• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Assassin's Creed 2015 set in Victorian London (Quebec Dev, Screenshots)

Comet

This is the setting I have wanted for a while. I'll pop up a Tale of Two Cities, pop in my smoke pipe, and be ready to assassinate all guv'nahs I see.

U2NUMB

So maybe 2 AC games next year on current gen? Do we still think we might see a version of Rogue on PS4 and X1?

Either way the setting here is.. pretty interesting to me... damn it!!

EGM1966

Hopefully Unity will be in a fit state to play by the time this releases!

Actually though Victorian London - my home town. Very tempting. Won't touch it with a barge pole until its been released and performance and stability analysed back to front and is found to be in a fit state to purchase.

Screens look nice, and Unity really isn't a bad game, just a mediocre one that has some nice things going for it and a ton of technical issues. So I will be cautiously optimistic.

Xater

Another boring European location.

You want more of that "exciting" America?

Anyway, cool setting but it's still AC. Hell one of the first leaked screen is a synchronization point.

There was a point in time I craved for AC during the French Revolution and Victorian London but then annualization and AC3 happened.

SJRB

Gold Member
Jesus Christ, earliest leak ever or what?

Anyway, I'm in like Flynn. How can I resist fistacuffs on a riding charriot?

DOWN

Banned
KraQ7Z.gif

Ugh it's gorgeous

kabel

God damn.

I actually think by now that the have templates for games like PowerPoint Designs which they just choose for a new game and done.

Denton

I so much wish they would make proper open world RPG in one of these wonderful worlds they are building....but it's the same game every year...such a shame.

Still, I will get it for the setting, just like I got Unity and every other AC before it...

Just not on day one. Learned my lesson this year.

imBask

Banned
you guys are really into abusive relationship huh? 2 weeks after getting slapped in the face you're back on the hype train

Scipio

They should go back to numbers.

Unity and Victory sound silly. Black Flag was also the most generic subtitle you could ever give a game about pirating.

Great setting, if not overused. (The Order 1886, Dishonored (not really London but almost the same thing) etc) They should go to Japan, but knowing Ubisoft, it would make it a boring collect-the-shard open world game.

I wonder if pressing B on the original screenshot will synchronize the frame rate to your monitor's vsync, so that you can have a playable game experience.

jred2k

Has it even been a week yet since they had to apologize for releasing a broken game this year? I'm really surprised to see any enthusiasm about this.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking hell yes.

Unity was a massive disappointment, but roaming around beautifully rendered Paris was more than worth it.

I hope they can improve on the gameplay and story for Victory, but I'm probably in either way. Their engine produces visuals that are just second to none, in my opinion.

Salsa

its okay guys we'll get Ass Creed japan in like 2 months after this

and probably Egypt, and Africa, and some other thing announced or "leaked" like a month after the first one comes out and is a rushed broken mess

Sulik2

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict it will be gorgeous, have frame rate problems and feature the same mission design as the last seven AC games excluding the boat stuff. Not interested. I want a Desmond Splinter Cell game Ubisoft, not the same game AGAIN.

KorrZ

I will most likely end up picking this up. I enjoyed Unity quite a bit - if they can deliver on and improve the foundation there and tighten up the technical aspects then it should be a great game.

They got me with the Victorian London style and while it would possibly be nigh unplayable on the consoles if they are aiming towards those graphics, I can not say that I am not looking forward to this style.

Begaria

Oh good, a leak a year in advance. Plenty of time for people to ask Ubisoft to put in female assassin's.

Top Bottom