• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: GTA V to have some sort of special perk for PS4 owners

Hah wow. You are glad when Sony do it?

url

Welcome

Raist

Banned
GTA is a PlayStation franchise. It started with us.

Haha, oh boy/

Make it like Far Cry 4 PlayStation 4 where my friends can play with me even if they don't have the game.

Hahahahahaha.

Possibly. I wonder why no one talks about this, and asks for a bit more details to Sony / Uni and whether it's coming for other ames. I mean, it's kinda big.

Rflagg

Better not be anything major tired of this exclusive content BS on both sides

This just because someone bought a different platform they should not get punished. In this case it at least sounds like I won't be one of the people punished, but still I hate this.

fasTRapid

Banned
Right, and Sony landed Battlefield:: Hardline for co-marketing this year even though Battlefield sells better on Xbox platforms and is more closely associated with those platforms as most shooters are.
Battlefield is a PlayStation-associated (on consoles at least) brand as well. Battlefield 4 active players on PS4 topped Xbox One and sometimes even PC, despite Microsoft marketing, after Bf3 was marketed by Sony.
Even CoD: Ghosts did better on PS4, despite the Xbox exclusive marketing. So, uh. What you're saying is pure bullshit.

On another note Microsoft is way worse, buying timed exclusive rights instead of just extra content for their platform.

I bet you it's a bundle of some sort. They had it for GTA V and it did very well, so I think, they'll continue it.

On another note: I really don't like the Assassin's Creed Xbox deal. AC is a PlayStation-associated franchise and that's where it should stay.
EA tried it last year with Battlefield 4 and they failed miserably, now they're back at Sony. I hope, we'll see the next AC back in Sony's hands.
To me, it's just sad, that the best AC in a long, looooooooooong time isn't enjoying the PS marketing privilege. But enough of the OT. :p

Andrew opened the conference with the notice, that every 3rd-party-title on the show would have some sort of exclusive deal on PlayStation.

What the fuck am I reading

Damn you got to love the "rewriting" of GTA history by Koller :-

Koller said:
GTA is a PlayStation franchise. It started with us.

Odd that I do seem to recall it started on the PC and it was the PC that got GTA first till Sony money hatted Rockstar and locked in 6 month exclusivity from 3 onwards.

Jomjom

Banned
This is just the transferring from PS3 and 360 versions isn't it? Sony trying to steal that 360 userbase away from MS.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Really? I mean I'm sure there will be something exclusive, but using that quote as a justification is stretching

Koller: GTA V is going to be, I think, a title we'll talk about more in the weeks and months to come, but GTA V and the GTA franchise is something that will be something very special on PlayStation.

It sounded more like she was saying that since the GTA Franchise is intertwined with the history of the playstation, playing GTA5 "On Playstation" would be something very special.

BibiMaghoo

Damn you got to love the "rewriting" of GTA history by Koller :-

Odd that I do seem to recall it started on the PC and it was the PC that got GTA first till Sony money hatted Rockstar and locked in 6 month exclusivity from 3 onwards.

Probably means as either the 3D versions of the game, or more likely, when the franchise actually took off. It did well enough before, but with 3 it exploded and became what it is today.

Edit: Wait, the first game did launch on PS1 and Pc same year, but I can't find a date for each.

I simply dislike franchises jumping from one platform to another. ;)

Jumping ? In case you hadn't noticed there is no hypothetical rule like you are implying , Creed was actually launched on both Xbox 360 and PS3 and sold well despite some average reviews.

It's business, each marketing team identifies franchises they could promote with their platform and roll with it.

Certinty

This is just the transferring from PS3 and 360 versions isn't it? Sony trying to steal that 360 userbase away from MS.
As far as I'm aware you can transfer your GTA Online data from the PS3 and 360 to any next-gen console or PC of your choice.

Sundown

Banned
Battlefield is a PlayStation-associated (on consoles at least) brand as well. Battlefield 4 active players on PS4 topped Xbox One and sometimes even PC, despite Microsoft marketing, after Bf3 was marketed by Sony.
Even CoD: Ghosts did better on PS4, despite the Xbox exclusive marketing. So, uh. What you're saying is pure bullshit.

On another note Microsoft is way worse, buying timed exclusive rights instead of just extra content for their platform.

Calm your tits, dude. If Battlefield is more closely associated with PS platforms then surely it would have sold better on those platforms instead? With the exception of Battlefield 4 it hasn't, and that can be largely attributed to the fact XB1 has a smaller install base and other exclusive shooters like Titanfall and PvZ (the latter of which will be coming to PS4 soon). Battlefield 3, Bad Company 1 and 2 all sold better on 360 if I recall correctly.

And not to turn this into a system wars debate (as I really dislike championing on multi billion dollar corporation over another), I'll take timed exclusivity over permanent exclusivity any day. At least you'll one day get to play that game or content. With permanently exclusive content you're deprived off content based on the platform you play on. I don't think either Microsoft or Sony are saints in this regard and the blame can't be lain by their feet entirety, it's a problem within the industry as a whole, but I know which practices makes me feel less fucked over.

I simply dislike franchises jumping from one platform to another. ;)

Fucking hell, what does this even mean? Has Assassin's Creed suddenly vanished from PS platforms? Come on, dude. You should be better than this.

Nzyme32

Are you talking about save files / progress transfers? Apparently, you can actually do this with all platforms. Sony just wanted to go with the PS4 centric future. As someone who doesn't own either Xbox One of PS4, it is super confusing to have to untangle their word spaghetti of information to actually find out what is really going on. Just the nature of press events I guess

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I hear one side brag about exclusive content for their brand I immediately resent that brand. I'm not sure why these morons think it would inspire me to purchase or support their bran. I cringed every time I heard it at E3 on Monday. Exclusive content has gone from feeling like a free bonus, to feeling like an attack on my rights as a consumer.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
If 'exclusive content' is your bag then the PC version will be the one to get. As for this perk, I think it might end up being Sony themed clothing/vehicles etc. for GTA Online.

todahawk

The Last of Us mode where you play as Joel in the full open world, and pedestrians are replaced by bandits, infected and clickers.

That would be insanely awesome.
If it wasn't for the Diablo 3 deal I'd say you were crazy but that gives this the slightest glimmer of hope.

Shadownet

Banned
Everyone who buy it on PS4 get a free voucher for a future download of The Last Guardian?

if it ever comes out... Lol

todahawk

VtRIt3t.gif

Why didn't they say this at the event?
Also GTA franchise suggests this is only the beginning and not a one off the gen.

I don't think that's unreasonable... they have the engine up and running for next gen with GTA 5 so they've got a base for GTA 6 and RDR 2 now.

How about not having to pay rent, bills, or hospital fees in GTAO? Let papa Sony cover that virtual currency cost, and let the players get back to the serious business of stealing cars, robbing banks and blowing shit up.

Or they could,. ya know, just remove those costs entirely across the board.

Yoda

Almost certain it won't be anything meaningful since they didn't declare it at E3

Also:

History and my childhood disagree with you

He is clearly talking about GTA 3, which is when the franchise became a household name.

Top Bottom