• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack getting Pro patch

giphy.gif

Camjo-Z

Might have to get a Pro for this. Knack was pretty great (well, aside from the out-of-place sex scene between Knack and Charlotte, but I guess they had to bump up the rating somehow).

SenkiDala

I'm sorry to insist but... Where did it says that there's a Pro patch for Knack? When I read the article a few days ago, it sounded to me like it was just a technical demonstration, maybe I was wrong though.

Kazooie

Banned
Why?

Must be coming to PS Plus if they are patching it otherwise it's a scandalous waste of resources. Even if it only takes 5 minutes.

Nice, I pay $30 for it a few months after launch, I regret nothing!

I'm sorry to insist but... Where did it says that there's a Pro patch for Knack? When I read the article a few days ago, it sounded to me like it was just a technical demonstration, maybe I was wrong though.

D: hard braking if it's true!

aadiboy

" "So if we look at the scene, again, it's very clean, smooth. But if I were to do this on -- " he switched to the PS4 TV and sighed."

I'm just imagining this and lmao.

antibolo

Banned
Every Sony-published game should get a patch. They need to show that they are 100% behind the new platform.

I'm fairly sure every game developed by a first party studio is getting a patch though, at least.

Sony probably can't force From to patch Bloodborne, their support contract for it is likely over.

AmuroChan

Sony missed a golden opportunity here by not including Knack in November's PS+ lineup.

Knack + PS4 Pro patch + free on PS+ = game changer.

silva1991

You guys realize that Bloodborne is not a first party game, right?

Of course Cerny would test the Pro upgrades in the game that he developed himself. Why would Sony upgrade a From Software game?...

I'm fairly sure every game developed by a first party studio is getting a patch though, at least.

Sony probably can't force From to patch Bloodborne, their support contract for it is likely over.

Why do people think they need From just to enhance somethings a bit? Bluepoint games should be more than capable of doing that.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Knack is an absolutely terrible game and anyone that says otherwise may be in serious need of deprogramming. Unless they somehow patch it into Bloodborne 2, I seriously wouldn't bother.

I swear that game has the weirdest cult on GAF.

I should play this someday.

In all serious, you're good as you are.

Knack is not terrible. It's too long but it's a fun game.

We're all welcome to our opinion.

No Witcher 3 support
No Bloodborne support

But we got Knack!

Cerny truly goes above and beyond!

"CDPR? Yeah, this is Cerny. Start setting up an office; I'll be in Poland in 10 hours. I'll be there for a couple days. Tell Artur he can use the breakroom instead. Yes, I'm flying to Japan right after to From. Yes, they've already got my workstation set up."

You were probably joking, but they really aren't comparable.

TalonJH

Say what you will but Knack wasn't terrible. Not great but not bad. I honestly think if they took knack out of the game and replaced him with Crash Bandicoot and changed the name on the box, people in a blind focus test would probably enjoy it. If you can find it for cheap, give it a try and go in with no expectations.

Kind of On Topic: I think Cerny literally just says whatever he likes. I don't think Sony PR would like the comment about the base version.

Guymelef

PS4 did over 300+ in Japan thanks to Knack bundle.
Imagine if they give Knack with Pro now...
And people said that Japan doesn't care about PS4 Pro...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hope it's locked 60fps now.

Cerny started with the Pro, picking up the controller and saying, "So if we look at the scene, again, it's very clean, smooth. But if I were to do this on -- " he switched to the PS4 TV and sighed. "Look at all the moiré, or all of the shimmery noise in the distance. And this is what we see when we play games on an HDTV and we've learned to ignore it."

I could audibly hear Cerny when I read this. lol

spons

Gold Member
he switched to the PS4 TV and sighed. "Look at all the moiré, or all of the shimmery noise in the distance. And this is what we see when we play games on an HDTV and we've learned to ignore it."
Way to alienate non-Pro PS4 owners. "The PS4 version looks like ass, but we'll still sell the device and the game".

antibolo

Banned
Why do people think they need From just to enhance somethings a bit? Bluepoint games should be more than capable of doing that.

That's not how it works. Hiring another studio "just to enhance somethings (sic) a bit" would be pretty expensive, for very little benefit to Sony (people will continue to complain, but they already gave their money to Sony). Programmers can't just be thrown into code they don't know and be expected to be efficient without a significant ramp-up time.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
So are you guys gonna patch all these Knack gif to the Pro version too??? :p

Top Bottom