• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kong: Skull Island Review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

And......

Loved it mate! Just pure unashamed monster scrapping joy! effects were top notch, creatures looked great, some decent laughs thanks to the brilliant John C Reilly and the action sequences were a thrill, And yes, I did have to explain to the ushers why I was still sitting when they started their sweep ha ha : )

Post credits scene was great though
King Ghidora for the next film please!!

Highlight of the film for me
Kong having his lunch 'Oldboy' style ; )

gamz

Loved it mate! Just pure unashamed monster scrapping joy! effects were top notch, creatures looked great, some decent laughs thanks to the brilliant John C Reilly and the action sequences were a thrill, And yes, I did have to explain to the ushers why I was still sitting when they started their sweep ha ha : )

Post credits scene was great though
King Ghidora for the next film please!!

Highlight of the film for me
Kong having his lunch 'Oldboy' style ; )

Awesome!

jett

D-Member
vzy7J.gif

eWEWTuL.jpg

Alpende

Is there a spoiler thread for this? The movie doesn't have a lot of story, but there are bits I want to talk about.

Btw, it's a bit late, but avoid the trailers. They spoiled every major scene and creature. Movie has literally no surprise scenes.

Shit, I should just avoid watching trailers all together. I've managed to avoid every Logan trailer so far but I did see 1 trailer for Kong. Why do trailers spoil everything.

Great RT score so far, with Godzilla and Kong the MonsterVerse is starting out great critically. Here's hoping King of the Monsters is even better.

Saw this tonight. 8/10

Dull start, fun island adventure with awesome monster island fights - it got slow a bit in the middle with the village+ samuelLJackson's crew in the wetlands (could have had an enemy/beast show up here) and ends with a thrilling final act. terrific cgi work. Gotta say, I'm not sold on Brie Larson. She was the one weak link here. Her and the worthless asian scientist chick (included no doubt because of chinese funding - probably a famous actress in the mainland)

And oh, it brutal too. There's some legit violent sequences.

Loved the post credit scene and I cannot wait for what the do next in this universe.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I thought Toho is co-producing? I just got it as bringing more asian actors and give asia a big role in these movies cause Kaijus a something totally asian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom