• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Batman reimagined by Tetsuya Nomura.

-Horizon-

For reference, Amano's depiction of Batman:

6A9U6Ul.jpg
That's one curvy batman

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
For reference, Amano's depiction of Batman:

http://i.imgur.com/6A9U6Ul.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

"[url="http://www.shortpacked.com/2011/comic/book-13/05-the-death-of-snkrs/falseequivalence/"]Th-that art makes me feel uncomfortable.[/URL]"

I like the rendition, it's an interesting spin on it. I was just amused by how much it reminded me of this comic.

Also: "Stupid sexy Batman...", hehe

btkadams

I love Nomura so much. I literally started laughing out loud when I saw the thread title. It felt like an eternity waiting for the pictures to load!

Makes me remember, Nomura can design some BADASS looking knights... when he wants to. Shame he gets attached on non-medieval games. Would love to see him head the art direction in a medieval-set FF game just for the crazy badass knight characters! Hell, don't have to be medieval, but a modern or futuristic world with some medieval themes(like knights that look like THAT). I'd prefer to see Nomura kick around some creativity like that than, well, yet another more modern dressed character with normal or j-pop influences(and belts and zippers). Dammit, Nomura, you can design some really cool fantasy stuff and some uber awesome armor designs... you just.... don't most of the time.

Wazzy

Banned
Looks fine. It's not a great batman design but overall it's a good design. It would be a fantastic Diablos for future FF's.

It's very similar to FFVIII's.

His cowl is what looks off; that isn't Batman, that's like Dragon-man or something (or Bahamut-man, as a lot have already said).

Wazzy

Banned
His cowl is what looks off; that isn't Batman, that's like Dragon-man or something (or Bahamut-man, as a lot have already said).

It's because it's creating the bat symbol in his visor.

Either way, I like that it's a Final Fantasy twist on batmans design.

The only dumb part is the demon arms on the cape.

First thing of when I saw it was Cyclop's new Red X visor.

I totally forgot Cyclops changed his visor. I miss his old one. :(

SerTapTap

I like how so many people have entirely different "the only thing that's wrong is..."

Nomura does know that Batman is the good guy, right, not the Final Boss?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Dear Square-Enix:

Give me a Batman figure designed by Yoji Shinkawa

Regards,
Me.

Top Bottom