• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Assassin's Creed 2015 set in Victorian London (Quebec Dev, Screenshots)

Reknoc

Ah, yes, when I think "lesser-known" time periods Victorian London is always the first that springs to mind.

Or its not because it's so unknown. To keep with what Assassins Creed is about. Apparently.

iNvid02

they like reusing assets, makes things easier in the time frames they deal with.

i do wonder how many games we'll get before the next big shift in locale

massoluk

Banned
Victory is something of a shift for the series in a few ways. For one, this is the first Assassin's Creed game helmed by Ubisoft's Quebec studio, as opposed to their primary Montreal office, which has led development on the biggest Assassin's Creed releases since the first game in 2007.
Heh, does it even matter anymore who helmed a project at Ubisoft? The end credit will ended up with a hundred thousand people anyway churning out this title like an assembly line.

Revven

How about completely fixing Unity first? You know, the game you just released two weeks ago that is still suffering from framerate issues and other problems? I'm surprised people in this very thread are excited about this announcement as if Unity didn't just drop and wasn't a complete mess.

DOWN

Banned
Ubisoft game reveal. Let's not get too excited.

Come on. Unity was a creative beauty with tech issues. They surely know not to pull a Unity twice as far as polish since the brand won't survive that again. I loved Paris enough that I told myself immediately I would get AC 2015, and I sure am excited for this.

Agreed. Black Flag 4 was a such breath of fresh air in the series. I'm still waiting AC in Japan.

the only thing refreshing about 4 was the boat stuff. The actual campaign was full of terrible stealth/tailing missions and the gameplay was barely an upgrade from AC3. Problem was that no one played 3, or revelations, so people didn't see how the campaigns were progressive getting worst as the series went along.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Remember to buy day one before the reviews hit folks.

Kinda amazing the shift in tone over a few screenshots...

Like, has nobody learned over the past three years? "Wow, that looks really good!, can't wait to play". I will bet 5 Diamond Dog Coins the same person will say "Wow, can't believe at the downgrade, the game is buggy and doesn't look as good as initial reveal, but it's Assassins Creed and it's fun, hope next year is different!"

Cmon guys, don't let Ubisoft off so easy, please. Make them sweat a little and wait for reviews.

Kotaku with the shiv.
Hopefully won't look like this

huYDJC2-665x385.jpg

mp1990

Banned
Seriously,i don't think Ubi would launch two games of they major franchise with so many problems,certainly Victory will run a lot better than Unity.

I wonder if we´ll ever get an AssCreed set in Germany.

....but I don´t think there is a "period" as famous as the french reovlution or Victorian-era I guess...

No World war 1 or 2 pls

I'm surprised people are as positive about this as they are. How are people A) not bored to tears by Assassin's Creed, and B) not still resentful about Unity? Also, doesn't it seem like this is a little early? It's almost like they're saying "hey, forget about that hot mess we released a few weeks ago - look at this sweetness coming next year! Assassin's Creed is still cool!"

Philippo

Just release it in a more playable status, UbiQueb.
Setting is a must buy, but i'm not going to pay for a broken ass, glitchy, sub-15fps game.

I'm surprised people are as positive about this as they are. How are people A) not bored to tears by Assassin's Creed, and B) not still resentful about Unity? Also, doesn't it seem like this is a little early? It's almost like they're saying "hey, forget about that hot mess we released a few weeks ago - look at this sweetness coming next year! Assassin's Creed is still cool!"

this is gaf. People that boycott still end up buying the next game in the series.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah, this seemed like the logical follow-up to Unity.

It will probably be one of those "not-exactly-a-full-sequel" titles that focuses on polishing all the rough edges from the last game, but still positioned as a mainline title in the same way AC4 built directly on top of AC3 or Brotherhood on AC2.
In the case of Unity that's not a bad thing.

Kazerei

Banned
I wonder if Connor will be mentioned in this one. Probably too late for him to make an appearance again, poor guy.

AHA-Lambda

Looks good graphically and a great setting, but I'm sure it'll still be the same damn Ubisoft open world shit once more with another inconsequential story as this franchise continues to meander aimlessly.

Kinda amazing the shift in tone over a few screenshots...

Like, has nobody learned over the past three years? "Wow, that looks really good!, can't wait to play". I will bet 5 Diamond Dog Coins the same person will say "Wow, can't believe at the downgrade, the game is buggy and doesn't look as good as initial reveal, but it's Assassins Creed and it's fun, hope next year is different!"

Yep, can't believe some people have forgotten Unity already.

Ubisoft should pull a Marvel/DC and just reveal their entire lineup of open world games for the next 10 years.

Fixed.

NHale

Did anyone mentioned this looks like a intentional leak by Ubisoft to try to erase the damage done by AC: Unity aka change the narrative from the actual broken game they just released to the hopes, dreams and aspirations about this new shiny product that will release in 12 months?

Well great job Ubisoft PR. As we can see in this thread it worked perfectly on a lot of people. Can't wait to see them again next year when you "leak" AC: Namasté after AC: Victory debacle.

Top Bottom