• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koizumi: "Soon you will a lot more (Switch) announcements from third-party partners."

TDLink

Where is Tekken 7?
I don't care about Tekken, I just had a strong hunch it would come to Switch.

I agree with this, except I do care. Harada seemed to be hinting at it and then there was nothing about Switch when the release date was announced. Plus there's that fight stick coming...surely not just for USF2.

We haven't seen that so far, and according to statements, they seem not keen on closing the door on a future 3DS successor just yet.

Is it just talk because they still make good money on 3DS or are they still intent on consolidating all their software efforts around Switch? I haven't been paying attention.

Well, we do have an SMT game announced for Switch, as well as Project: Octopath Traveler, a game designed by the same team behind Bravely Default. It looks like something that could be on a handheld.

Right now, I imagine Nintendo just wants to make some more money off the 3DS's 60 million userbase. Going into 2018, they'll probably starting shutting things down and focus on Switch.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes, that is the best case scenario. The switch will not be getting Battlefront 2 or whatever else AAA game is out this year.

Lets wait for e3 - i can see CoD happening on Switch since Activision bothered with DS, Wii and WiiU versions. Especially if the system takes off they will have no competition on the system.

Majmun

Koizumi As you know we’ve been focussed on development on first party games

1,2 Switch and Arms seem to be the only titles that support this claim.

Zelda and Mario Kart 8 are Wii U ports, and Splatoon 2 seems to be more of the same.

Only Xenoblade 2 and Mario Oddyssey come to mind when reading that quote. And those are late 2017 or 2018 releases...

TDLink

Yes, that is the best case scenario. The switch will not be getting Battlefront 2 or whatever else AAA game is out this year.

I don't know about Battlefront, but I think there's a very strong possibility it gets the new Ass Creed and potentially COD this fall, seeing how even Wii U got those.

I agree with this, except I do care. Harada seemed to be hinting at it and then there was nothing about Switch when the release date was announced. Plus there's that fight stick coming...surely not just for USF2.
Well there is also a BlazBlue on the way.

Zelda and Mario Kart 8 are Wii U ports, and Splatoon 2 seems to be more of the same.

Only Xenoblade 2 and Mario Oddyssey come to mind when reading that quote. And those are late 2017 or 2018 releases...

This nonsense is never going to end, is it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

I see this sentiment a lot and I'm really really confused- Splatoon 2 will be released more than 2 years after the original and seems to be offering a ton of new content, new single player...why is that not considered a proper sequel?

StereoVsn

Lets wait for e3 - i can see CoD happening on Switch since Activision bothered with DS, Wii and WiiU versions. Especially if the system takes off they will have no competition on the system.
Yeah, CoD even came out for the Vita (quality of that release is another thing). Now, EA's shooters are extremely unlikely.

Yeah, and the game's still 4 months from release I think. They could announce a Switch version... maybe... hopefully.

Oregano

Do you think Nintendo is done announcing games?

phanphare

Banned
Who says they're holding back on announcements? Maybe third parties are holding back support until they know it's not going to be another Wii U.

well we haven't seen all the games from the list of developers working on Switch so there's obviously more announcements coming

Majine

Banned
Well, we do have an SMT game announced for Switch, as well as Project: Octopath Traveler, a game designed by the same team behind Bravely Default. It looks like something that could be on a handheld.

Right now, I imagine Nintendo just wants to make some more money off the 3DS's 60 million userbase. Going into 2018, they'll probably starting shutting things down and focus on Switch.

Personally, I hope so because that was the original appeal about this system.

Having all console and handheld Nintendo games in this one thing? That would be awesome.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
E3 isn't that soon though.
120 days until E3 2017. Not that far I think.

I suppose GDC 2017 could be a venue for some indie announcements. Nintendo will have a presence at the show. Also, indie developers will want to have a word with their Nintendo of America representative if they are planning on attending GDC this year. ;)

TDLink

Watch this "third party partners" turn out to be either a) Japanese or b) indies.

If "Japanese" means full support from Square, Capcom, SEGA, Namco, Atlus, and Level 5...then I fully support that being announced as Wii U did not have very much support from any of those.

I'd like the Western third parties too, but for my personal tastes I don't really mind if it misses getting EA's games outside of Star Wars.

I feel like Ubisoft is going to support it and already are, as they always support everything.

True Fire

I keep having deja vu with Nintendo. I think it's why I can't bring myself to support the Switch. Every single comment we hear from them about third parties, they've said before. Every single debate about third parties I see on NeoGAF has happened before.

Oh boy, here we go again with this nonsense

Neoxon

Assuming that this isn't just PR talk, I'm mainly expecting news from Japanese third parties & indies (Ubisoft aside). Most western third parties seem to be taking the wait-&-see approach, which makes sense given what happened with the Wii U.

Fortunately for me, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite falls under the "Japanese third parties" category & it runs on Unreal Engine 4, so there's hope. Same for Tekken 7, but we kinda already know that it won't hit the Switch unless Bandai Namco ends up doing a Switch port later.

Scrawnton

To elaborate, I think that anyone expecting many Switch games from the big Western third parties (e.g. EA, Activision, 2k, Ubisoft et al) are going to be very disappointed.
99% of the people preorderig a Switch already know that and they don't care. I'd rather have full Japanese dev output than a bunch of first person shooters and shallow action games.

Oregano

To elaborate, I think that anyone expecting many Switch games from the big Western third parties (e.g. EA, Activision, 2k, Ubisoft et al) are going to be very disappointed.

I think it's still too early to definitively say that. It very much depends on how software performs.

Activision and Ubisoft are no strangers to Nintendo hardware, but it would require Wii level sales for the other two to take notice.

Watch this "third party partners" turn out to be either a) Japanese or b) indies.

Cpn73C9.gif

Assuming that this isn't just PR talk, I'm mainly expecting news from Japanese third parties & indies (Ubisoft aside). Most western third parties seem to be taking the wait-&-see approach, which makes sense given what happened with the Wii U.

Fortunately for me, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite falls under the former & it runs on Unreal Engine 4, so there's hope.
Yeh I'll be a little concerned if this doesn't happen.

Top Bottom