• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo teasing new title from -Force, This is not "Warriors"

fedexpeon

Banned
New IP: Wuxia ARPG, sets in the age of the Han dynasty.

Seriously...Can we get a game with some Wuxia airwalking and sword dance gameplay?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
After Musou this, Musou that, Musou whatever, it's time for Uosum! The Musou of Musou!
Stupid reference to the Hulk of Hulk, Kluh(what a lame and unoriginal name lol), sorry i'm reading AXIS, in Italy we are late

In case people haven't figured it out already, the Japanese text says "this is not musou", so there's that.

I'd like to see another kind of game with these characters with less focus on armies, so could be interesting.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Strange teaser. So it's related somehow, otherwise why mention it?

The logic says that since KT does mostly musou games people always expects a musou, this teaser tells to expect something different... but after that "not way of the samurai" teaser that ended with ukyo no shishi/roushi that were basically way of the samurai with another name i don't know what to think.

ZhugeEX

Banned
The logic says that since KT does mostly musou games people always expects a musou, this teaser tells to expect something different... but after that "not way of the samurai" teaser that ended with ukyo no shishi/roushi that were basically way of the samurai with another name i don't know what to think.

It really could be anything at this point to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of Dynasty Warriors game but at the same time it could be a completely new IP.

We should be getting hints + 7 days isn't long to wait.

I'm excited!

OrochiJR

Gold Member
It will probably be a spin-off of the Musou games, just a different genre. Otherwise they wouldn't reference the Warriors/ Musou names in the tagline of the teaser. It would be like admitting "yeah, the only thing we do is recycle the same type of game for ~15 years, but this one will be different, please bear with us". So they would indirectly bury their own products if this was something completely unrelated.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Hang on a second... gamescom is next week.....

Now those of you who read my thread here - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1040392 Will know that Koei are planning a collaboration with a western IP.

So can someone tell me what conferences are taking place 7 days from now as its possible this could be an onstage announcement of that collaboration?

Or maybe they'll just announce it online like normal.

Arrrghhhh the suspense is killing me!

Top Bottom