol oh well, i just thought playstation has always been about diversity, the game is clearly family oriented, we had tons of fun at home playing it.

My daughter loved Knack, was mashing through levels on easy when she was two and half years old, had more fun moments with it than any game else, except tearaway :)

NYmanutd

Because it was a commercial success to sony? I dont think Knack 2 has a big budget and its clearly aimed to the younger generation and people who like this kinda games. Sony needs to offer Knack on plus before Knack2 comes out so the game has more popularity before released. Remember guys this is a family oriented game, i'm really glad Knack2 is a thing because we had fun playing the original one at home. My 4 years old keeps asking when are we gonna play Knack 2 lol. Btw i know this isnt the right site to measure knack popularity because we are all adults but im glad there are other parents in my same situation.

Top Bottom