• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima teases Snake Eater 3D bundle 3DS (dat snake skin)

dreamahm

Banned
Kojima stupid only 20 days to release this game & until now nothings to show.

And he want to sell it in 40$ price he is really jack***.

XPE

Loved MGS 3 when it first came out, I went back to play it a few years ago and my god the controls were awful so the 3DS port might be a good choice.

I like how the graphics dont seem as washed out, as for the rest its a ps2 port and it looks like it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
EDGE review scores – March 2012

Final Fantasy XIII-2 – 5
WipEout 2048 – 8
Star Wars: The Old Republic – 8
Uncharted: Golden Abyss – 7
The Darkness II – 7
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – 6
NeverDead – 7
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D – 8
Haunt – 5
Little Deviants – 5
Everybody’s Golf – 7
Reality Fighters – 6

Great scores keep coming for MGS, seems like the game came together nicely :)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Final Fantasy XIII-2 – 5
WipEout 2048 – 8
The Darkness II – 7
NeverDead – 7
Haunt – 5
Little Deviants – 5
Everybody’s Golf – 7
Reality Fighters – 6

It's not that I don't believe MGS3 can be good. I know the original game was awesome...but seeing this receiving a much better score than Revelaitons is...is...AN INSULT.

GameE

Final Fantasy XIII-2 – 5
WipEout 2048 – 8
The Darkness II – 7
NeverDead – 7
Haunt – 5
Little Deviants – 5
Everybody’s Golf – 7
Reality Fighters – 6

Edge is out already? o_O

It's not that I don't believe MGS3 can be good. I know the original game was awesome...but seeing this receiving a much better score than Revelaitons is...is...AN INSULT.

Yeah, I'm gonna need to see their reasoning for scoring this so high while they scored RE:R so low. I don't often say this about Edge reviews, but their RE:R score was *wrong* in my book.

I'm hoping that its just that its really good and a really nice package... I look forward to the review text, as always.

You've played both games already?

And an insult? We're talking about video games, correct?

OmegaZero

Except the grass... :/

3DS version
8fUmd.jpg

PS2 version
J8o6I.jpg

:D

:/

Whoa.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That is REALLY awful. Not only does it look awful in stills, but in the IGN video you can see the grass popping in when the camera swoops downward and you'll notice that the tree texture is much lower resolution (why?!)

Looks like a terrible port.

RE:Revelations, while smaller in scale, serves to strength my faith in the 3DS hardware. I feel like KojiPro could have done a better job here. I'm sure it wasn't easy adapting PS2 code to the 3DS, but surely they could have done a better job than this?! The framerate is so low and the visuals so poor I just can't see how they felt this was acceptable.

That is REALLY awful. Not only does it look awful in stills, but in the IGN video you can see the grass popping in when the camera swoops downward and you'll notice that the tree texture is much lower resolution (why?!)

RE:Revelations, while smaller in scale, serves to strength my faith in the 3DS hardware. I feel like KojiPro could have done a better job here. I'm sure it wasn't easy adapting PS2 code to the 3DS, but surely they could have done a better job than this?! The framerate is so low and the visuals so poor I just can't see how they felt this was acceptable.

I can't see how Edge scored it higher than RE:R, and how some one would buy it... (bar those who don't have a PS3/360/PS2/Vita)

(though, to be a bit fair, I believe someone along the line of medalion pointed out that there was no shadow in MGS3 from the foliage and trees, and it was all a texture. Is this the same with MGS3DS?)

OH NO! THE GRASS IS WORSE!?!?

It can not possibly be better than a game that looks better! Damn those moneyhat wearing, biased, wrong reviewers!

Frost_Ace

Maybe the high score is due to the improved UI?

I mean changing camo/heal yourself straight from the touch screen is a really nice addition.

Chinner

Banned
1. the frame-rate is fucking horrible
2. why are konami not showing any footage from later parts in the game? makes me suspicious.

What the fuck at the frame rate in this video.

It didn't look too bad on the bridge there, I think the camera looks a bit dated / janky, but if you fix your eyes on the Snake model - it seems to move smoothly enough imo...

but that cut-scene at the end of the video, wtf... looked like every 2nd and 3rd frame was missing or something.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
It didn't look too bad on the bridge there, I think the camera looks a bit dated / janky, but if you fix your eyes on the Snake model - it seems to move smoothly enough imo...

but that cut-scene at the end of the video, wtf... looked like every 2nd and 3rd frame was missing or something.
It wasn't pretty on the bridge, but the cutscene looked completely broken, the sub-10 fps kind of broken.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
People will still freak out.

smh
Yeah, it is old.

I'm hoping it is improved but recent footage has been choppy and ugly as well. IGN had some recent footage of the game showing that all of the grass geometry had been replaced with low quality flat grass blades. Ugly. Framerate was still way under 30 fps as well even with nothing happening.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Gameblog just posted a long preview. They love it :) They say framerate is much better than in the build they saw at E3. Slow down is happening in few scenes, it didn't bother them at all this time. They love the 3D in this game as well as the touchscreen usefullness for lots of actions. They say Konami surprised them with the level of polish.

Looks like a fantastic port :)

Oddduck

I really hope the people playing the demo tomorrow understand that the demo is from a very early E3 build of the game, and not a recent build.

Gameblog just posted a long preview. They love it :) They say framerate is much better than in the build they saw at E3. Slow down is happening in few scenes, it didn't bother them at all this time. They love the 3D in this game as well as the touchscreen usefullness for lots of actions. They say Konami surprised them with the level of polish.

Quoting this, as most people will ignore it because we all seem too focused on GRASS.

I feel the same, I am going to skip this. I am hoping that the MGS Coll on Vita fares better.

Heads up, I've heard that tomorrow's demo is just the Japanese demo in english.

For those hoping to see the latest build (if it is in fact any different), I doubt the eShop demo will illuminate you any further.

Boney

Banned

For those hoping to see the latest build (if it is in fact any different), I doubt the eShop demo will illuminate you any further.

It's not like someone would expect any better from Konami

LeleSocho

Banned

How can you consider this a fantastic port (even if it's a remake which should mean that is something better than the original) if graphically is worse?

So dumb..

It sounds as I feared. The reviews and previews seem to indicate the final product is polished and the demos are still shitty. I'd rather have a representative demo, its only going to hurt them.. its already a hard sell with HD collection out. What were they thinking!

Ugh.

Irritating situation - everything the average reader has seen so far (Japanese demo, preview videos and images etc.) suggests that the game is looking pretty shoddy, technically, but the first reviews coming in are unexpectedly positive.

So, either lolvideogamespress time (unusual for Edge, even if their scores often don't match their text) or lolKonami for putting out unrepresentative crap for preview material.

jokkir

I don't think I'll mind the framrate being sub 30fps. I mean, I played Peace Walker on a PSP-1000 and that was a 20fps blurry mess and I still enjoyed myself >__>

OmegaZero

Quoting this, as most people will ignore it because we all seem too focused on GRASS.

Grass is what we live for. Half the point of owning a house is so you can grow grass and maintain it for the rest of your life.
:D

Actually, any fears I had about the visuals have been shot down by some footage I saw from the JP demo that showed the same area and tree.
The tree looked much better, so I'm assuming the weird texture was actually from compression artifacts.

Shame about dat grass though...

RedSwirl

I'm just waiting to see how much the controls have been improved.

Top Bottom