• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo teasing new title from -Force, This is not "Warriors"

Hang on a second... gamescom is next week.....

Now those of you who read my thread here - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1040392 Will know that Koei are planning a collaboration with a western IP.

So can someone tell me what conferences are taking place 7 days from now as its possible this could be an onstage announcement of that collaboration?

Or maybe they'll just announce it online like normal.

Arrrghhhh the suspense is killing me!
Well gamescom is starting exactly one week from now so I think you're on to something here

Game of Thrones (not) Warriors

Xater

I'd be up for a new Kessen. That would be a really cool thing to return.

Now those of you who read my thread here - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1040392 Will know that Koei are planning a collaboration with a western IP.

So can someone tell me what conferences are taking place 7 days from now as its possible this could be an onstage announcement of that collaboration?

There really is only one conference and that is the one from Microsoft.

Jigorath

Banned

EA, Blizzard, and MS all have conferences. Square is doing a livestream for Final Fantasy XV.

Halo Musou incoming?

ZhugeEX

Banned

Nope! I refuse to believe that Koei would announce anything at a Microsoft conference.

What about EA? Or Blizzard? Or maybe they just do their own online announcement.

Dinda

I'd be up for a new Kessen. That would be a really cool thing to return.

ea is the next day, Fifa Warriors!

Or more realisticly....... Star Wars Musou..........

Or more realisticly....... Star Wars Musou..........
h5WVj1J.gif

Gonna be sorely disappointed if it isn't Star Wars Musou now.

TreIII

They're finally bringing back Destrega, after all these years~!

But seriously...I'd love to see KT try their hands at a fighter, again.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Didn't the TK guy say sometime ago that he'd like to make a SW Musou?

Yeh but that's not actually going to happen.

What's interesting is thst this is one of the first teasers in a long time from Koei that is in English, released on western social media and is due to be announced before a western gaming conference (gamescom).

This is either a reboot of their old franchise (Dynasty Warriors) aimed at the West or an entirely new IP.

sense

Yeh but that's not actually going to happen.

What's interesting is thst this is one of the first teasers in a long time from Koei that is in English, released on western social media and is due to be announced before a western gaming conference (gamescom).

This is either a reboot of their old franchise (Dynasty Warriors) aimed at the West or an entirely new IP.

god of war musou !!

TreIII

And realistically, this is probably it, right here.

"This is not Musou" just likely means "this ain't your big brother's Musou/it's not Musou as you know it". The series' 15th anniversary is next week. I really can't imagine Koei announcing anything else until they've done everything pertaining to their most important brand, and all the due hoopla associated with it.

And judging by all the loose quotes that slipped from Koei in the last few months, an effective "revamping" of the brand sounds exactly like what's in store for DW9.

Looking forward to hearing about this Super Musou!

Also K-T EU tweeted about this too, so I wonder if we'll get some kind of localization (which of course would have happened anyway) announcement to go along with it.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Actually the font for the Japanese in that image does look really close to what that game used.

I don't disagree with this. I just hope its something else. Especially as the audience is both Japan and the West. A first for Koei in a long time.

Top Bottom