• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: "Five Things I Already Love About Agents Of Mayhem"

dLMN8R

This game looks like a ton of fun, and it's nice to see some of the early impressions being so positive. Especially from Tom Chick!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Was on the periphery of my radar, always loved the SR franchise and Volition in general so was interested at the jump just didn't realize it was coming so soon or felt it necessary to really follow it at all. But surprisingly it was the Agents of Maybe thread that actually got me on board. The fact that the game doesn't support co-op or multiplayer and they wanted to preserve the singe player experience really put me over the edge.

Style and gameplay look like a ton of fun and all the impressions for the game have been rather glowing. So I'm pretty excited.

SlickVic

I think I'll end up picking this up at launch since Best Buy is offering the $10 gift card with preorder, even though it wouldn't surprise me to see this on sale for $40 by early October and probably under $30 before the end of the year.

I'm a fan of Volition's brand of open world chaos and humor, so I suspect I'll have a good time with this one.

Tei

Neo Member
My spies say that this game is very very good. I am still waiting for more news (when they return from enemy territory).

Almost finished the game but will say people wanting to hate on this look a bit silly. Solid game with its fair bit of design issues, otherwise there is a lot to love here. Can't score it till embargo but I think the game will have fans. Will see what other mainstream reviewers think.

Almost finished the game but will say people wanting to hate on this look a bit silly. Solid game with its fair bit of design issues, otherwise there is a lot to love here. Can't score it till embargo but I think the game will have fans. Will see what other mainstream reviewers think.

From what I have seen it looks fun, I love the anime style intros for the characters too

The Argus

Wow, this whole time I thought it was online only.

Why not put this in the Saints Row universe? Why start a new IP when you have one with at least decent name recognition? From what I've seen nothing here wouldn't work with a SR name badge. This will bomb, and it shouldn't.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Why not put this in the Saints Row universe? Why start a new IP when you have one with at least decent name recognition? From what I've seen nothing here wouldn't work with a SR name badge. This will bomb, and it shouldn't.

It... is in the Saints Row universe. It's just not called Saint Row. Probably 'cause people'd complain about it not playing like the other games in the series.

It... is in the Saints Row universe. It's just not called Saint Row. Probably 'cause people'd complain about it not playing like the other games in the series.

It actually was called Saints Row: AoM at one point, but I imagine they removed the SR brand for that very reason. Also called Agents of the Row at some point as well.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

patchday

what was that Battlefield spinoff game that did exactly that recently and didnt do so well? And some critics actually suggested would've done better if it didnt have the BF tag

Nothing wrong with them taking a chance on a fresh new IP (well beyond it being high risk that is)

Top Bottom