• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo teasing new title from -Force, This is not "Warriors"

213372bu

Banned
Sucks that it is prob. AoT.

Would've much preferred the "this is not Warriors" to reference the complete combat restructure they were talking about. Would've been perfect for the anniversary too.

I can't get into the anime (if this is AoT) but I'll play this game. There's something satisfying killing huge ass monsters with KT's gameplay style.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I really hope it's not true, i guess the anime is good but fighting naked giant people doesn't appeal to me at all.

It really depends on execution but in principle, managing squads to fight Titans could lead to a great sense of scale. Pikmin meets SotC or something.

If anything, the jumping around rooftops and defending a city against crazy giants is a good game premise.

Only if the traversal is solid. It must be top notch or else the game will fail.

If they're just thinking of doing AoT musou then just don't bother.

I think they will nail the movement. They also said this isnt warriors. And i cant imagine that the studio that brought AoT would be okay with a simple Dynasty Warriors rip off.

So the only question now is... Is it more Toukiden than Dynasty Warriors (In term of progression and Levels).

Shizuka

Attack on Titan?

tumblr_n7p2gi7CwN1telqo9o1_250.gif

Hikami

not sure how to feel about it being AoT
I liked the show but it feels so irrelevant now 2 years later, I guess that's where season 2 would come in to drive up interest.

I would hope it has 3D gear movement that controls well.
Would also be nice if it's using the cel-shaded art style that the Arslan game is using.
The movie just came out.
:lol, I guess.

stryke

not sure how to feel about it being AoT
I liked the show but it feels so irrelevant now 2 years later, I guess that's where season 2 would come in to drive up interest.

I would hope it has 3D gear movement that controls well.
Would also be nice if it's using the cel-shaded art style that the Arslan game is using.

Holy shit I didn't realize it's been 2 years already.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Hope they nail the movement, like Spiderman 2 on PS2 nailed Spiderman's swinging, that's so, so important.

Tohsaka

This winter? Isn't that too early for a decent game, we've heard nothing so far.

Not necessarily. Smaller devs like GUST tend to announce games and then release them within 6 months or so. I wish more of them would do that, honestly.

BTA

I'm not really into Warriors to begin with, but I was hoping this would be something neat. Not really a big fan of AoT (I think it's ok, but the pacing sucks and I'm not sure why people love it that much), but if they get the movement down fine it might be worth checking out.

Going to be interesting to see which Koei Tecmo game this will be based off of:

Regular Musou?
Toukiden?
Bladestorm?
A mash of all of them?

Oh man, this is interesting.

Gonna wait for the gameplay, but if they nail the swinging mechanics, the rest I'm not worried about at all.

TreIII

I suppose the most interesting thing is that this will definitely give Omega Force due reason to revisit a lot of the good things they did in DW: Strikeforce. The movement options there would be right at home in an AoT game.

That said, I wonder how this game and Capcom's still-yet-to-be-revealed-in-full arcade game will compare. And hey, DW9 is still coming so even if this game doesn't do it for me, I'll still have something.

Do we have a reason to think a XBO version would come over?

Koei Tecmo has had a history of releasing a 360/xbo version of a game where it didn't have one in Japan when they bring a game to the west

most recently is the arslan musou which is getting a xbo version in the west with its localization

Top Bottom