• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: GTA V to have some sort of special perk for PS4 owners

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Can we even display themes on the PS4?

Not those kinds of themes. He's talking about themed transitions/intros in the PS4 video editor, like there are for inFamous and The Playroom.

GTAV is perfect for game captures, so it'd make sense.

Also, the perk is being able to jump and auto ragdoll (Square, Circle) in GTA Online.

Please?

Shin-Ra

This PS4 version keeps getting better and better. I am screaming on the inside with utter joy at this thought. I dislike the idea of console exclusive content...but gat dayum in this case when it swings in my favor I can't help but love it!! :D :D
Sticking that knife in and twisting it.

The LoU had a nice design that would have worked very well with this.

Especially if you like back door action.
You mean that shaking door in Bill's Town that leads upstairs..

RyudBoy

lol @ special perk

let's be honest, the only thing people care about is how much the PS4 version will look better than XB1. special effects, yo. add it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Because there's nothing to say. He said the franchise was special to the PS brand, and that it'll be a special experience on PS4.
Well there it is.....again lol
Lets hope this Special to PS brand continues to next E3 with FFXV, RE6, Tomb Raider 2( I'm not using its full title....Ever)

It'll be a beta for AGENT.

BELIEVE.

That would be fucking amazing. Just imagine, you go home from the store/open up the psn store on your console, you open the case/game page to either take out the disc or download the game, and BAM! stealth voucher code for beta access for AGENT, starting the very next day.

BELIEVE.

1080p/60fps.

Includes GTA San Andreas and Vice City remastered.

GTA Collection Remastered?

1128.gif

Taker34

Banned
GTA = PlayStation, imo. Still remember playing that crazy game called GTA 2 on my PS1. Was always curious to see how it would look in 3D... and seeing GTA 3 for the first time was even more impressive and THE reason to get a PS2 back then. So I'm glad to see that R*/Sony partnership still going strong.

fasTRapid

Banned
Fucking hell, what does this even mean? Has Assassin's Creed suddenly vanished from PS platforms? Come on, dude. You should be better than this.
I'm a marketing guy, who likes consistency. Why go out of your way and market the game towards platform Z, when you've done it since forever towards platform A, where the majority of your fans are? Why go out of your way and suddenly display the weakest version of your game?

cripterion

Probably something lame like in watchdogs, whatever they're bringing I'll still get the pc version for the modding community.

Corpekata

Banned
Not a big fan of this exclusive content stuff. Especially the way Sony seems to handle it, where it stays exclusive. At least with MS it was generally just timed. Hope it's like Diablo's Last of Us stuff and Bayonetta 2's Nintendo costumes, stuff that's rather minor and designed around the platform's franchises.

Pakoe

GTA started with GTA 3.

tumblr_m72sl2Ryta1r35d8x.gif

GTA 1 and london were amazing, but GTA 2 was my favorite game for a loooong time.
One of my first games i bought with my own money, back when the people in stores didn't care about what games kids buy.

OT: Maybe the PS4 gets timed exclusivity for the new SP DLC?

Sticking that knife in and twisting it.
I cleaned the knife first, at least, k? It is a rough deal for everyone else, but then again, I am the victim of this with other games coming down the pike, so I feel your pain. Just not with GTA ;)
So you don't dislike the idea
I do not disagree! I don't dislike the idea very much. I couldn't be more unhappy that Sony is recognizing the beginning of the series. That is something that hasn't been done in a long time. JP PSN has the original GTA's, but we still do not in NA, and that makes me sad. I wouldn't be unsatisfied with anything they do, they won't unmake the game to be even better than it was. Rockstar is not incompetent! :D

Yasae

Banned
If they made this content free and available to other platforms in one week or less after ps4 gets it, I wouldn't mind an already ethically reprehensible marketing ploy.

Otherwise fuck em.

If they made this content free and available to other platforms in one week or less after ps4 gets it, I wouldn't mind an already ethically reprehensible marketing ploy.

Otherwise fuck em.

Sony asked and paid to get some exclusive perk. If Microsoft wants then they can get some too. Its just that Sony wants to provide something to their gamers and GTA V sold well on PS3 and going to sell more in PS4 too.

ViviOggi

Sony asked and paid to get some exclusive perk. If Microsoft wants then they can get some too. Its just that Sony wants to provide something to their gamers and GTA V sold well on PS3 and going to sell more in PS4 too.
I will never understand why so many videogame enthusiasts feel the need to do megacorporarions' PR work for free instead of arguing from a consumer's perspective

Horns

PS3 had an exclusive feature with IV, you could use six axis to control certain vehicles. That's what I'm expecting it to be besides maybe some performance differences.

Yasae

Banned
So by all means, everyone should moneyhat away. This doesn't even work for PC gamers who have been left out in the cold for a year. Who do you pay there?

N.Domixis

Banned
Something that would be cool would be sweet tooth vehicle, sly coopers van, ratchets spaceship, Drake and TLOU enemy skins for pedestrians, LBP built vehicles, wipeout car.

Elios83

SCEE's CEO Jim Ryan has also confirmed there's a marketing deal with Rockstar for GTAV. Whether this will cover just ads and a bundle like last year with the PS3 version or exclusive contents as well is unknown at this stage, probably details will be announced at Gamescom, among with a precise release date.

Btw I really don't care about exclusive vehicles or outfits....I'd prefer to see a non-exclusive single player expansion like The Ballad of Gay Tony to give me more reasons to buy the game again.

Top Bottom