• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: It's Reckoning Day For Nintendo Switch Rumor Reporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The thing is that she's actually been shaky on the BG&E news. For example, when she first reported it at Destructoid she said that it was an exclusive that was being funded by Nintendo. Now it's a timed exclusive. That's a rather big shift from being a Bayonetta 2 situation to being more like Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Yeah, BG&E2 isn't even remotely validated. She's alone on that front and the rumour has been revised twice:

Originally: In production, Switch exclusive, 2017
Then: In pre-production, Switch exclusive, 2018, teaser during the Switch reveal (after Ancel announced that Ubi had greenlit the project)
Now: Temporary Switch exclusive and maybe a teaser during the Switch media event (after the Switch reveal)

The lack of consistency sticks out like a sore thumb -- every single detail she's provided has changed at least once. I'll be quite shocked if the rumour is on the mark as it looks to me like she/her source has been evolving the rumour in response to facts that cast doubt over it.

It's only gonna get worse.

unknown.png
Way to spoil the whole show.

M3d10n

I don't know how much of a "reckoning" on technical specifications you'll really be able to have after today.

Knowing Nintendo, that will only be truly possible once either the dev documentation leaks, someone takes a microscope picture of the die, or the system is hacked.

Unless they keep it the Switch off their developer portal long after launch (which would be incredibly dumb, since they need as many game developers on board as possible), we'll know all the gory details as soon as it shows up there.

More like its reckoning day for Nintendo. The only people hyping this event up are the hardcore fans. Just like with Wii U. And you already likely know more than will be shown because of these leaks! That means there is only disappointment to look forward to.

Mass media doesn't give a shit nor should they. Where is the hook for this device? The New Nintendo Switch, it's the Wii U you didn't give two shits about four years ago but now it's PORTABLE! Pre-order now!

Does that really sound like a recipe for massive success and hype to people here? Lower expectations. Don't even expect half the rumors and leaks to be confirmed.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Who the fuck takes SuperMetalDave seriously on freaking anything. This article only serves to legitimize him as an insider.

Kebiinu

Banned

unknown.png

Well as accurate as that picture looks, I guess it's a good thing that we all set the bar so low, yeah? I want Nintendo to deliver, but I can't remember the last time one of their presentations really did deliver--outside the initial Switch reveal. Crossing my fingers!

More like its reckoning day for Nintendo. The only people hyping this event up are the hardcore fans. Just like with Wii U. And you already likely know more than will be shown because of these leaks! That means there is only disappointment to look forward to.

Mass media doesn't give a shit nor should they. Where is the hook for this device? The New Nintendo Switch, it's the Wii U you didn't give two shits about four years ago but now it's PORTABLE! Pre-order now!

Does that really sound like a recipe for massive success and hype to people here? Lower expectations. Don't even expect half the rumors and leaks to be confirmed.

..............What the hell are you talking about?

Kebiinu

Banned

I sincerely hope you take up acting, if not already, your dramatics would serve you better there.

RK128

unknown.png

Is is bad I thought this was completely real for a moment? The Metroid bit in that image is something I can clearly see Nintendo pull considering how tone-deaf they are regarding the Metroid IP.

Hope that is wrong but would be shocked if it was real. I doubt Zelda is pushed to the holiday season though; they need a big game for launch.

i definitely did a double-take wondering if i'd missed a mass-posting of threads from people who bought into fake rumors that had then been purged. hahaha.

TimmiT

I like Emily, but Laura's / excessive / bragging about seemingly every little thing she leaks is getting old. Your source, that you trust enough to post about, told you information that turned out to be legitimate... Like, what is reporting?

Yeah, there's also the time when she leaked that Grant Kirkhope is working on the Rabbids/Mario game because Grant tweeted about working on a secret thing. Which just feels like shoving in Grant's face that she can tell people about what he's working on earlier than he can. I'm not really a fan of game announcement leaks in general, but the way she sometimes handles these leaks especially bothers me.

robotrock

Banned
Jason Schreier it will be reckoning day for you whenever WB Montreal decides to announce that Damien Wayne Batman game you think exists

I find this article hypocritical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom