• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack getting Pro patch

Shin-Ra

We need to use moiré more on this forum. :D
moireBOX.png

Cerny is probably working on Knack 2 I hope.
Hideo wanted to jump-start Death Stranding development, so they just reskinned Knack 2.

w0s

I think Knack is the best example of an "average" game to have ever existed
When I play it, it just screams "middle of the road"

I love platformers and was super excited for it. I finally got it at the price I wanted and 20 minutes in I had zero desire to play anymore. Weirdest thing ever.

EDIT: me not wanting to play not the game.

Brix

Do people not realize it is up to FROM SOFTWARE to develop a pro patch?! My goodness.

Good news for Knack, maybe I'll actually play it.

I can't tell if people are being sarcastic because they think the game is horrible, or if they are genuinely excited? I thought it was a good game, my favorite launch game for PS4..

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
PS4 pro preordered

Memento

First Party studio vs a third party one.

Sony may on the IP but you cant force anyone to patch anything

Japan Studio can patch it.

They probably handled a lot of technical issues of the base game anyways. You dont need Miyazaki working on it to increase the resolution.

There is no excuses.

Gator86

Why do people think they need From just to enhance somethings a bit? Bluepoint games should be more than capable of doing that.

Yeah, it's not like From has ever been notable for their technical competence. You go to From when you need a 20fps poison swamp, not optimization.

On topic: Knack is a fun coop game that everyone I know who doesn't game regularly loved around release so I'm glad it's getting patched. Why the fuck wasn't it in Plus this month? Not a meme, I would genuinely enjoy replaying it with people.

This game was just a bit too difficult for me, so I bought it and sold it. It's just not fun, for me.

Really liked the concept, but the game asked questions this aging gamer couldn't answer, nor did he have the time to develop the answer.

I miss the days of doing things by rote with a near infinite amount of time available.

What I want now is a Doom patch for the Pro.

Z3M0G

Of course Cerny would want this to have a pro patch... It's his game and he couldn't get it to run with stable frame-rate on his new PS4 hardware.

Hasney

They probably handled a lot of technical issues of the base game anyways. You dont need Miyazaki working on it to increase the resolution.

There is no excuses.

There are plenty probably, unless you know the intimate details of the contract both parties signed?

Nope, still not interested in Knack. It is the perfect example of a console launch game and no amount of extra pixels or clean lines is going to fix that.

Pennywise

There is no excuses.

They didn't.
They haven't been involved in the actual development.
Marketing and the usual stuff publishers do.

Top Bottom