• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima will demo Metal Gear Solid V at TGS, no new trailer

UrbanRats

I bought ZoE for the MGS2 demo, so i guess i could.
Though i REALLY do not care about LoS2, whereas ZoE wasn't that bad as a launch title.

Jindrax

Taking bets, if GZ is released seperately I'll vow to not buy it for 6 months (FML)
If it's released as a demo on that other game (castlevania I'm guessing?) then I won't even buy it.

Ashes

Banned
That's from Phantom Pain. They're showing off Ground Zeroes. It's the same night time base mission which they showed when they first announced the project last year. :p

All these ground zeroes and phantom pains have me in a dizzy tizzy.

I find it the opposite of satisfying.
I think the ideal time is 1 year from the reveal, tops.

And you can concentrate all your marketing money in that single year.

What I really meant was giving fans something to hold on and look forward to. Unlike VersusXIII this gen.

And well MGS is a big franchise, they'll blindly throw away a lot of money on marketing.

932.gif

Damn that's bad news... I would honestly have a trailer than someone playing a demo. It will probably be a demo of GZ and we have already seen one. Trailers are so much more exciting

butman

Finally a gameplay demo!

One more trailer like the E3 one and they will spoil the entire story of the game.

I cannot waaaait to see this. The demo of the current-gen version he just gave at KojiPro's LA studio was apparently 24 minutes long, so I hope we get a similar length for the glorious next-gen one. Hopefully they'll actually upload the 60FPS footage online, and not just put 1080p footage on Youtube and pretend that counts.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This will be the nextgen footage right? I find it funny people was saying " now thats nextgen" with the E3 trailer when it was current gen lol.

UrbanRats

What I really meant was giving fans something to hold on and look forward to. Unlike VersusXIII this gen.

And well MGS is a big franchise, they'll blindly throw away a lot of money on marketing.

Well but FFXV is still coming way too far from the latest E3 reveal!
Not even taking into consideration the whole Versus thing.

They showed it in the 2013 summer, it'll come out in 2015, too fucking far.

Fans don't need something "to hold on to" if they don't know the game is being developed.

Well but FFXV is still coming way too far from the latest E3 reveal!
Not even taking into consideration the whole Versus thing.

They showed it in the 2013 summer, it'll come out in 2015, too fucking far.

Fans don't need something "to hold on to" if they don't know the game is being developed.

Nomura traitor-ed out the PS3 owners who were looking forward to VersusXIII but that's another story.

Games with huge audience and hype like such gimmicks and showings by devs/company.

Same like people are willing to give an arm and a leg to know more about TLG.

So it's a good practice, I for one avoid seeing reveals after initial announcement and promos to preserve the spoiler-free outlook when I play the game myself.

DieH@rd

Banned
I think... that MercurySteam will release one or two story DLCs for LoS2, and then they will port base game + those DLCs to nextgen and offer it as one package. Then, they can place Ground Zeroes demo on the disc and sell that in.... September.

Batzi

Banned
no new trailer? Guess i will watch the E3 trailer again then.

We have seen enough of story trailers. I really want to see the game in action being played on a next-gen console. We might be getting a new trailer too who knows? Gameplay on PS4 and a release date is all I want now.

Elios83

1)It will be interesting to see if they claim that the demo is running on an actual PS4 dev kit.
Everything we have seen about the game so far is running on PCs with unknown specs which should mimick current gen consoles.
2)After the reports about the game being like Splinter Cell Conviction I really hope that Kojima hasn't gone out of his mind to try to reach a broder western audience....the same poison which is killing all the japanese developers.

Batzi

Banned
1)It will be interesting to see if they claim that the demo is running on an actual PS4 dev kit.
Everything we have seen about the game so far is running on PCs with unknown specs which should mimick current gen consoles.
2)After the reports about the game being like Splinter Cell Conviction I really hope that Kojima hasn't gone out of his mind to try to reach a broder western audience....the same poison which is killing all the japanese developers.

The staff who demoed the game last week got caught and was rushing through the game and Kojima acknowledge the mistakes Korekado did and said that the demo at TGS will be different when they finally reveal it to the public. Just wait and see.

Elios83

The staff who demoed the game last week got caught and was rushing through the game and Kojima acknowledge the mistakes Korekado did and said that the demo at TGS will be different when they finally reveal it to the public. Just wait and see.

Wait, they got caught doing what?

Batzi

Banned
Wait, they got caught doing what?

Sorry chose the wrong word. The player (Korekado) was detected by the enemies during the game demo which was not suppose to happen. The game was set on the lowest difficulties yet he managed to get caught which tells you how terrible that player was. The demo did not go as planned and Kojima was pissed. That's why the demo was kept private.

Sorry chose the wrong word. The player (Korekado) was detected by the enemies during the game demo which was not suppose to happen. The game was set on the lowest difficulties yet he managed to get caught which tells you how terrible that player was. The demo did not go as planned and Kojima was pissed. That's why the demo was kept private.

Lol yeah, i remember reading about this in the other thread.

Elios83

Well poor Korekado :D But the presentation not going as expected is not an issue with the game. At this point I just want them to be clear stating that their live demo is running on a next gen console devkit.
So far they have used their PC with current gen specs bullshit....and just now we're seeing the truth about how PS3/360 versions are going to look:

metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes_la_04.jpg

metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes_la_05.jpg

Wow, i'm not a fan of soccer games but damn.
gza2.png

And this is a current gen game.

Fox Engine is amazing, can't wait to see it on PS4!

Well poor Korekado :D But the presentation not going as expected is not an issue with the game. At this point I just want them to be clear stating that their live demo is running on a next gen console devkit.
So far they have used their PC with current gen specs bullshit....and just now we're seeing the truth about how PS3/360 versions are going to look:

People were pointing this out in the very first video.

Well I'm sure the current gen version will look much better in motion, as is often the case.

Regardless, PS4 all the way.

Please MS, don't get make any deals in the west for this game.

Batzi

Banned
Guys take that with a grain of salt again..GRAIN OF SALT.

Donna Burke the woman who performed the song "Heavens Divide" and "Sins of the Father" in Peace Walker and MGSV respectively just wrote this on her Facebook page:

Love how waiting for a game release is now the adult version of waiting for Christmas..honest, painful, calendar watching yearning..oh sweet pain!

What game do you think she is referring to? I can only guess one and that's Ground Zeroes.

It's not over yet! there is MORE!

When someone replied to her post with an article link that referred to what the KONAMI Analyst said about a smaller MGS (GZ) being released this year while TPP will be coming 2015, Donna liked his comment as if she was approving but couldn't confirm of course because she simply can't (NDA).

Here's the best part, she then comments and says
Hideo Kojima should dress up as Santa
As if she was saying Kojima is going to deliver a Christmas present to us.

What do you think guys?

KidBeta

So we have confirmation that they will be demoing it on a PS4 dev kit / retail unit? or is it just a rumour at this stage?.

Guys take that with a grain of salt again..GRAIN OF SALT.

Donna Burke the woman who performed the song "Heavens Divide" and "Sins of the Father" in Peace Walker and MGSV respectively just wrote this on her Facebook page:

What game do you think she is referring to? I can only guess one and that's Ground Zeroes.

It's not over yet! there is MORE!

When someone replied to her post with an article link that referred to what the KONAMI Analyst said about a smaller MGS (GZ) being released this year while TPP will be coming 2015, Donna liked his comment as if she was approving but couldn't confirm of course because she simply can't (NDA).

Here's the best part, she then comments and says
As if she was saying Kojima is going to deliver a Christmas present to us.

What do you think guys?

Interesting...Thanks. Although skeptical that GZ would release near Christmas though, maybe early next year.

Batzi

Banned
So we have confirmation that they will be demoing it on a PS4 dev kit / retail unit? or is it just a rumour at this stage?.

It is confirmed that the game will be demoed on next-gen and that it will be shown at Sony's booth. Make of that what you want.

Top Bottom