• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knack |OT| Playin' Knack in my Tub!

After playing the demo today...I went from wishing I liked it to really loving it. Might have to pick it up Day 1. Agh poor, poor wallet

im just gonna play this game like fine wine..slow and take my time with it and try to enjoy the hopefully good story and see if it's actually hard like the previews said.

If i was at Best Buy in Oakville today and played Knack on the demo station, and noticed quite obvious aliasing and framerate issues, should I be worried about the retail release? Or can this be chalked up to an old build? Really want to get this one.

If i was at Best Buy in Oakville today and played Knack on the demo station, and noticed quite obvious aliasing and framerate issues, should I be worried about the retail release? Or can this be chalked up to an old build? Really want to get this one.

Out of all the games, I really and sincerely doubt Knack will have any issues like that. Old build + Demo Units = those kind of problems

I would wait for reviews to see

Wasn't sold on it at it's unveiling, but now I am really looking forward to it. Hearing that it's actually a challenging game really gives me hope this'll be fun.

Wasn't sold on it at it's unveiling, but now I am really looking forward to it. Hearing that it's actually a challenging game really gives me hope this'll be fun.

I didn't believe anybody when I heard this. After playing the game today, I can honestly say you really have to pay attention, enemies move quick. First time I played the demo on hard (my first time playing) I got killed by the first enemy. Then it happened again.
Great stuff.

Cheech

Still not clear on co op. So it uses two controllers, with two Knacks on-screen? If so, I might pick this up.

Paz

I guess Cerny should have done a commentary track for the game :p

Really looking forward to Knack, I'm not sure what it is about the game but it feels like there's nothing else on XB1/PS4 in this space, a bit like Kameo for 360 launch (Which I also loved).

Midou

Played demo at a kiosk, then I bought it along with a controller. My body is ready. Combat felt super smooth.

Elixist

I bet he did he just wanted to sabotage tsundere, he's probably watching right now and laughing

#truthfact. He is the Dark Souls of moderators hehe.

i kinda how much of knack is hidden away. they only shown 4 areas really. game is pretty much going to be a surprise.

Man, I'm wonderin this too after seein some of these other levels. If there's tons of different tweaks on a simple formula great things can happen. For now though my interest is piqued, lookin forward to reviews and gaf impressions.

exostar

Neo Member
Very excited for something besides a shooter or a sports game. I've got higher hopes than most for this I believe. I think I'll grab some popcorn as a sKnack... Yep I went there.

Revoh

The thing that bothers me after seeing a gameplay video is that the game makes you travel plenty of empty space just to find 2 or 3 enemies, you kill them and then it starts all over again... run, find 2 enemies, kill them... repeat. It needs more enemies!

imperium

I enjoyed the demo, it was fun and seemed to offer a good challenge. It's on my list if I can take advantage of Target's B2G1 deal. And I can now appreciate all the praise the DS4 has received. It felt so good in my hand.

Played the Knack demo today in Best Buy and came away pleasantly surprised. It played smooth, looked clean and sharp, and left me wanting more. Will keep my Amazon pre-order.

Day one get!!! Target B2G1 for the win. Hope it brings back the awesomeness of platformers. Awesome week overall with the new Ratchet and Clank releasing on the same week as well.

nikos

Picking this up along with my PS4. I have a feeling we're all going to love Knack, as a character, by the end of the game.

ref

Just a heads up for Canadians who are interested in purchasing:

s9jgWwl.jpg

Just print it out and bring it in, worked flawlessly here in the 'Peg.

I got to play this at EB and was really surprised with how much fun I had. Think I'm really gonna enjoy this one, plus it's a nice break from the other shooter titles I'm getting.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm really torn with this game. I feel like I want to get it but I think that's mainly due to the fact that it's a launch game that's not a dudebro shooter. However, when I see it being played I'm just not sure if it's something I can really get into. I want to support games like this though.

Hopefully there is a demo or I can get it as a freebie if amazon does the buy 2 get 1 deal that target is doing.. I just don't know..

JamboGT

Was unconvinced by this then played it today at a demo station, Was fun. Could definitely see me picking it up at some point, felt very fluid.

FrsDvl

First game I'll be sticking in my PS4. After staring at the game on my shelf for a week now, I'm more than ready to play it.

TheChits

I'm very interested in hearing the impressions from day 1 buyers. I'm seriously considering this as my second ps4 game, but I haven't seen much gameplay

Top Bottom