• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima will demo Metal Gear Solid V at TGS, no new trailer

Batzi

Banned
Yeah, that doesn't guarantee it'll be on PS hardware. They could easily demo it on PC with target specs as they always have.

LOL. Are you suggesting that the PS4 already doesn't deliver to Kojima? :p I think the PS4 is powerful enough to create what he started on current gen.

Honestly it's pretty hard to believe MGS4 came out in 2008.... And in 2013 we still don't either have a release date nor hands on previews or anything of the sort, with Koji Pro demoing the same thing they demoed last year.

Batzi

Banned
Honestly it's pretty hard to believe MGS4 came out in 2008.... And in 2013 we still don't either have a release date nor hands on previews or anything of the sort, with Koji Pro demoing the same thing they demoed last year.
MGS: Peace Walker came out in 2010. If you didn't play this game it's not our faults or Kojima's.

Yeah, that doesn't guarantee it'll be on PS hardware. They could easily demo it on PC with target specs as they always have.

I hope it's running on PS4 hardware. Them showing off how awesome it looks on pc with target specs and then getting a downgrade when it is finally shown on PS4 would be disheartening.

Squire

Banned
I hope it's running on PS4 hardware. Them showing off how awesome it looks on pc with target specs and then getting a downgrade when it is finally shown on PS4 would be disheartening.

I'm sure they can achieve what they're going for. I don't think the game looks too crazy on PC. It is gorgeous though. The Phantom Pain trailer was my favorite one from E3.

I loved PW too but it is just a portable game. It's not really comparable to the console games. It had to compromise for a portable and break the game up into mini missions, a lot of which felt repetitive and useless. It had a good story though, and I'm glad I played through it before MGSV. I'm surprised how much of MGSV directly ties to PW.

duckroll

I loved PW too but it is just a portable game. It's not really comparable to the console games. It had to compromise for a portable and break the game up into mini missions, a lot of which felt repetitive and useless. It had a good story though, and I'm glad I played through it before MGSV. I'm surprised how much of MGSV directly ties to PW.

What if MGSV does the same thing because it's open world?

Squire

Banned
What if MGSV does the same thing because it's open world?

Yeah, I do expect MGS5 to be an evolution of PWs design (even though I hated PW lol).

I like what I'm hearing though as far as the last round of previews is concerned. Kojima getting with the times is a thing I can really get behind, myself.

Batzi

Banned
Yeah, I do expect MGS5 to be an evolution of PWs design (even though I hated PW lol).

I like what I'm hearing though as far as the last round of previews is concerned. Kojima getting with the times is a thing I can really get behind, myself.

wait for TGS man. And please don't trust IGN over Kojima's vision of creating a "true stealth simulation". If a staff messed up the gameplay it doesn't mean that's how the game is. We have seen the gameplay in other trailers and we loved what we've seen so far, what makes you think all that just changed all of a sudden?

Batzi

Banned
metal_gear_solid_5_ground_zeroes_la_05.jpg

how the fuck is that different from this which was shown last year at PAX?

534705_4421700694898_827181903_n.jpg

Peace Walker is a great game. Besides, MGSV is a direct sequel to PW!

It is a brilliant game! Perfect for a portable device. I loved the HD remaster just as much... Too add on to the part about MGSV being a sequel, I do wonder how much of Peace Walker's story translates into The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes seems to take place within a couple of weeks of Peace Walker's ending, while The Phantom Pain, itself, looks to be a new, fresh story in the series. I wonder how many of Peace Walker's characters (Chico, Paz, so on and so forth) make their way to The Phantom Pain!

Batzi

Banned
Im sorry but Metal Gear is one of the few games I don't need to see gameplay of.
Give me them 10minute story trailers.

Because you got used to the "old" style Metal Gear gameplay but this is new my friend. You will get lost when you start playing MGSV mark my words.

Batzi

Banned
Are you fucking serious?

Yes I am. Those were obviously taken as the game was being played meaning that they took a screenshot which is not how you usually do it. Those are not official screenshots that KONAMI usually distribute. The lighting in some differ from others. The lighting makes a BIG difference.

I can't really see much difference apart from jagged stuff, but then again I kinda have a hard time picking out on details and stuff.

Batzi

Banned
I can't really see much difference apart from jagged stuff, but then again I kinda have a hard time picking out on details and stuff.

Well I couldn't tell much difference. The only way to know is to see the gameplay running in front of us. According to the press, the game looked gorgeous and it was running 30fps. Unfortunately we will have to be waiting alot more to see that gameplay running on current-gen consoles because come TGS we will be getting the next-gen version of whatever that was played in LA which will be running at 60fps.

RK9039

I have a feeling that they're going to show it off on the PC again, but with specs "targeted" for next-gen.

Yes I am. Those were obviously taken as the game was being played meaning that they took a screenshot which is not how you usually do it. Those are not official screenshots that KONAMI usually distribute. The lighting in some differ from others. The lighting makes a BIG difference.

Aren't those images official?

There's a huge difference from those images and from PAX 2011.

Raynes

Im sorry but Metal Gear is one of the few games I don't need to see gameplay of.
Give me them 10minute story trailers.

Ma man. We'd get along well. I especially think we don't need to see any more GZ shit, the game is based around 1 rescue mission, why spoil so much.
Also GZ graphics look atrocious in that screenshot.

Well I couldn't tell much difference. The only way to know is to see the gameplay running in front of us. According to the press, the game looked gorgeous and it was running 30fps. Unfortunately we will have to be waiting alot more to see that gameplay running on current-gen consoles because come TGS we will be getting the next-gen version of whatever that was played in LA which will be running at 60fps.

Yeah, good point. I just wish we could see the LA Event Gameplay video for this gen. That would be great but obviously they can't show that but that would be the best way to judge.

Batzi

Banned
I have a feeling that they're going to show it off on the PC again, but with specs "targeted" for next-gen.

Aren't those images official?

There's a huge difference from those images and from PAX 2011.

PAX 2012. Official images are branded with a "Konami Digital Entertainment" logo on the bottom right of the pictures. That was obviously a screenshot randomly taken by someone at KP who had access to the footage. I can take a screenshot of the PAX version and show you how bad it can look.

vlcsnap_2013_09_13_11h40m04s69.png

I really hope they'll change that aiming reticle before release. The way it swam around in that first GZ footage gave me PTSD flashbacks to those awful Peace Walker bossfights, firing those machine guns that just sprayed bullets everywhere. I just want the bullets to go where I point 'em.

RK9039

PAX 2012. Official images are branded with a "Konami Digital Entertainment" logo on the bottom right of the pictures. That was obviously a screenshot randomly taken by someone at KP who had access to the footage. I can take a screenshot of the PAX version and show you how bad it can look.

vlcsnap_2013_09_13_11h40m04s69.png

Oh 2012 my bad.

I don't think the person at KP would take a compressed image (a screenshot of a youtube video) from their game to show it off.

We have this from that private event:

And this from E3 which was also targeted for current gen:

Also the ones from GDC, again PC targeted for current gen:

Then we have the actual reveal video of GZ from PAX which seems much better than the images from the private event. There is a difference is all I'm saying, and obviously there would be on old hardware, there's nothing wrong with that.

Batzi

Banned
Oh 2012 my bad.

I don't think the person at KP would take a compressed image (a screenshot of a youtube video) from their game to show it off.

We have this from that private event:

And this from E3 which was also targeted for current gen:

Also the ones from GDC, again PC targeted for current gen:

Then we have the actual reveal video of GZ from PAX which seems much better than the images from the private event. There is a difference is all I'm saying, and obviously there would be on old hardware, there's nothing wrong with that.
I don't see much difference between the first one and the GDC one. Like I said, there are professional ways of taking screenshots and it is not the way we usually do it. They have to take a "clean" screenshot rather than a one taken as the game is being played. Like I said, the game will look differently depending on the lighting effect. Kojima himself said that the lighting was the key to beautiful visuals in MGSV. He knew that he will be having a hard time with current gen specs so the FOX Engine was built with that in mind, the lighting work in MGSV is stunning and it is doing a very good job at hiding low quality textures among other things. It can't hide EVERYTHING, so sometimes things won't look as good as they did although the game was always running on the same hardware.

Batzi

Banned
Plastic and clay actually lol

The rain effect/reflection is having a hard time on the eyes to NOT see them as plastic.

Happened with Sleeping Dogs too IIRC.

at least we agree that PAX 2012 and the last shot we saw of GZ look the same whether it was plastic or not.

watershed

Banned
The game looks great to me but I'm not sold that it will feel like a fresh MGS experience. Though this does look better than MGS4 which left a bad taste in my mouth.

Respawn

Banned
Really looking forward to this. Gameplay would be very appreciated for me personally. Curious to see the gameplay mechanics for this new MG.

Top Bottom