• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi's new game teased during MN9 panel at PAX?

Has there been ANY attempt to translate those runes into something more readable? I'm disappointed that there doesn't appear to be any code-crackin' going on!

I tried to make some sense of it, but I can't match the symbols to any letters that make English words. I think the + is like a space.

Mlatador

Banned
By the way, what should we make of those screens? Are they just concept teases? Maybe real screens from an early, unanounced Igarashi project? Why did they appear on a flyer that was handed out during the Mighty Nr. 9 panel at PAX?

Maybe Igarashi is about to announce a kickstarter project on his own, just like Keiji Inafune did?

Also, the screens look definitely like beautiful 2D handdrawn graphics. A bit like Muramasa The Demon Blade.

If Igarashi indeed announces a new spirital successor to Castlevania/his Metroidvanias that is as beautfully handdrawn as Muramasa The Demon Blade, then I'm gonna piss my pants in excitement!!!

BE-FUCKIN-LIEVE!

Immagine THIS quality of 2D handdrawn graphics for a potential new Metroidvania by Igarashi...

Momohime_VS_Orge.jpg

.la1n

I never grew tired of playing the IGAs metroidvania titles as much as other people I know so I am so excited to know we might be getting something similar again.

What does the very bottom say? I tried zooming in and it says copyright, but it says stuff after it, I don't think it's really a copyright.

I saw "turn your head" and "likely take" in there

By the way, what should we make of those screens? Are they just concept teases? Maybe real screens from an early, unanounced Igarashi project? Why did they appear on a flyer that was handed out during the Mighty Nr. 9 panel at PAX?

Maybe Igarashi is about to announce a kickstarter project on his own, just like Keiji Inafune did?

Also, the screens look definitely like beautiful 2D handdrawn graphics. A bit like Muramasa The Demon Blade.

If Igarashi indeed announces a new spirital successor to Castlevania/his Metroidvanias that is as beautfully handdrawn as Muramasa The Demon Blade, then I'm gonna piss my pants in excitement!!!

BE-FUCKIN-LIEVE!

Immagine THIS quality of 2D handdrawn graphics for a potential new Metroidvania by Igarashi...

Momohime_VS_Orge.jpg

My guess is that Iga is working with Comcept and maybe Inti Creates.

I never grew tired of playing the IGAs metroidvania titles as much as other people I know so I am so excited to know we might be getting something similar again.

Im the same, when i bought a 3ds, i searched for the 3ds igavania, imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon lords of shadow mirror of fate ...

XaosWolf

If this is indeed for a new Igarashi "Castlevania" game, I am more than in.

...but what the hell is that about the Ultra 64 in the fine print?

Edit: I mean more about the quote than what the Ultra 64 is. =P

Man this is exciting. In all likelihood this is a 3DS game but I really hope it comes to Vita as well. Doubt it will come to console.

Also, I have infamous issue of GameFan. Crazy bad blunder. Mistakes live forever in print!

Mlatador

Banned

Ok here is what I can make out

"All right's reserved. This will likely take the *** *** most kick asses game that ever was. If you don't jerk (?) your head around the first time you play this game you had better check your pulse. The/this *** will truly make you say "yeah, that is going to be the game *** the Ultra 64"

*** = the parts I can't decipher.

What the fuck does that mean???

Detective GAF, WHERE ART THOU???

'take the dubious honor of most kick assest game'

and I think it must be 'The intro will surely/truly make you say this is going to be the game on the Ultra 64'

Mlatador

Banned
'take the dubious honor of most kick assest game'

and I think it must be 'The intro will surely/truly make you say this is going to be the game on the Ultra 64'

Oh yeah, "intro" makes sense. I also think it's dubious. Good job! :)

So the intro will remind us of the Ultra 64 aka the Nintendo 64?? *scratches head*. HMMM:...

Celine

Oh yeah, "intro" makes sense. I also think it's dubious. Good job! :)

So the intro will remind us of the Ultra 64 aka the Nintendo 64?? *scratches head*. HMMM:...
Maybe he is doing a Castlevania clone with ex-members of KCEK (Castelvania LoD and Castlevania Circle of the Moon))?

Mlatador

Banned
Maybe he is doing a Castlevania clone with ex-members of KCEO (Castelvania LoD and Castlevania Circle of the Moon))?

What if it is a 2D sequel to Castlevania 64?? Maybe a spiritual successor to it (if it is not funded by Konami and he has to find some other funds [kickstarter?])

TreIII

Maybe he is doing a Castlevania clone with ex-members of KCEO (Castelvania LoD and Castlevania Circle of the Moon))?

That was actually KCEK (Konami's Kobe) branch.

But any way, any of the Kobe branch that didn't already roll into IGA's team, jumped ship from Konami ages ago. They're now known as Good-Feel (re: Wario Land Shake, Kirby Epic Yarn, Yoshi's Wooly World).

TunaUppercut

Neo Member

BE-FUCKIN-LIEVE!

Momohime_VS_Orge.jpg

This would be awesome. I hope the art is on this level.

sörine

Banned
That was actually KCEK (Konami's Kobe) branch.

But any way, any of the Kobe branch that didn't already roll into IGA's team, jumped ship from Konami ages ago. They're now known as Good-Feel (re: Wario Land Shake, Kirby Epic Yarn, Yoshi's Wooly World).
Iga and Good-Feel could be a good combo. Or inticreates. Or, my personal favorite pick, M2.

TreIII

sörine;128466713 said:
Iga and Good-Feel could be a good combo. Or inticreates. Or, my personal favorite pick, M2.

I suppose working with Good-Feel would be contingent on the notion on if there's any "bad blood" between IGA and Good-Feel's president & former KCEK head/producer Shigeharu Umezaki. Or if Good-Feel's not already locked up with working on something else for Nintendo soon after Yoshi's Wooly World.

But I'm suspecting that if those fliers were given out during Inafune's presentation, then the likelihood of Comcept/Inti being involved is much higher.

Altazor

Ok here is what I can make out

"All right's reserved. This will likely take the *** *** most kick asses game that ever was. If you don't jerk (?) your head around the first time you play this game you had better check your pulse. The/this *** will truly make you say "yeah, that is going to be the game *** the Ultra 64"

*** = the parts I can't decipher.

What the fuck does that mean???

Detective GAF, WHERE ART THOU???

I'll just quote dorikyasu here:

As for the game itself... BRING IT ON, I'm hyped! And if it somehow manages to be as beautiful as Muramasa, then I don't know how I'll be able to contain my hype :p

sörine

Banned
But I'm suspecting that if those fliers were given out during Inafune's presentation, then the likelihood of Comcept/Inti being involved is much higher.
Or it's just because 8-4 is handling localization and promotion for it, like the are Mighty No. 9 and Azure Striker Gunvolt.

kiryogi

Banned
Can you explain this to me? I dont know what is happening.

So in the little fangamer ad that they gave out @ PAX, there's a comment from @Quarterwomann, which is a nod to EGM's gossip/rumor column, Quartermann. The fun part was, this twitter account was created really recently. I forget if it was same time as PAX or earlier in August. But folks have decided to follow it to see what's up. . . Or is someone trolling us.

Image in question:

https://twitter.com/MightyNo9/status/506252411782963200/photo/1

Man, I just love the idea of a teaser for what's probably a (not) Castlevania game being handed out after an official panel for two (not) Mega Man games.

Nice to see some creators finally doing the types of games they'd like without any executive meddling or bullshit getting in the way.

Foffy

Banned
Figure maybe this will help shed some light on the project...this came from a Castlevania fan-page on Facebook, later reposted on the Castlevania Dungeon.

piGzsjB.png

I think the deal is sealed on it being IGA's game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Figure maybe this will help shed some light on the project...this came from a Castlevania fan-page on Facebook, later reposted on the Castlevania Dungeon.

piGzsjB.png

I think the deal is sealed on it being IGA's game.

Damn son. So when is the night gonna be!?

Top Bottom