• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Batman reimagined by Tetsuya Nomura.

Basketball

3664787-1392402077679.jpg

Village

That is quite possibly one of the ugliest, busiest character designs I've ever seen. It's like a bayformers robot.

It is also the best batman design.

SHiiiet.

Where is my video game with this batman in it, where is my this batman animated film?

I actually like it a lot, but it's obvious he's just ripping his Kingdom Hearts designs now.

.... Or he has an art style.... and aesthetic preferences.

It's fucking Bahamut.

Anyway, the red bat over the face (especially if it lit up neon lighting) would almost kind of give it a futuristic sci-feel to batman.

This is a freaking awesome design. Makes me nothing but optimistic for his work on XV. I was worried that his monster making skills may not have matured along with his character designing skills since we haven't seen much of them since VIII, but this is such a dead ringer for Bahamut or Diabolos and excellent looking to boot.

Can't wait to see his Catwoman.

Voror

There's aspects of it I actually kind of like, but it's a bit too....busy I guess? He looks like a supervillain though. Could make for a cool boss battle.

seat

Wow, that is horrendous. I wonder how difficult it was for Nomura not to ejaculate buckles all over this "design". Them shitty art blue balls need to be drained!

Lernaean

Banned
Quote the shit out of me, testuya namura one of the inspirations that got me into art school with all these scholarships and shit. Love that dudes work, love this batman, the best.

If it males you feel better i love it too, and i'm getting this figure >.<

KoopaTheCasual

The person responsible for the overwrought, style over substance statue is the same person who has been responsible for FFXV for the past eight years. So it's not really stretch at all.
So the guy that makes an out there Batman design, is the same guy, who was in charge of this art direction:
So let's disregard how elegant and restrained FFXV looks (and draw baseless conclusions about the game as a whole), because Nomura decided to make a Batman for shits and giggles. Flawless logic.

BlueWord

Ok, let's not pretend this isn't a really creative and very "Nomura" take on Batman. I think he might've strayed too far from the source material, but it's still pretty cool.

L00P

I think it looks pretty good visually sans the extra arms on his wings.

But it looks more like some dark version of gurren lagann than batman

Top Bottom