• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: It's Reckoning Day For Nintendo Switch Rumor Reporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's only gonna get worse.

unknown.png
Good lord, I couldn't take that much negativity

Reki

It's only gonna get worse.
unknown.png

Amazing.

Yeah, there's also the time when she leaked that Grant Kirkhope is working on the Rabbids/Mario game because Grant tweeted about working on a secret thing. Which just feels like shoving in Grant's face that she can tell people about what he's working on earlier than he can. I'm not really a fan of game announcement leaks in general, but the way she sometimes handles these leaks especially bothers me.

I agree, you don't need to leak everything just because you can. In the particular case of Kirkhope it's like robbing him of the opportunity of surprising fans with the news.

AgeEighty

I like Emily, but Laura's / excessive / bragging about seemingly every little thing she leaks is getting old. Your source, that you trust enough to post about, told you information that turned out to be legitimate... Like, what is reporting?

And yet, there are still a lot of people out there who think she's doing some kind of disservice to gaming by reporting on the leaks she receives. She also still routinely gets called a "liar". So who can really blame her for wanting vindication?

Aeana

I'm more concerned about people on this forum going batshit crazy than anything else. I cleared my evening, y'all better behave.

joedick

If people are gonna follow rumors, they gotta realize that when something doesn't pan out, it doesn't necessarily mean it was made up. Plans change all the time. In my opinion, Laura Kate Dale, Emily Rogers and Tom Phillips have proven that they have industry sources and I trust what they say, knowing full well it may not come to pass.

Jakoo

I've always enjoyed Laura and Emily's role as Nintendo leakers and speculators--will be interesting to see how much of it pans out for them tonight as a fun metagame.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
It certainly has been a hell of a ride to this point. But I thank all the leakers for keeping me sane through the silence Nintendo gave us throughout 2016

I'm just hopeful Laura's are correct for her own sanity. Seen some awful abuse sent her way, and hopefully her being proven correct would abate that in the future.

On a scale from Anarchy to Apocalypse, how concerned are you about possible unrest?

Given the build up and how much attention / activity any Switch discussion threads have gotten on here, if tonight is anything less than a fantastic showing for Switch I think shit could hit the fan big time

King_Moc

Banned
I'm just hopeful Laura's are correct for her own sanity. Seen some awful abuse sent her way, and hopefully her being proven correct would abate that in the future.

I think we all know why people would be sending her abuse on the internet. She ticks a lot of boxes for some people.

NolbertoS

That guy who did that is probably crazy.

Please Credit Me.

You sir should be credited for creating that gif. Darkest timeline NEOGAF is bound to happen :p. I respect Laura and Emily moreso than Metaldave and others. So far Laura had been sorta vindicated on some things.

AgeEighty

If people are gonna follow rumors, they gotta realize that when something doesn't pan out, it doesn't necessarily mean it was made up. Plans change all the time. In my opinion, Laura Kate Dale, Emily Rogers and Tom Phillips have proven that they have industry sources and I trust what they say, knowing full well it may not come to pass.

This is important and true, and I wish everyone would pay attention to it.

Plum

Given the build up and how much attention / activity any Switch discussion threads have gotten on here, if tonight is anything less than a fantastic showing for Switch I think shit could hit the fan big time

Yep. Any negatives are going to be latched on to so hard that you'd think GAF would be shut down if people simmered down over them. I fully expect the leaks to have a VERY adverse affect on how people react; if something is shown from the leaks then the sentiment will be "we knew that already!" and if something isn't shown from the leaks then "*insert leaker here* was lying!"

georly

1. I don't get why people feel the need to crucify leakers when they're wrong rather than ignore them going forward. They're human beings, they either heard incorrectly or made it up. It doesn't matter. No need to do anything other than ignore them going forward.

2. This article seems a bit hypocritical considering his track record in the way he's putting these people in the spotlight. Reckoning? please. Put nintendo on blast, not these people.

3. I hope this article doesn't lead to even MORE people sending targeted harassment at any of these leakers than they were already going to get if it was wrong.

It's kinda neat to have a summary of all the leaks in one place so we can compare and contrast what was right and wrong and who has and doesn't have credibility going forward, but to say its their day of reckoning and that they hopefully won't be embarrassed by all of this seems a tad too much. Jason of all people should know the ire that people reporting on rumors can get. Why invite more?

Elandyll

Banned
To make sure it can only be good news, plan on the following:

2Gb Ram
Wii U CPU equivalent
B/G Wifi
Resistive touchScreen
2h battery when unplugged
720p on tv, 480p on the go
Cards limited to 16Gb, Nintendo brand only, $40 for 8Gb and $60 for 16Gb

Zelda delayed to September.

Switch delayed to May 5th JP/ US (June 9th for EU), releasing with Animal Crossing HD port and Stardew Valley port

$299

/jk

Hang in there Ninfans, 9ish hours to go! :)

Some Nobody

Hold up. What did Tom Phillips leak besides Pokémon Stars? I've forgotten, and ask because should there be nothing else major then he's prolly off the hook until E3.

As for the other rumors, I only want trolls to be wrong and neither Emily or LKD seem like trolls at all.

pswii60

Nintendo is unlikely to even talk about hardware specs, especially the internals. They never do talk about clock speeds etc, that's for the enthusiasts to work out after release. So I wouldn't expect the conference to completely clean up the rumour mill.
lol at you showing your face in Switch threads, or any thread at all.

kbng3strui1wkqxyuses.png
Wow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom