• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koshien 2015 | Japan National High School Baseball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monumma

5 minutes. Get hyped.

According to goroshigeno the last time a Miyagi team got to the final Darvish was on the mound and the last time a Kanagawa team won it Dice-K was their ace. Talk about legacy.

Sato starts with his beautiful fork but later in the inning gets hit. The runner advance to second base with the next ab. double off the wall, really close to a HR, for Sugisaki Shigeki, and we're already 1-0. Double between third and ss, 2-0. 2 outs. 3 outs.

Owasawara, who is starting and already touched 149, allows a 2out hit. The runner steals second, the throw is off and he goes to third. a walk. grouder to first to end the inning.

4-0 in the third and it could have been much worse. This is going to be another blowout, isnt it? Sato is leaving everything up while Ogasawara is cruising.
4-1. 4-2, men on first and third, 1out. 4-3, men on first and second, 1 out. A line to Ogasawara's glove, who doubles it tagging the second base runner ends the third. It's not a duel but at least we have a ballgame.

6-3, middle of the 4th.

Both pitcher are over 90 pitches through 5.
Catch of the game by Sasaki Tooya for the first out of the 6th.
Manrui, 1 out. Sato Sena AB. K. Satou Shouta has a long AB and then hits one over the CF, 3 men cross home and we're tied after 6.

Another Catch.

Monumma

HR IN THE TOP OF THE NINTH. OGASAWARA DOES IT HIMSELF. #32 OF THE TOURNAMENT, COULD BE THE LAST ONE. 7-6.

Sendai Ikuei is now unraveling. 8-6. 9-6. From 2nd to home on a sac fly. why not, lol. 10-6.

Half Inning over, 680 Total pitches for Sato Sena. Sadly for him they likely won't be enough.

1 out. 2 outs.

scotcheggz

Good final! I thought Ikuie put up a strong fight against a team that pretty much dominated in all the previous games leading to today. I thought they might do it when they pulled it back to 6-6 but that 9th was absolutely their worst case scenario.

Beckx

Man, 12 miles of hiking yesterday wiped me out. Was able to watch the replay without knowing anything though.

Wow. So many feels. I thought Sendai Ikuei had all the momentum after coming back to tie it 6-6. That 9th - mad props to Ogasawara crushing that meatball into the stands, then a series of bad events and hard hit balls and it was over.

I don't really know what to make of Ogasawara as a pitcher still. He was never really dominant and he didn't pitch nearly as many innings as is usual for Koshien. Of course, that's one of the keys to why he looked good late (despite the 6 runs). Meanwhile Sena was clearly exhausted.

I hope everybody had fun watching & posting in the thread. It was really great sharing Koshien with you!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Fantastic thread and loved the knowledge you guys were dropping on us. It was also my first time watching Koshien and I loved every second of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom